Reciprocity
+721|6579|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Wolfenstein 3d was my first.

Descent was one of my favorites.  Exceptional soundtrack.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone
Descent.

The first true 3D fps.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2010-06-23 23:53:38)

mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6235|Uk
my first was fifa 95
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6693|The Ville
No clue but first Pc game was counterstrike when it was still in the beta stages
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6284|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Obiwan wrote:

No clue but first Pc game was counterstrike when it was still in the beta stages
I miss the scoped M4 (CS 1.3?) :<

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-06-24 16:30:00)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Reciprocity wrote:

Wolfenstein 3d was my first.

Descent was one of my favorites.  Exceptional soundtrack.
'Self destruct in T-...'

I was such an asshole to my buddy in that game, blocking him from the exit.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5482|Bolingbrook, Illinois

mtb0minime wrote:

aimless wrote:

Chex Quest, modded doom engine, came in a box of cereal. After that was quake 3, then halo pc, vcod, bf2, then back to vcod and q3.
Holy shit! Another epic nostalgia moment! I remember that Chex game. So fucking awesome!!!!!!!!
omgomg, that game was awesome.  i was too scared to play it though 
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Never even heard of Chex Quest. Watching on youtube now.

lol, scraping slime off his feet.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

I remember one of my neighbors was super religious. He loved coming over and playing Wolf 3-d, but we could never play at his house. Then Chex Quest came in a box of cereal once and it was finally a game that his parents would let him play at home
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

mtb0minime wrote:

I remember one of my neighbors was super religious. He loved coming over and playing Wolf 3-d, but we could never play at his house. Then Chex Quest came in a box of cereal once and it was finally a game that his parents would let him play at home
Yeah, because killing mechanazis and zombie abominations is below the level a proper Christian should act. We had Jehovah's Witnesses neighbors who wouldn't even let their kid watch Wizard of Oz.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5748|شمال
Wolfenstein 3D
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

Beduin wrote:

Wolfenstein 3D
how did it make you feel?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

I had a friend whose parents wouldn't let him play Magic The Gathering because of the freakin pictures on the cards. A card game with the word 'magic' in it would somehow conjure the depicted beings into life.

Besides, nothing wrong with playing Wolfenstein 3-d all throughout elementary school. I turned out just fine YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! *twitches*
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5748|شمال

jsnipy wrote:

Beduin wrote:

Wolfenstein 3D
how did it make you feel?
I don't know.. Like a noob I guess
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Was 'noob' even a word when Wolf3d came out?
Reciprocity
I got to thinking, the first "first person" perspective game I ever played was The Scarab of Ra

yes, I'm old.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5752|Roma
007 but Americas Army got me into multiplayer.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Reciprocity wrote:

I got to thinking, the first "first person" perspective game I ever played was The Scarab of Ra

yes, I'm old.
Wasn't really a shooter though.

The pyramid also contains traps, which can harm the player in various ways, and animals, including cobras, lionesses, monkeys, and a mummy, which appears only to players who carry the Scarab of Ra. Only the mummy can be destroyed; the game's author notes that violence is distasteful, but "the mummy was dead anyway."
Bah.
Kez
+778|5701|London, UK
first fps ever for me that made an impact was bf2, probably because it was the first online game i played as well. i played goldeneye too for n64, but i wasnt really into it; it was all ps1 platform games like the Crash Bandicoot series and Spyro the Dragon that i played, i cant actually remember playing an fps properly until bf2
Reciprocity

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

yes, I'm old.
Didn't say it was specifically a shooter, but it was first person.  Up arrow sent you forward, down arrow sent you back. you could even turn left and right.
FloppY_
­

Reciprocity wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

yes, I'm old.
Didn't say it was specifically a shooter, but it was first person.  Up arrow sent you forward, down arrow sent you back. you could even turn left and right.
FPS = First Person Shooter

Reciprocity

FloppY_ wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

it's on page 4, I can post whatever I want.  Find me another first person perspective game from 1987.
FloppY_
­

Reciprocity wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

it's on page 4, I can post whatever I want.  Find me another first person perspective game from 1987.
"What was the first FPS you ever played/did it impact you?"
Reciprocity

FloppY_ wrote:

"What was the first FPS you ever played/did it impact you?"
I already answered that.  It didn't keep me amused for very long.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

You don't have to get defensive, Recip. I didn't say it was a bad game, it just wasn't a FPS. If you want to go back farther, try Battlezone ('80), which comes closer than your turn-based game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard