Favorite super smash game for nintendo

Super Smash Brothers N6450%50% - 10
Super Smash Brothers Melee35%35% - 7
Super Smash Brothers Brawl15%15% - 3
Total: 20
pace51
Boom?
+194|5162|Markham, Ontario
It's funny how the original was intended as a wash-out game, yet turned out to be one of the best selling games ever. These games are pretty good, but for me, brawl was to crammed... and melee was good, but I liked the N64 one. Simple, and fun. Wwhat about you?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6696|67.222.138.85
The N64 one was great, I was very excited about it and played it a lot. When melee came around they added quite a bit of stuff, but they still kept a lot of the core mechanics and I felt the heart was still in the game. Played this game a lot with friends too.

Then the wii shit came around and now it's just ridiculous. A lot of my friends play it SUPER HARDCORE and I do not understand it at all, seems like a really dumb game to get good at. Of course this was also after my transformation from console -> PC was complete, but even if I went back to console I think it would be one of the last games I would pick up.
pace51
Boom?
What I liked about the N64 version the most was you could invite some buddies over who'd never played it in their life, and ten minutes later, they've got the hang of the controls. Aand, the characters were great, since their abilities were useful and easy to pick up on. Also, getting a certain item or a fluke shot wouldn't turn the tide of the battle as easily as it does in brawl. Like, the speials were overboard.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6696|67.222.138.85
Yeah, they let the number of characters and number of items drive the complexity of the game way up. It didn't make for a better game.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6726|Oxferd Ohire
i like melee and brawl about the same but i voted for brawl since i dont own melee.. like both much better than n64
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pace51
Boom?

RTHKI wrote:

i like melee and brawl about the same but i voted for brawl since i dont own melee.. like both much better than n64
The N64 version for me is one of those extremely rare games that has good gameplay, and at the same time, graphics that don't ruin the gameplay as the game gets older.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6726|Oxferd Ohire
i went back to play the n64 version and didnt like the maps as much as melee or  brawl
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pace51
Boom?

RTHKI wrote:

i went back to play the n64 version and didnt like the maps as much as melee or  brawl
I like the characters, weapons, and items of the n64 version the best. The maps are fine, to me, though I wish there were more. However, the kirbyland and yoshi map kinda sucked. Way too simple.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6142|what

Super Smash Brothers N64

I haven't played the others...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6680|Devon, England
Melee is the most memorable for me
Wreckognize
+294|6474
N64
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6225|Uk
I thought Melee was the best as it had the best target challenges and stuff, but i will never be a massive fan of a game that no matter how well you know all the moves, you can still be beaten by someone throwing their controller against a wall
Brasso
+1,549|6619

melee is my favorite i guess, but when i do play super smash with friends it's brawl.  the n64 version was slo-mo, fools.  grandpa could play that shit.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
BeardedHobo
Will post for food
+53|5170|Flying in my boxcar.
N64, since you could play a whole match by only grabbing people.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6837|San Francisco

Having played all three Smash Bros games extensively I feel that Melee is the most competitive thanks to numerous advanced techniques such as wavedashing and L-canceling. Because of this I voted for Melee, even though I mostly play Brawl these days.

The original Smash is not as well balanced as Melee or Brawl. Grabs are way OP, and there are really only a select few top-tier characters.

Brawl added a bunch of random elements to level the playing field, which is great for casual players, but frustrating for for skilled players.
Kez
+778|5692|London, UK
N64 was one of the most addictive games I ever played

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard