RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51
Ordered it Hopefully it will arrived tomorrow
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

This review pretty much sums up this game: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/hawx-2/review/

Whilst I agree on SP being better in the original, MP is far superior in hawx2.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6157|Vancouver | Canada

Sisco wrote:

Trailer for the first looks way better. This one looked kinda cheap...
This.

Trailer is fucking terrible. It looks like it was made in the early 2000's.

However, the first game was decent fun, and you can't judge a game by a trailer, so I might check it out.
RDMC
+736|6566|Area 51
So I just finished the campaign in aprox. 6 hours. Very short and tbh less exciting than the HAWX 1 campaign.

EDIT: Hahahaha . So I am playing the first mission but now in arcade mode. So I am following Col. Denisov just after the first wave of fighters and bombers just to see him crash into a mountain

Last edited by RDMC (2010-09-15 05:10:40)

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5966|London, England

So I just watched the trailer, how do jets get that close to an AC 130 to shoot it down

that dont happen bro
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
RDMC
+736|6566|Area 51
Does anyone know why I only have two of these shitty planes to choose from online?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

RDMC wrote:

Does anyone know why I only have two of these shitty planes to choose from online?
Rewards system. Go to your profile and you can unlock more along the way. You get 2 unlock points per rank. Dont worry, you can unlock everything. After a weeks worth of online, Im rank 48...

Just play a lot of survival mode, get loads of kills, and work up to get some decent planes. Then, get them fully "ranked up" so you can make custom weapon load-outs and take it to team deathmatch. HSM, MMAM and 2x Gun Pods works fucking wonders.

Havent tried much Arcade...but I did go in the AC-130 where you can only use the 20mm cannon, and the night bombing mission and had to use the EA-6B with only rocket pods
RDMC
+736|6566|Area 51

Snake wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Rewards system. Go to your profile and you can unlock more along the way. You get 2 unlock points per rank. Dont worry, you can unlock everything. After a weeks worth of online, Im rank 48...

Just play a lot of survival mode, get loads of kills, and work up to get some decent planes. Then, get them fully "ranked up" so you can make custom weapon load-outs and take it to team deathmatch. HSM, MMAM and 2x Gun Pods works fucking wonders.

Havent tried much Arcade...but I did go in the AC-130 where you can only use the 20mm cannon, and the night bombing mission and had to use the EA-6B with only rocket pods
Ye so I found out how to unlock planes and stuff. Unlocked the entire 'damage' thing + some other random stuff. Online has been pisspoor for me so far, as in I can't find any one to play a full game with. So far played one game and that was 1v1 which is just plain boring.

Also played surival mode, did not like it all that much. Did get to wave 9 though, lasted 25 minutes, however after wave 5 it was just 'incoming missle' 'evaded' 'incoming missle' 'evaded' 'incoming missle' 'evaded' etc.

But I guess I havent played it enough yet

EDIT: Just play oil city. Whoever tested the game for the PS3 should be fired. Fucking. Epic. FPS lag.

Last edited by RDMC (2010-09-16 09:17:34)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
Was excited and semi-liked the first one. Had no anticipation for this one whatsoever.

How's the takeoffs/landings portion though? Arcade-y?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Poseidon wrote:

Was excited and semi-liked the first one. Had no anticipation for this one whatsoever.

Pretty much. Its nothing special, quite dumbed down really. Just slow down, wheels down...and land. You can use ERS to help. Oh, and ERS rarely exists now.

RDMC wrote:

EDIT: Just play oil city. Whoever tested the game for the PS3 should be fired. Fucking. Epic. FPS lag.
There were testers?

Despite the fact I find the online a lot of fun, the game still has the same bugs as the first on the Xbox.
RDMC
+736|6566|Area 51

Snake wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Pretty much. Its nothing special, quite dumbed down really. Just slow down, wheels down...and land. You can use ERS to help. Oh, and ERS rarely exists now.

RDMC wrote:

There were testers?

Despite the fact I find the online a lot of fun, the game still has the same bugs as the first on the Xbox.
I guess there weren't any. But so far I've come up with the following pros and cons:

Pro's:

- More varied missions. AC130 mission, UAV mission, support role missions + UCAV etc.
- Better unlock system
- More online and local gameplay options. Surival, Arcade etc.
- Can land during missions on airfields/airfields if available.
- Story is somewhat more..realistic I guess.
- Can create your own weapon payload.
- More support abilities and upgrades.
- Got rid of the silly All Aspect missles and added precision bombs/missles.
- AI got better.

Cons:

- Dogfights were much better in HAWX 1 IMO.
- You can play every mission in COOP both online and on LAN, however not locally! Seriously, wtf?
- Though more varied the mission seemed worse than in HAWX 1. Spoiler (highlight to read):
Like the mission in Norway in which they drive an aircraft carrier up a Fjord, get instant raped and realize that they are sittings duck. Well who would have thought that a carrier can't maneveur in a Fjord.
- FPS drops on the PS3 on certain missions.
- AI partners hardly help you out, atleast in my experience.

And there's probably lots of more pro's and cons but I can't think of more at the moment.

Last edited by RDMC (2010-09-18 05:29:39)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
Get this for Wii or PC?  My son has a Wii and I'd be able to play coop with him ... but PC would have better graphics.  Anyone have for Wii?
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5979|Blue Mountain State
I wouldn't get it at all. This game sucks. Bad
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
RDMC
+736|6566|Area 51

Stingray24 wrote:

Get this for Wii or PC?  My son has a Wii and I'd be able to play coop with him ... but PC would have better graphics.  Anyone have for Wii?
I don't have it for the Wii, nor the PC. However, these are the Wii graphics:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/tomc … index.html

And these are the PS3 graphics:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/tomc … =thumb%3B1

I couldn't quite find actual ingame screenshots for the PC but obviously the PC graphics would be on par if not better than those of the PS3.

Could only find these for the PC:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tomcl … Bgamespace But that doesnt really look like ingame to me..

So for graphics the Wii (Obviously) has got nothing over a PC. However, if you value Coop more over graphics than the Wii would be the logical choice. Though I just have to ask, are you sure that you can play Coop on the Wii? Because I can't on the PS3..

Last edited by RDMC (2010-12-23 04:29:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard