Bertie
+2|6643

genius_man16 wrote:

EA's stat site doesn't update until you view your page, so if you don't go there for a long time the stats will look really wonky.

And their stat site says you need 1000 kills with the pistols to get platinum, so it's kinda messed up anyway.
After getting 25 kills (silver) with pistols the bronze star has shown up on the stats page, while the T88 remains nominally still unlocked. Still no DWK insignia.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6472|Somewhere else

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I joined a random server that let you use SPECACT weapons and got bronze stars for some of them. People say getting bronze with all of them on one of these servers using the leaked files WILL get you the insignia.
It's this.

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/STSGiggo

note the insignias and specact kills

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s … ?t=1341362

WARNING:  I dont know what EA/DICE would think if you found a server with unreleased content, and you receive awards from it.  Not worth it imo.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2010-07-26 01:01:25)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262
You don't get the specact specific awards, just bronze stars.

Dice did say in a random post that they don't particularly want people on the leaked servers but hey they're all on the server list so plenty of people must go on them without knowing anyway.
GullyFoyle
+25|5379
Aren't the R17 server files released last week supposed to prevent "unnofficial" servers from showing up in the server browser?  Has anyone been to one in the last few days?
IC_Draconis
+9|6710

Bertie wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

That's what EA told me a week or two ago. Obviously it's not a priority.
Fair enough. I just find it tiresome that they've been saying essentially that since the early patches.

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

People say getting bronze with all of them on one of these servers using the leaked files WILL get you the insignia.
Must be true, if some people said so!

On an equally speculatory point: I find that if I go check the official EA BC2 site and look at weapons (http://www.badcompany2.ea.com/weapons-gadgets) it notes I don't have the Type 88; and that I need 2190 recon score to unlock it. Of course, in game I have it unlocked and silver-starred and 3rd-party stats sites reflect this. Perhaps the award thinks I don't have it. Of course, it could equally be a bug in how the weapons display on the official site. It's all speculation, until someone demonstrates otherwise!

Interestingly, I've just noticed it also says I don't have some pistol bronze stars. I'm sure I have those in-game but perhaps the requirements were bumped up to 25 kills as with other weapons when I wasn't looking.
I have the exact same problem.

The T-88 sniper rifle seems to be unlocked while I have 9 gold star with the GOL...

I asked about this problem on EA's online support chat and while they solved my veterancy problem, they couldn't solve this issue.
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6373|Oslo, Norway
I think they're gonna put those specact weapons in the next patch or when they're launching BC2 Vietnam.

Just like Genius_man said, it's typical that they make us pay for something that should be ready when they launch the game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard