Total: 107
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6078|Birmingham, UK
Never.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
What about pregnant women who are non-smokers but are around people smoking a lot - does that affect the child?

In Switzerland, men and women say hello with a kiss to each cheeck then to the first again, so a total of three kisses. I like the system but when somebody hasn't showered in 2 days or if they're a chain smoker it's not very pleasant.

I don't mind people who smoke. In Switzerland you cannot smoke in indoor public places anymore. Private businesses can chose their own rule though. I like being able to walk into a shopping mall and not immediatelyvsmell the stench of a day's worth of smokers going in and out.

I tried one cigarette, put it down and I still don't understand why people even try a second.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
I've come to like the smells of cigarette smoke. Not stale smoke laden clothing, but the freshly burned waft that comes from a smoker's nose.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

-Sh1fty- wrote:

What about pregnant women who are non-smokers but are around people smoking a lot - does that affect the child?
Yes, second hand smoke is the reason for the smoking bans.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Non-smoker here, as should be obvious from the last thread. To clear things up, I'm against smoking indoors at public places, but even more against government regulation against the habit. It should be up to private businesses to decide whether or not people can smoke in their establishments. To be frank, it doesn't even really affect me since I'm not a big time bar guy, gambler or restaurant goer.
tbh smoking whilst eating is... counter-intuitive isn't it? I would rather taste my food, then have a smoke outside after lol.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
13rin
+977|6450
Used to smoke like a chimney.  2 packs a night when drinking sometimes.  Smoked for about 7 years.  Can't remember why i quit.  Also dipped.  I currently smoke pipes and good cigars every blue moon or so.  I have a gorgeous dunhill pipe in my rotation along with a Stanwell.  Blue Note tobacco for my aromic tastes and a mild danhoff blend for regular smokes. 

Cigars?  Onyx &  Aerto Fuentes (spelng eror) hemmingway short stories.  Yummy.  Kinda makes my mouth water for some blue label.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6711
Quit 9 years ago as a valentines day present for my lass, tried to stop before that but never for myself always for others.

That time 9 years ago it was for me and I managed it, really hard it was too.

Only advice I can give is that it has to be you wanting to quit, not others telling you to do so.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
Smoked for 10 years, quit September 2008 after smoking a pack at a a party in 4 hours and getting the flu the next day. Stopped smoking for a week and then decided to see how long I could go for without a smoke from there. Almost two years later and haven't had one since. Been offered numerous times and had a few people test my resolve but once I make up my mind...
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Used to smoke like a chimney.  2 packs a night when drinking sometimes.  Smoked for about 7 years.  Can't remember why i quit.  Also dipped.  I currently smoke pipes and good cigars every blue moon or so.  I have a gorgeous dunhill pipe in my rotation along with a Stanwell.  Blue Note tobacco for my aromic tastes and a mild danhoff blend for regular smokes. 

Cigars?  Onyx &  Aerto Fuentes (spelng eror) hemmingway short stories.  Yummy.  Kinda makes my mouth water for some blue label.
Arturo Fuente. I love a good cigar. Out of everything I've tried I like the taste of Cohiba's the best. I smoke a few times a year though, so I'm hardly a smoker.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

steelie34 wrote:

We're derailing John's thread, but I consider this a topic worthy of discussion.  What are your thoughts concerning one of the most heavily taxed and discriminated against groups in society today?

I used to smoke, but I quit, and certainly don't miss it...
I don't view smokers as discriminated against. I do agree they are taxed to death.

If you call smokers descriminated against, what do you call non-smokers who are forced to smell, breath and wear the cigarette smoke against their will?

Anyway if you decide it discrimination, given smoking is not natural and is unarguably affects the health of those exposed to it, if someone has has got to be discriminated against it should be those that are forcing their bad habits on everynne else.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Like Adolf Hitler I don't believe smoking should be permitted.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX
Never smoked, don't see the point, happy to help smokers quit by squirting them with water pistols.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
I only smoke when I'm drunk
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6446|Foothills of S. Carolina

Smoked from the time I was 18 to the just before I was 33. Went from a pack a week to 2 packs a day on bad or long days. Been clean for over two years, glad I did it too. Unfortunately for me, if I am around the smoke smell to long now I get a severe head ache from it. Other smells seem to have the same reaction now too, so I dunno if smoking all that time screwed my sinuses up or what.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

I only smoke when I'm drunk
I'm only drunk when I'm stessed
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command
I'm only stressed when I am out of reefer, so do da do da?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Cybargs wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Non-smoker here, as should be obvious from the last thread. To clear things up, I'm against smoking indoors at public places, but even more against government regulation against the habit. It should be up to private businesses to decide whether or not people can smoke in their establishments. To be frank, it doesn't even really affect me since I'm not a big time bar guy, gambler or restaurant goer.
tbh smoking whilst eating is... counter-intuitive isn't it? I would rather taste my food, then have a smoke outside after lol.
Didn't seem to deter chain smokers. I know all I had to do was be around one while eating and I couldn't taste my food, so I guess they were just used to it. Can't tell you how many times I felt like reenacting that one scene out of Big Trouble.
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I've never been a smoker.  It's just so disgusting.  And it's not even the smell of cigarettes being smoked.  It's the smoker smell.  Do smoker's realize just how awful they and their stuff smells?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD

Catbox wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

In Virginia it's not banned. There are a bunch of Korean BBQ places where it's like a throwback to the 50s in terms of smoking at a restaurant.

Koreans smoke like chimneys for some reason.
Smoking is banned in Va in bars and restaurants... If you want to have smoking in a bar in Va, you need a separate entrance and separate ventilation system. I have bartended and bounced for years and i think that bar customers should be able to smoke. I don't smoke but i think
a pack sells for 4.80 a pack or so.

http://www.vdh.state.va.us/breatheeasy/tenThings.htm
"There are some narrowly defined exceptions to the law which include private clubs; restaurants with designated rooms that are both structurally separate from non-smoking dining rooms and separately vented; mobile outdoor food carts; and outdoor areas of restaurants that are not enclosed.

If a restaurant has a smoking room, it must have at least one public entrance into the non-smoking area. "

and a 25 dollar fine lol
"The civil penalty for breaking the smoking law is up to a $25 fine. "
well I guess the Korean Mafia keeps the inspectors mum about it since, like I said, there are some Korean BBQ places in Annandale that are filled with more smoke than a structure fire.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
Korean mob, lolwut?

What do they do, bookie illegal StarCraft matches?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Korean mob, lolwut?

What do they do, bookie illegal StarCraft matches?
pretty much, that and rice out their Hondas and Daewoos and Kias
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5903|CA
I smoke a pole or two a day, just to take the edge off.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6568|Seattle

GravyDan wrote:

I smoke a pole or two a day, just to take the edge off.
Interesting.

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
BVC
+325|6666
No.

Makes me feel sick, and it smells disgusting.
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
The smell of sweat and beer breath is far worse than smoke, infact I don't even mind smoke.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard