MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6186|Schofield Barracks
Me and my friends just recently found out about Apathy and in my opinion hes one of the best rappers out there. what do you guys think about him?

Wikipedia wrote:

Chad Bromley (born March 8, 1979), better known as Apathy  (formerly Apathy the Alien Tongue) is an underground rapper and producer from Willimantic, Connecticut. He attended high school at various schools in Connecticut. He is a re-founding member and unofficial leader of the Demigodz crew. Apathy frequently collaborates with Demigodz members, Motive, Esoteric, and Celph Titled, who frequently produces for him. He is also a member of the super-group Army of the Pharaohs (founded by Vinnie Paz from Jedi Mind Tricks) and the Connecticut  crew Doe Rakers with frequent collaborators Motive and Emilio Lopez. His DJ is Chum the Skrilla Guerilla. At one time, Apathy was signed to Atlantic Records, however after being shelved for many years, he finally decided to leave.[citation needed]

He released his debut album, Eastern Philosophy, in March 2006 on Babygrande Records. Most of his previous underground work has been collected on two albums: the two-disc It's the Bootleg, Muthafuckas! Vol. 1 and Where's Your Album?!!. Apathy released another collection of his most recent works, Baptism by Fire, in January 2007. He has also criticized the overuse of Auto Tuning by artists like Kanye West stating, "You ain't a computer, you ain't from the future, and you ain't got a tumor, so why you do to your voice, shit to make it sound stupider" and the first time he heard vocals like that was on a Cher album in the eighties. He is in a group called Get Busy Committee

Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6625

love that slick rick sample
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
i heard hes having a show in my areas soon but you have to be 18 to get in so i wont be seeing him anytime soon.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

yeah he's sick.  AoTP are sick too.  Esoteric has put out some quality music with 7L.
Brasso
+1,549|6623

representtttttttttt

seriously though i haven't heard of him before.  that's cool
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6577|England
Love a bit of Apathy, and like Ken said the AoTP stuff is amazing too.

A fave of mine at the minute, with B-Real and Celph Titled.  Great stuff.

Some AoTP for good measure.

Last edited by KingCheese (2010-06-08 01:55:21)

"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
Brasso
+1,549|6623

so what's the best album apathy has in your opinion?  i want to d/l some of his music.

Last edited by Brasso (2010-06-08 15:36:33)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6577|England
Well, my favorite is Eastern Philosophy, so I'd say grab that.  Thing is, Wanna Snuggle is also damn good!
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5691
Apathy is awesome. I recently lost all the albums I had by him. If I want to listen to him it has to be through youtube.

in case this hasn't been posted(AotP):

KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6577|England
Love Ap's verse on this track too, with nice verses from Celph and Styles of Beyond.  In fact, Celph's "The Gatalog" was quite the bargain, think I paid £4 which isn't bad for a triple cd.

MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

Brasso wrote:

so what's the best album apathy has in your opinion?  i want to d/l some of his music.
Wanna snuggle is great i listen to it all the time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard