Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6692|The Ville
I'm thinking about going threw stock trade to get some stock. I have 10,000usd to spend and try to invest for the future. I know some of you all might hate me for saying this but I'm thinking of getting some BP stock and sitting on it for a while since it could double its value for each share example today 28.75 next year 45.76 a share. The cap seems to be holding but I'm wondering if I should wait till December to buy it. Also I was going to buy Microsoft stock and maybe some more proctor gamble. I only have 200 shares in that since it just split a while ago.

BP      37.10      Arrow Down -4.68%-----------              100shares = 3,710
MSFT      24.89      Arrow Down -2.43%--------------- 100 shares = 2,489
PG      61.99      Arrow Down -1.18%--------------------   100 shares = 6,199

Total = 12,389

I'd be 2,389 short but I could knock down BP to 50 shares ect. and hope it splits soon. Would you all think this would be good investments ?
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6630

https://playnejanemusic.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/bfp-whtzoom2.jpg?w=196&h=300
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6363|California
thats a big gamble
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
you're asking a gaming forum full of teenagers to prospect investments for $10k USD?

lemme get you in touch with my father...

or maybe a reality check
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6692|The Ville
I know lol I'm not going to base it off of the forum post but I know there are some adults here that invest in Stock but I was going to get a few ideas research each stock year to gain/ loss value ect.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

BP are a great buy if you ask me. At least, in the long term. They could still drop if Obama decides to hit them with fines, or something cocks up again, but I reckon they're back on the up. I bought at 361 and they're now up to 407 (those are the London Stock Exchange figures, NASDAQ are different). Give them a year and they'll almost certainly be back up at 650, where they were before the oil leak hit.
SamTheMan
­
+341|5139|Stoke, England
ye great investment, im doing the same. go for it!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Invest in coke and baking soda.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5481|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Obiwan wrote:

I'm thinking about going threw stock trade to get some stock. I have 10,000usd to spend and try to invest for the future. I know some of you all might hate me for saying this but I'm thinking of getting some BP stock and sitting on it for a while since it could double its value for each share example today 28.75 next year 45.76 a share. The cap seems to be holding but I'm wondering if I should wait till December to buy it. Also I was going to buy Microsoft stock and maybe some more proctor gamble. I only have 200 shares in that since it just split a while ago.

BP      37.10      Arrow Down -4.68%-----------              100shares = 3,710
MSFT      24.89      Arrow Down -2.43%--------------- 100 shares = 2,489
PG      61.99      Arrow Down -1.18%--------------------   100 shares = 6,199

Total = 12,389

I'd be 2,389 short but I could knock down BP to 50 shares ect. and hope it splits soon. Would you all think this would be good investments ?
Intel Corp
Linear Technology Corp
Equity Residential
CSX Corp
Prudential Financial Inc
Newmont Mining Corp
El Paso Corp
Windstream Corp
AT&T Inc
Southern Company

1k in each.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
FYI, I won the stock competition in my business class.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
Invest in pneumatic transportation tubes. Way of the future.

https://www.geeks.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/tubes.jpg
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6692|The Ville

Poseidon wrote:

Invest in pneumatic transportation tubes. Way of the future.

http://www.geeks.co.uk/wp-content/uploa … /tubes.jpg
Traveling. cool, I could invest in Nasa since rich folks will be spending a lot of money for space flights
eleven bravo
+1,399|5257|foggy bottom
buy gold the end is near
Tu Stultus Es
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6714|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
I wouldn't invest in bp until the law suits and other fines are taken care of.  During that process or immediately afterwards wouldn't be too bad as that's when they would probably bottom out.  The other two are probably pretty safe for long term investment.  If you're looking to do all your trading within the next month or so, consider looking into a gold stock/fund that pays dividends.  Those stocks will give you some income which you can either reinvest or use for whatever.

Just keep in mind that the stock market is pretty volatile right now and it's possible that we could be hit with a double dip recession.  If nothing else make sure you're purchasing for a long term investment; don't speculate.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

TBH, I'd invest in property and your own business, if I were you.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6554|Kent, UK
Speak to your bank or an investment broker and put it in a managed fund.
If you put all the money in shares, you have the potential to win big, but you also have the potential to lose big.

If you invest in a diversified fund, you're not just investing in shares, it could also be equities, property, bonds and international markets. Also, a managed fund will be constantly buying and selling according to the market, you have a much greater chance of not losing.

Either that or bung that baby into a pension scheme. Or as someone said, use it to buy a property if you're not already a homeowner.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Buckles wrote:

Or as someone said, use it to buy a property if you're not already a homeowner.
Or use it to buy more property if you are already a homeowner.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
Donate to Obama s reelection fund
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

ATG wrote:

Donate to Obama s reelection fund
Yes, if you help him, he'll help YOU!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

Invest in a car.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6554|Kent, UK

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Buckles wrote:

Or as someone said, use it to buy a property if you're not already a homeowner.
Or use it to buy more property if you are already a homeowner.
10 grand won't get you much in the way of property investment. Sure, if you got the cash and time to buy a property outright, renovate it and sell it on, you might get somewhere. using 10k to deposit on a property that you'll have to get a mortgage on to buy, as well as (one assumes) paying an existing mortgage on your primary residence makes for a pretty shitty investment.

I would assume that the OP wants an investment vehicle that will quietly gain capital or provide an income, not a full time investment.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
AMD, Intel, EA and Activision.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Put the 10k into your superannuation (401k).

You're more likely to see a return.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
jay_courage
Alive in a sea of mediocre
+131|5957|Carnoustie
panasonic corp and apple is on the up, that and bae systems

Last edited by jay_courage (2010-07-19 04:45:24)

I Friggin Love The Nhs
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
bae are very tentative. sure they just realised that incredible prototype, on the other hand every year they seem to have employment issues/money issues which the government usually has to solve.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jay_courage
Alive in a sea of mediocre
+131|5957|Carnoustie

FatherTed wrote:

bae are very tentative. sure they just realised that incredible prototype, on the other hand every year they seem to have employment issues/money issues which the government usually has to solve.
good point, much more of a risk factor
I Friggin Love The Nhs

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard