• Index » 
  • BF3S.com » 
  • News » 
  • Are multiple Chats threads necessary? And why the AU Chat was closed.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

Aw, so when you don't like my opinion I don't have the right to troll?

My opinion is you secretly love the au chat thread and thats why you spend so much time discussing it, posting in it, crying to the mods to close it - because you were jealous others would use your au chat.

Awwww. It is cute though.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5229|Cleveland, Ohio
lol point proven
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6166|Sydney | ♥

Dear OH,

BF2s, i believe, has various groups around the board. There isn't just one big group. It's separated. Originally the AU server first brought many of us AU peoples together, and created new friendships that exists between the individuals whom both played and administered the server.

Since then, the friendships have grown strong. I hardly go into EE Chats because i dont know most of them personally, however in AU chats, i know them all very well, and love to communicate with them with the AU chats.

The AU Chats therefore could be conceptualised as simply a medium for us AUers to talk to each other.

PLus i dont consider AU chats "spam", nor do i really consider EE Chats "spam". I consider it a conversation between groups. Much like an IRC.

Then people ask, why dont you use IRC? Well, sir, IRC requires you to be logged in to see all the previous posts. AU chats can sometimes be spoken with posts ranging in time intervals, therefore IRC does not fulfill the requirements of the AU Chats.

Considering AU Chats has got up to so many posts, it can be considered that it is straight down perfect. It fullfills a need for us AUers, and it has done for years.

This also makes me wonder. Why, after 5 years of BF2s, do you want to close it? Cause there are no servers anymore? SInce when did ANY of the chats resolve around server issues?? -- they hardly ever did.

If AU Chats dies, part of my childhood will too.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
11 Bravo
Banned
it is spam and it will slow down the site yet again.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6641|Washington DC

tazz. wrote:

This also makes me wonder. Why, after 5 years of BF2s, do you want to close it?
See the first post in this thread.  It was causing technical difficulties with the forums ...
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6166|Sydney | ♥

Thus why i said in AUC2, that we could create a new thread each 10k...

I dont see why the admins are so tight arse these days over a site that is on it's last legs anyway.

I think everyone needs to chill out :S

The site got slow, we fixed it with AUC2... what is the deal.

Is this site not meant to be based on a community? Is it really meant to be full serious?

Christ, i can't even reveal my opinions without being banned tbf.

Shit makes me saddened.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

OrangeHound wrote:

tazz. wrote:

This also makes me wonder. Why, after 5 years of BF2s, do you want to close it?
See the first post in this thread.  It was causing technical difficulties with the forums ...
Well the 2nd thread is hardly likely to do that.

It would take years to reach the 40k mark where problems arose.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6641|Washington DC

tazz. wrote:

what is the deal.

Is this site not meant to be based on a community? Is it really meant to be full serious?
It isn't a big deal Tazz.  It is just a question being posed.  Simply, "If AU can have a chats thread ... why can't ___________ have a chats thread?"

Maybe we should just have a "chats" forum where any old special interest can host their own chatz.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6166|Sydney | ♥

they do have chats threads no? US/EU chats??
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

OrangeHound wrote:

tazz. wrote:

what is the deal.

It isn't a big deal Tazz.  It is just a question being posed.  Simply, "If AU can have a chats thread ... why can't ___________ have a chats thread?"

Maybe we should just have a "chats" forum where any old special interest can host their own chatz.
there would be so many useless competitive bumps
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6713|Sydney, Australia

OrangeHound wrote:

Those special interest groups usually exist on a Friday or Saturday night
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6489

let's do a "Real World ©hats" thread.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5170|Sydney
What about RWF about pace51?

I'm all for other peoples having their chat groups, but they'd have to encompass enough members to make it worthwhile. Obviously AU chats is one that's viable, due to a number of us Aussie wanting it open and past history reflects this. If others want their groups to continue their discussions in a more specific manner surely it wouldn't take up that much forum space. If the post count is an issue just cap it at x number of posts and creat a new one, much like EE chats.

The reason why I don't think the idea of everyone just using EE chats is there are a number of discussions that have no relevance to myself, and when there are I can come back 5 hours later and there's an extra 15-20 pages. Obviously it's time consuming to go through these pages so I don't bother. This problem doesn't occur in more specific chat threads, and the content is a lot more relevant.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

We all need to put aside our differences and come together as a single, strong community.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

Oh, and I'd also like to mention that the Aussies have gotten special treatment for far too long. So much that they've developed a sense of entitlement.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6226|S.A. Australia
Yeah ok then.
Serious Flex
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6397|NSW, Australia

mtb0minime wrote:

We all need to put aside our differences and come together as a single, strong community.
One dream, One World, living together in perfect harmony. is that what your going for?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
some other forums i go on start getting funky when you get over 1k pages in a solo thread. so everytime it starts making bf2s clearly slow down, lop it off and create another. hide the old thread in archives or something, and link it in the op of the new thread

problem solved?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6397|NSW, Australia

FatherTed wrote:

some other forums i go on start getting funky when you get over 1k pages in a solo thread. so everytime it starts making bf2s clearly slow down, lop it off and create another. hide the old thread in archives or something, and link it in the op of the new thread

problem solved?
nah, thats the easy/sensible thing to do
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6166|Sydney | ♥

Waaay to logical.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

Yeah and it's only been suggested by most of us.
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
Close the chat thread and ban the penal filth for life, and what's more av em shipped to a new, smaller island prison, like Jersey or summink
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
i think mega-chats in general sort of... annihilate... the forum discourse

by that, i mean every possible topic of discussion can 'loosely' fall into a chats discussion, rather than a stand-alone topic.

so rather than having a series of topics on a range of (minor) topics, going into several pages of discussion, those minor topics get covered in 4-5 posts in a 'big chat' thread and then disappear beneath the other topics and discussions that other members introduce/engage in concurrently. having one chat-thread for all the trite, conversational, 'spam' content is good... but having a series of them just destroys the forum's diversity.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
11 Bravo
Banned

mtb0minime wrote:

Oh, and I'd also like to mention that the Aussies have gotten special treatment for far too long. So much that they've developed a sense of entitlement.
yup...and zeek is correct also.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6619|UK
https://i48.tinypic.com/205yxox.png
  • Index » 
  • BF3S.com » 
  • News » 
  • Are multiple Chats threads necessary? And why the AU Chat was closed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard