raz
+22|6633|England, UK
Yep, you have to be REEEEAAAALLL good now to stay in the air, I like it. No more noobs can fly woo hehe.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803
All of you ground pounders.
How would you feel if there was a rocket/bullet that seeked your body/vehicle and killed in one or two hits and you had no way of getting away from it. Think of arty on steroids. Think of arty that can shoot through buildings(meaning no place to hide) think of arty being able to drop on your EXACT location and follow you around as you moved. THINK OF ARTY AS BEING ABLE TO BE FIRED EVERY 2 SECONDS!
Add all those things about arty and you have something that doesn't even equal the power of the new AA versus jets. Helos have a bit of a better chance because their flares load faster.
Scorpian65
+14|6708
For those who didn't catch it, that vid is single player. The single player always had killer AA that didn't miss.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6632|USA

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

yes, and it's absolutely TOO good. Air to air takes no skill now, ground to air takes no skill. It's point and click... no, wait, I'm sorry, don't have to point. just click blindly and chances are you'll kill something. BULLSHIT.
Dice has not balanced the game, but completely unbalanced it the opposite way. Though I am working on finding a way to get away from the missles, and I've almsot gotten it I think, it's still too good. But I am glad they weakend the missles(takes three[3] to take a jet) but it wasn't enough. Especialy on the Carrier... 2 essex guns, (6?) missles on each. You will NOT get anywhere near it alive.
This is very good. Allows to turn the tides when the carrier is being bombarded. Some K : D ratios gonna get hurt I bet.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

Scorpian65 wrote:

For those who didn't catch it, that vid is single player. The single player always had killer AA that didn't miss.
You think that single player is different from multiplayeR? think again, joker.
http://media.putfile.com/AAmissiles
No bloody way(not even in real life) will a missle hit at that angle. The missles seek so well, if you shake one, it goes past you and does a 180 and still hits you.
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6659
its a new game. thanks to the bitch ass whiners, its not bf2 anymore. and every one is talking about real life? fuck real life, i want fun, its a game, not some fucking simulator. now its just a boring mediocre game. whats the point of flying if all someone has to do is point and click and your down. and infantry, all it is is lets see who can go prone faster and shoot the other guy. fucking boring. if your gonna change what made the game in the first place, make a completely new game. im gonna hang on to patch 1.12 as long as i can. but eventually everyones gonna switch to 1.2 and there wont be any rooms running the good patch. i mean fuck dude if you dont like dolphin diving, then find a new fucking game, if you think the vehicles(planes and choppers) are unbalanced, then get better and learn the strengths and weaknesses of each one and own them. fucking noobs.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

yes, and it's absolutely TOO good. Air to air takes no skill now, ground to air takes no skill. It's point and click... no, wait, I'm sorry, don't have to point. just click blindly and chances are you'll kill something. BULLSHIT.
Dice has not balanced the game, but completely unbalanced it the opposite way. Though I am working on finding a way to get away from the missles, and I've almsot gotten it I think, it's still too good. But I am glad they weakend the missles(takes three[3] to take a jet) but it wasn't enough. Especialy on the Carrier... 2 essex guns, (6?) missles on each. You will NOT get anywhere near it alive.
This is very good. Allows to turn the tides when the carrier is being bombarded. Some K : D ratios gonna get hurt I bet.
What about the legit pilots who were in it for the dogfighting? or the pilots who liked to bomb those tanks that you poor infantrymen are pinned down by and call out over and over? Sorry, Dice nerfed your air support. your KDRs will go down aswell.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

How would you feel if there was a rocket/bullet that seeked your body/vehicle and killed in one or two hits and you had no way of getting away from it. Think of arty on steroids. Think of arty that can shoot through buildings(meaning no place to hide) think of arty being able to drop on your EXACT location and follow you around as you moved. THINK OF ARTY AS BEING ABLE TO BE FIRED EVERY 2 SECONDS!
Add all those things about arty and you have something that doesn't even equal the power of the new AA versus jets. Helos have a bit of a better chance because their flares load faster.
I would feel great, why you ask?  Because that would mean that I have spent months and months of unfair gameplay racking up huge amounts of points and medals.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6722

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Scorpian65 wrote:

No bloody way(not even in real life) will a missle hit at that angle. The missles seek so well, if you shake one, it goes past you and does a 180 and still hits you.
Yes I think that singleplayer is different. Ping really affects your movement. I havent install the patch yet, but when I get home...
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Scorpian65 wrote:

Yes I think that singleplayer is different. Ping really affects your movement. I havent install the patch yet, but when I get home...
I was talking about the way the missles work. the missles in multiplayer work jsut as well as in the singleplayer.
Tor77
Ron Jeremy Apprentice
+84|6622|Norway

usmarine2005 wrote:

.zerOKilled.[ITA] wrote:

it's exaggerated
air vehicle are useless now...
Ahahahahahahaha... get your boots on the ground bitches.
Hehe, couldn't have said it better myself
Mr.CobraKai
+3|6623
All I can say is.... it's about time.  You know the game is unbalanced in favor of airpower when EVERY ROUND the top three spots are made up of the best jet pilot, the best chopper pilot,  (both with outrageous K to D ratios), and the winning team's commander.  It will be nice to see some ground pounders get rewarded for the hard fought battles on the ground.

Last edited by Mr.CobraKai (2006-02-14 09:30:53)

Mookie007
+0|6617

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

We "ground pounders" used to have that, it was called  "Random Gimp in Chopper or F-15" all you hear is the whop whop whop or the roar of the jet as the gimp flew over your head dropping a ridiculous amounts of firepower on you. Boom-dead-thanks for comming out -drive safe.

we could fire AA at it, but it would just fly over its little heli pad/ runway and fix itsself right up.....not before it's pilot would type "lolerzzezorz nice try noobi" in the chat though, you'll find no sympathy from me I grew weary of hearing how much better everyone who invested 14.95 in a joystick was than me at the game. One thing I've noticed about online games is that the Devs have a way of weeding out the gimpish aspects of a game, yes, they usually just put in changes that lead to the rise of a different gimpish aspect but hey no ones perfect and eventually THAT gimpish aspect will give way to another flavor of the month and so on. I have been on the buisness end of enough nerfings to know that all you can do is adapt, or go away.  *shrug*
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6659
^^^typical noob talk who probably got owned by jets and helos but never took the time to try to use one to own them back.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

Mr.CobraKai wrote:

All I can say is.... it's about time.  You know the game is unbalanced in favor of airpower when EVERY ROUND the top three spots are made up of the best jet pilot, the best chopper pilot,  (both with outrageous K to D ratios), and the winning team's commander.  It will be nice to see some ground pounders get rewarded for the hard fought battles on the ground.
Nah, it'll just be the medic whores in first place now.
Esker
+1|6696
Aircraft got pwned.

Rofl.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

Mookie007 wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

We "ground pounders" used to have that, it was called  "Random Gimp in Chopper or F-15" all you hear is the whop whop whop or the roar of the jet as the gimp flew over your head dropping a ridiculous amounts of firepower on you. Boom-dead-thanks for comming out -drive safe.

we could fire AA at it, but it would just fly over its little heli pad/ runway and fix itsself right up.....not before it's pilot would type "lolerzzezorz nice try noobi" in the chat though, you'll find no sympathy from me I grew weary of hearing how much better everyone who invested 14.95 in a joystick was than me at the game. One thing I've noticed about online games is that the Devs have a way of weeding out the gimpish aspects of a game, yes, they usually just put in changes that lead to the rise of a different gimpish aspect but hey no ones perfect and eventually THAT gimpish aspect will give way to another flavor of the month and so on. I have been on the buisness end of enough nerfings to know that all you can do is adapt, or go away.  *shrug*
Oh, okay.
Because flying in 1.12(or other patches) was a cakewalk
Oneday,  Ijust decided "I'm gonna be a jet pilot and I'm gonna bomb tanks and such with precise accuracy everytime." Bullshit. Do you know how much time it takes to even get DECENT in a jet? now EVERY jet pilot has to start all over if not, hang up the pilots helmet. It's straight up bullshit. AA is way too overpowered now. They went too far.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Jets should not be in the game anyway.
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6659

usmarine2005 wrote:

Shouldnt be in the game? dude go get counter strike or americas army you fucking pussy. ppl like you ruined the game.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

usmarine2005 wrote:

Seriously, go fuck yourself. this is a WAR game. If you were a real marine(which I don't believe any of your lame stories for a second), you'd know that Jets are a part of war.
On top of that, Jets have been a huge part of the Battlefield series.
Erkut.hv
+124|6705|California
Notice it's only the plane/helo whores who are pissing and moaning? lol. I like how you guys are angry, but when we were bitching about AA being too weak you guys were so quick to say "stfu n00b, learn how to use AA".

Now it's my turn... STFU PLANE WHORE WHINERS! lolz

Maybe now you'll have to learn to really fly, no more bombing runs with no fear of being shot down.
Mookie007
+0|6617

-iLL*NaYmL3sS wrote:

^^^typical noob talk who probably got owned by jets and helos but never took the time to try to use one to own them back.
Tissue, Tampon, or both??

...and way to state the obvious, I said I never learned to fly in BF2, so accusing me of it is a bit redundant dont you think? Also, as I said I've been on the short end of nerfing before and you will have to excuse me if I could tell after about 36 seconds of playing BF2 that airpower was overpowered and would be getting the nerf stick soon enough....sorry for not jumping on the gimp boat and sailing off to gimpyworld with you and the rest of the gimps.

I am now done with you on this issue, enjoy the game, have a nice life, and most importantly WATCH OUT BEHIND YOU FOR THAT AA!!!!!!!!!.....silly gimp.
.nsm
+-1|6617|Hackland
Yep, AA is WAY overpowered now. I was looking forward to the new improvements, it would take out all the stupid noobie pilots (the ones who just rape the carrier for points) and I was ready for some great dogfights in the future. But oh well, I guess this was too good to be true.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6808|government yard in trenchtown.
QUIT. THE. FUCKING. WHINING.

If you find your oh-so-pleasurable jetwhoring really that hard, HOW ABOUT PLAYING WITH GROUND VEHICLES!
Or even as an infantry.. but that might be too much to ask from you whores.

- Mr. "8 different infantry weapons with 1000 kills"
airborne916
+24|6635
I AM A POLOT, but i do get on the ground A LOT.  I cant tell you how many time a base is being over runed and they said we need help, next this you know you see me coming in hot with after burners on in my F15 droping my load on two tanks an APC and some 1 or 2 gound squads. That is so fun to do and knowing you saved that out post, Now it is shit.

=[4th]=SlayThem has a point about the arty this is really bad because befor it took skill to catch a polot in stright line long enough to fire. It was rewarding it made you fell like you did something with skill. I would be in dog fight dor 7-10 minutes and no one make a mistake and you both are watein for each other to slip or to not shake when you should and when you catch that strigh line your like HELL YEAH and you fire 2-3 time and BOOM. I had time when i yelled HELL YEAH! Now it is just shit.

Im not saying the AA should not be there and fixed because i like a challange, but THIS IS JUST TO GOOD.

Last edited by airborne916 (2006-02-14 09:49:01)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard