SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6673|Hong Kong
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6773|Mark it zero.
its so fucking annoying when everyone call all assault players noobs. just because someone plays that class, they arent a noob. just shut the fuck up already. i agree with this post. the blast radius should stay the same. the fact that there is an arming distance will take out all the problems with it before. the GL is the only reason to play assault class. so you can have something that can shoot a grenade a long distance, and have it blow on impact. if the grenade launcher is going to be very weak, then it would be better to just be a medic. they have the same rifles, plus a better one.
MrBrain
+24|6715|Finland

oberst_enzian wrote:

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

I dont beleave that hes not a noob tuber, or why would he complain about the GL in the first place, and yes i did read his post.
ok fair enough, you read it - but you don't seriously believe that he's a n00bt00ber because he has a comment about the GL? is everyone that is effective with the GL a n00bt00ber in your opinion? That's ridiculous!

this is the point: he's not saying he wants one shot kills with it, which is the sign of a noobtoober, he wants its radius left as it is, as it's a grenade, and its radius is one of the things that make it a viable tactical option. If he were a noobtoober, he'd be arguing against the arming time, but for the radius change, as this would in fact make it easier to n00bt00b and stay alive (i.e. n00bt00bing as i understand it is using the GL like a shotgun - one shot kill at point blank range - and the only thing preventing more people from doing it is the amount of time you kill yourself if you try it, because of the radius it currently has). So in effect, if he wanted it to be n00bt00b-friendly, he'd be saying the opposite of what he actually said.
Agree, it's a GRENADE, I think the blast radius is ridicolus (spelling?), You almost have to hit the enemy in the head with the damn thing. The detonator time is a good thing though, as said it'll remove(?) the point blank kills.

But what if you hit somebody in the head with the undetonade GL grenade, then they'll die right? Atleast it's possible to throw a regular grenade at someone and the die from the grenade itself, not the blast

(I once killed a sqaud member this way when he spawned right in front of me when I threw a grenade)
xXMMMSXx
+24|6682

the guy above me wrote:

(I once killed a sqaud member this way when he spawned right in front of me when I threw a grenade)
In my experience they must be on pretty low health to be killed via bouncing the grenade off their head. If he'd just spawned he'd have been at full health right?

Then I find that hard to believe although a friend of mine has a kill with a smoke grenade cannister.
silentsin
+3|6722

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

aww you cant hop around with your gay ass grenade launcher getting 1 hit kils anymore i feel so bad.....not
wow ronin, your an idiot. and nice slut on your sig, hope you enjoyed getting hiv from her.
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6748
I didnt like the tube before as i always went spec ops or Medic..howver im going for me expert assulat and it was great this mornign tubing from a safe distance...at one stage i got 3 mec with one shot...wootage
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6804|Great Brown North

monkeyboy wrote:

Theres no evidence the grenades are going to bounce either. Modern real life grenade launchers have a saftey mechanism like this, but it doesn't create bouncing grenades. The grenades have a device inside them that means they need to be in motion for a set amount of time before the impact detonator is activated..... so if they hit something before the detonator is activated, they just bounce off and never detonate.
the grenades bounce off the ground/walls  if they're not armed, and then blow up the next time they hit something if they arm. yes there is evidence, gameplay footage from the new patch
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6817

-cowboy- wrote:

Totally agree with monkeyboy. Assault is in danger of getting seriously screwed. Come on, Assault is meant to be the best/most versatile killing machine of all infantry.

Minimum arming distance is a good solution to those noobs who use the GL for less then 1meter, probably blowing themself also up. But reduced splash of the grenades is too much nerfing. Splash currently is already *very* small.
So reducing the splash damage won't actually make much difference then?
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6672

Kamikaze17 wrote:

its so fucking annoying when everyone call all assault players noobs. just because someone plays that class, they arent a noob.
gotta agree with this... just because some people like the assault class and it's by accident the most picked class by new players, it doesnt automatically mean that all the guys playing it for a long time are noobs as well...

concerning the GL... well I dont really care much about the changes because I'm pretty accurate with it and I also think that the removing of the point blank shot possibility will ease the situation quite a lot. I'm just sick of people complaining, if they get hit by a grenade over a long distance and start screaming that you are a noob for using the GL. The GL does involve skill, if you want to use it right and over a long distance and now that they reduced the blast radius it requires even more skill and aiming but it wont make people stop calling it's user noobtoobers (or whatever bs* name comes to their mind)...
Imo the assault class is still very powerful if used in the right way
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6744|California

...except for the fact the G3 can outsnipe a G36 now

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard