CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6129|Carnoustie MASSIF
There's an official Android thread, so here's another thread for the people that choose to stick to fingers to Apple in the phone choice.
flamesuit

I've got a Blackberry Curve (8520). Got it last week, and I love it! It's brilliant. Completely different to a conventional phone, but I like that.

The qwerty keyboard is brilliant, makes texting much, much easier.

Camera isn't too bad for a phone, 2mp, little bit of noise but nothing serious.

Once I fully explore all it's brilliant functions, I'll write a bit more.

So anyway, post what you have!

Edit: here's my pin in case any of you want to add me: 222a9635

Last edited by CammRobb (2010-06-07 17:01:01)

SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6659|The darkside of Denver
I had a blackberry curve as a company phone.  I also do lightweight BES stuff  (Blackberry Enterprise Server)... They aight I suppose.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

BlackBerry Bold 9700. I'm loving it, especially after coming from a 5-year stint with a Motorola Razr.

I haven't explored much of the apps or even cracking it. Basically just changed my wall paper, played with some minor settings, and put music on it.

The facebook app is alright, but I still prefer browsing to the mobile version of the site. Pandora is pretty slick, but I rarely listen to it anymore, and I can see it draining the battery pretty fast. Google maps has come in handy a few times as well.

Also, I really love the keyboard. I need solid buttons to push as opposed to touch screens.

Say Camm, now that you've got a mobile phone that can browse the web, how about that mobile version of bf2s?

Last edited by mtb0minime (2010-06-07 16:53:17)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

I love the BB I have for work.  I like the ability to view excel files and the keyboard.  The camera blows though - much prefer the android/iphone camera as far as cell phone cams go
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6566|NYC / Hamburg

A couple of my friends have BBs. They love theirs. Always with the asking for PINs.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

I always thought the "display your funky little bar code while the other phone takes a picture of it" as a way to add contacts was pretty and
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6631

I love my BB! (Curve 8900)
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

I got a BB Curve 8900 in April 09. The first one came defective out of the box and would reset itself whenever it wanted. RIM replaced it free of charge and sent me another one.

The second ones trackball decided to stop working about a month into it, RIM replaced it free of charge. The third is still going strong and I love it.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD
I've got a Blackberry Tour 9630. About the only thing good about it is the build quality and the keyboard. I'd rather be using webOS or Android or iPhone OS.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6521
have the tour as well. fuckin love it. only 70/month for unlimited everything too (sprint). fuck at&t and verizon...too expensive
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

I want my blackberry back. Ran over it with a truck, and now I'm stuck with a samsung flip-phone with a confusing, illogical menu system.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

Curve 8520 over here. Love it, great phones. I don't need shitloads of apps and games and other wankery, so it works fine. Also I *need* a physical keyboard, touchscreen is not for me.
CammRobb
Banned

ghettoperson wrote:

Curve 8520 over here. Love it, great phones. I don't need shitloads of apps and games and other wankery, so it works fine. Also I *need* a physical keyboard, touchscreen is not for me.
Touchscreen on my ipod works well, althought after use a full qwerty keyboard, it's much, much better.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
blackberry are based in the town where i live at uni-time. their HQ is a nifty ass place.

ive used the phones though and don't find them all that attractive.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
The CEO of my last company came very close to chartering a jet to deliver his forgotten Blackberry charger to him on holiday.

I shit you not.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
jeez who did you work for, suckers'r'us?

you know, that sounds dangerously like the fanatical actions of an apple consumer... you may want to watch your brand partisanship
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6738|Toronto | Canada

Uzique wrote:

blackberry are based in the town where i live at uni-time. their HQ is a nifty ass place.

Umm, pretty sure you dont live in Waterloo, Canada...
CammRobb
Banned

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Uzique wrote:

You're right, you know
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

CammRobb wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Uzique wrote:

You're right, you know
Well, duh.  I've been to their headquarters and Waterloo University, where they draw tons of employees from.
CammRobb
Banned
Anyway, back on topic. More blackberrys please.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
err im obviously talking about RIM-Europe.

of which they have a large corporate building and presence in egham.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Uzique wrote:

dont see anywhere where you make that obvious, but since you have to be right, sure.

blackberry is based in waterloo.
CammRobb
Banned

Uzique wrote:

Research In Motion UK Limited

200 Bath Road
Slough
Berkshire
SL1 3XE

Hmmm...
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD
europe isn't even a real country
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469

CammRobb wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Research In Motion UK Limited

200 Bath Road
Slough
Berkshire
SL1 3XE

Hmmm...
http://www.rim.com/company/maps/egham_d.shtml

n1 hurricane, u r funniez

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard