RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6685|US
I'm surprised no one posted this already.

https://www.kansasheritage.org/abilene/graphics/ikesmessage.jpg

A toast to all those who served...fought, bled, and died, so that we can enjoy a world not dominated by the likes of the Nazi party.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
How many years has it been?

God bless all the men and women who served.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon

-Sh1fty- wrote:

How many years has it been?
simple math a little much for ya?

66 years.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
https://thedailyfunnies.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/06-06-10-peanuts.jpg?w=450&h=274
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia
"The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats".

https://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/face_palm.jpg
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686
Thanks to all of them for their service and sacrifice.

Last edited by Catbox (2010-06-07 23:04:23)

Love is the answer
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6685|US

Shahter wrote:

Quite appropriate.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaratio … ed_Nations
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK

Catbox wrote:

Thanks to all of them for their service and sacrifice.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5143|Markham, Ontario

RAIMIUS wrote:

I'm surprised no one posted this already.

http://www.kansasheritage.org/abilene/g … essage.jpg

A toast to all those who served...fought, bled, and died, so that we can enjoy a world not dominated by the likes of the Nazi party.
I'm thankful for the veterans. Also thankful that english speakers can understand what I'm saying. However, I'm also thankful for axis veterans. There, I said it. Not thankful for nazi's, just honest patriots. (Wehrmacht and SS non-nazi's)
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

RAIMIUS wrote:

Shahter wrote:

soviet army had "inflicted" those "great defeats". by the time the free and the brave arrived the victory over nazi germany had already been assured. your troops really came there to stop soviets from overrunning the whole bloody europe and to claim a portion of the war spoils.
but you can of course keep patting yourself on the back if it makes you feel comfortable.

pace51 wrote:

I'm thankful for the veterans. Also thankful that english speakers can understand what I'm saying. However, I'm also thankful for axis veterans. There, I said it. Not thankful for nazi's, just honest patriots. (Wehrmacht and SS non-nazi's)
would some mod please remove this piece of shit from here.

Last edited by Shahter (2010-06-09 13:16:55)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
he kinda has a point but it's... controversial. it's neither right nor wrong to commemorate the german victims.

it's also questionable how far we should remember the soviet troops. after all, they raped and slaughtered, too. it was essentially just changing the keys to the gates of the concentration camps from the SS guards to the Red army. ain't that right, shahter?

respects to 'all'.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

I understand it's an important part of history and all but do we really have to do this every year?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Shahter wrote:

pace51 wrote:

would some mod please remove this piece of shit from here.
fuck you, we had to deal with it until he cast his eye on the only forum left unspoiled.

now the d&st regulars can deal with it - you'll see he enjoys free reign too.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6630|The darkside of Denver
I respect the soldiers of the Wehrmacht and the Waffen SS as well.  They fought hard to save the world from evil communism.  If they had won, then there would have never been a Vietnam, that would have prevented 211,454 American casualties.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
no, there just would have been a world fascist dictatorship in which all undesirables, minorities and inferiors were exterminated.

but praise jesus and god bless america, heavens no! should 220,000 americans die

in a war that their government entered with self-motivated, illegal agendas, no less

maybe we really should be praising the efforts of the SS Soldiers, because if they had won, then capitalism and its' perverted interests wouldnt had led to the deaths of 2 million cambodians, vietnamese and other asians due to bombing and the consequential famine-disaster perpetrated by nixon and his cronies wanting to preserve their dollar-interests.

HEIL HITLER

Last edited by Uzique (2010-06-09 13:58:44)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6443|Kakanien

SonderKommando wrote:

I respect the soldiers of the Wehrmacht and the Waffen SS as well.  They fought hard to save the world from evil communism.  If they had won, then there would have never been a Vietnam, that would have prevented 211,454 American casualties.
popcorn time
SonderKommando

Uzique wrote:

no, there just would have been a world fascist dictatorship in which all undesirables, minorities and inferiors were exterminated.

but praise jesus and god bless america, heavens no! should 220,000 americans die

in a war that their government entered with self-motivated, illegal agendas, no less

maybe we really should be praising the efforts of the SS Soldiers, because if they had won, then capitalism and its' perverted interests wouldnt had led to the deaths of 2 million cambodians, vietnamese and other asians due to bombing and the consequential famine-disaster perpetrated by nixon and his cronies wanting to preserve their dollar-interests.

HEIL HITLER
Thats the spirit Uzi!  Ein volk! Ein Reich! Ein Deutschland!
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6443|Kakanien

SonderKommando wrote:

Uzique wrote:

HEIL HITLER
Thats the spirit Uzi!  Ein volk! Ein Reich! Ein Deutschland Führer!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
well you know... just sayin'

if anything your post pointed out the inherent hypocrisies and flaws in the yankie-centric conception of history and 'tribute'

cause the victors of WW2 aren't and haven't been a bunch of saints themselves since...

perhaps on a human level, considering each man for his individual merit, all soldiers from WW2 deserve commemoration

but ideologically and nationally... nah, fuck that. all just as bastardly as one another. fuck em.
SonderKommando

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Uzique wrote:

HEIL HITLER
Thats the spirit Uzi!  Ein volk! Ein Reich! Ein Deutschland Führer!
i knew something was wrong about that, lol. Thanks!

Uzi wrote:

well you know... just sayin'

if anything your post pointed out the inherent hypocrisies and flaws in the yankie-centric conception of history and 'tribute'

cause the victors of WW2 aren't and haven't been a bunch of saints themselves since...

perhaps on a human level, considering each man for his individual merit, all soldiers from WW2 deserve commemoration

but ideologically and nationally... nah, fuck that. all just as bastardly as one another. fuck em.
Thats actually VERY insightful.  +1 Uzi I agree fully.

I was kidding with the whole avoiding vietnam thing, but i def agree taht all veterans regardless of service or affiliation deserve commemoration.

Last edited by SonderKommando (2010-06-09 14:12:17)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
fascist, communist or democratic

i don't think any of the ideologies really patch-over the fact we're a brutal bunch

im somewhat channeling nietzsche and schopenhauer here. man is an animal that craves power- there are the rulers and the to-be-ruled, and history itself is doing a disservice if it implicitly 'celebrates' one ideology over the other. so the west triumphed over communism in the major dialectic of the 20th century-- was it such a victory? many could argue that the west, for many years after the trente glorieuse, solely survived and propped itself up with the justification and grim-spectacle of the collapsing east. we are just as decadent and bankrupt ourselves. every nation has its fair share of war crimes, and to raise the 'issue' of whether it is right or wrong to commemorate german soldiers as well as allied soldiers, is to ignorantly brush aside all of history before us.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Shahter wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

Shahter wrote:

soviet army had "inflicted" those "great defeats". by the time the free and the brave arrived the victory over nazi germany had already been assured. your troops really came there to stop soviets from overrunning the whole bloody europe and to claim a portion of the war spoils.
but you can of course keep patting yourself on the back if it makes you feel comfortable.
Let's see how far Soviet Russia would've gotten without Lend-Lease equipment. Pretty sure it was a team effort, comrade.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

FEOS wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Let's see how far Soviet Russia would've gotten without Lend-Lease equipment. Pretty sure it was a team effort, comrade.
I'm pretty sure that the KV/T-34 was better than the Sherman, and that the Ppsh-41 was better than the thompson. It's all about the cars...
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Trotskygrad wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Shahter wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the KV/T-34 was better than the Sherman, and that the Ppsh-41 was better than the thompson. It's all about the cars...
And the trucks and the planes and the locomotives and the...
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard