Alright people.32%32% - 40
Depends.51%51% - 64
Total: 125
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

11 Bravo wrote:

Uzique wrote:

my post addressed your little remark perfectly well...

you don't know what the experience is like because the only impressions you have is from tv and films, probably... your 'disbelief' in the "hanoi hilton" comment perfectly shows that. what do you expect it to be like - other than how i described it? and what point were you trying to make, furthermore? that you're shocked by how bad and degrading the police-process is? okay.
dude you make it sound like you were a POW
no, not at all... i know it's not that bad. my point is that the legal principle here is 'innocent until proven guilty', but i was treated like a guilty scumbag and denied even the most basic liberties when i had done nothing wrong. seeing as police holding cells are for people in that exact legal state - 'innocent until proven guilty' - i expected a little more courtesy and basic human decency to that which i was given. hard to put the experience into words... the police just acted like cocks and it all felt very unprofessional. i was innocent and didn't feel like they were there for my 'good' or my 'protection', at all.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5750|شمال

11 Bravo wrote:

burnzz wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

no i never spent 2 days in jail because i can behave myself.
missing out on a life experience. put it on your bucket list . . .
i said never 2 days.....
1 day?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6542|Texas - Bigger than France
I've never met a dickhead cop.

I've met plenty of dickheads who got arrested.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I'm 100% sure all law enforment agents are hypocrites. I haven't seen a cop driving a car without the cell phone up to his ear. But then he'll issue out a ticket for that which in new jersey is a 120 dollar + points.
I'm sure there are exceptions to that law in your State.  In Cali, people in "business" vehicles are allowed to use there cell phones in any manner.  That cable guy is allowed to use cell phone to ear.

As for my opinion about police, here in SoCal, really depends.  In general, the ones I've met and dealt with have been professional and respectful.  But yeah, I've constantly seen them violate traffic laws.

But that's nothing compared to police and law enforcement in my home country.  My mother's clan has relatives in all levels of law enforcement, even FBI equivalents.  Lets just say, I could have someone "disappear" and get away with it.  M16 autos are standard issue and they are trigger happy.  Shoot first, ask questions later, since bribery and intimidation are common.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I'm 100% sure all law enforment agents are hypocrites. I haven't seen a cop driving a car without the cell phone up to his ear. But then he'll issue out a ticket for that which in new jersey is a 120 dollar + points.
With all due respect, you used to live in the Jersey City heights which is a pretty hell holish place compared with other areas of NJ, so of course your police force would be kinda sub par.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5237|Cleveland, Ohio

Beduin wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

burnzz wrote:

missing out on a life experience. put it on your bucket list . . .
i said never 2 days.....
1 day?
drunk tank...aboot 6 hours
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6696|NJ

Macbeth wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

With all due respect, you used to live in the Jersey City heights which is a pretty hell holish place compared with other areas of NJ, so of course your police force would be kinda sub par.
I'm actually talking all of New Jersey. You just see it, I'm actually friends with two cops in Union City. One whose been on the force for like two years and the other who's about to retire. The one who's about to retire tells me story's of the new one in such a "this kid is who gives cops a bad name" tone.
Followed with stories how he just randomly arrests people and tries to issue out as many tickets as possible. And union city isn't really rich, I heard that when they raised the taxes in West New York that the people matched.

Hey man my blocks of the heights was the nice block,
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
Ive been in jail.  Do I get street cred?
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5237|Cleveland, Ohio
no cuz youre brown, jail is like home for you people
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5750|شمال
fun time
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ
I went to a weekend sleep away camp, do I get street cred?

It was court ordered?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
my lawyer fucked me
Tu Stultus Es
cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ

eleven bravo wrote:

my lawyer fucked me
He wantted to get you ready for jail. Did he at least give you a reach around.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
ill get the sisters on you
Tu Stultus Es
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
i could be a friend to you
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6740
I think that the police in the UK need a hell of a lot more respect, I remember when I was a kid I was scared of getting in trouble with the police, but now a days most kids don't give a shit about the police cause they know they can't touch them cause of all the nanny state rule, so they just run riot.

Of course there going to be bad apples in any profession, but you can't let that cloud your judgement of them and its not a job I would want to do, putting my life on the line for others.

To be honest a bit more respect for the police put it into your children minds as they growing up and there would be a lot less trouble on the streets.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

uzique wrote:

i have read law for 2 years as a preface to a possible law degree and have studied many sociological and psychological texts at full-degree level to aid my own education and writing.
Sorry, reading texts =/= actual training, practical exposure and assessment.
the plain fact is that they just don't recruit new bobbies from a pool of intelligent, intellectual individuals... so those subject-areas are not provided or engaged with on that level
Many graduates go into the Police, and to achieve a senior managerial rank they generally need a degree, often done while working.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
missing my point or something? the qualified ones i.e. "senior managerial" ones aren't on the street, ergo: no contact with them.

and the fact you rule out academic study of texts as 'valid' means that graduate-police are also fucking useless, by that logic...

are you arguing for the sake of being a contrarian or have you genuinely met many an erudite street-cop?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Reading texts as part of background research for another subject =/= Receiving formal degree level training and assessment in a subject.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique wrote:

no, not at all... i know it's not that bad. my point is that the legal principle here is 'innocent until proven guilty', but i was treated like a guilty scumbag and denied even the most basic liberties when i had done nothing wrong. seeing

Uzique wrote:

i had a mental breakdown whilst high and walked around my house with an 8 inch knife

2 armed response units, a sniffer dog unit and an ambulance were called
found about 4-months worth of empty drug wrappers including about 3g's of unused drugs
harassment, assault and class a drug possession
looking at up to 5 years
Define 'nothing wrong' in this context.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California

Adams_BJ wrote:

krazed wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

So she reported something that she thought should have been reported (And according to you it should have been when the police said they should have confiscated it)? She's hardly a bitch - in fact I hope the day someone is holding me up she just happens to be poking her sticky nose around my neighbourhood and calls the police. I know a lot of others wouldn't. Why don't you just put it down in the inconvenience list and let it go. It's not like they through you on the ground and put a round through your leg.
i support reporting people for anything you may think is wrong too

it's a stupid law and a stupid thing to report people over

OMG GUNS THAT GO CLICK CLICK CLICK AND SHOOT PLASTIC PELLETS OMG OMG OMG WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

gtfo pansies
I dunno about you but im not going to sit and watch to see if the guns go bang or click and walk over and ask if it is plastic pellets or bullets..
You don't see 15 year old's in full battle gear with weapons in your neighborhood running around like it's Iraq everyday. It's obviously fake for fucks sake. Also, if we don't pay any fucking attention to you then they're probably fake.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uzique wrote:

no, not at all... i know it's not that bad. my point is that the legal principle here is 'innocent until proven guilty', but i was treated like a guilty scumbag and denied even the most basic liberties when i had done nothing wrong. seeing

Uzique wrote:

i had a mental breakdown whilst high and walked around my house with an 8 inch knife

2 armed response units, a sniffer dog unit and an ambulance were called
found about 4-months worth of empty drug wrappers including about 3g's of unused drugs
harassment, assault and class a drug possession
looking at up to 5 years
Define 'nothing wrong' in this context.
that wasnt the 2 nights in a cell time, pal.

nice job doing all the sniffing out of old posts though... it's real cute when you want to get all ad hominem on me, which happens in almost every thread.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its not 'ad hominem', simply knocking down your argument that you did 'nothing wrong' and it was just evil pigs out to get you.

You were accused of serious offences, off your head on drugs and a potential danger to yourself and the public - 20 hours supervision is hardly a big deal.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-07-21 19:37:13)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
can you not read? nice of you to pass an opinion on an unrelated event though, that you know nothing about
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
How many times have you been arrested and locked up then?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard