11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5239|Cleveland, Ohio
wasnt really a response since you were not asking a question so........
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
a response doesn't have to be to a question

you can 'respond' to a statement

which you did

christ you and nuk trying to find faults in my language use

what next: shifty and androoz telling dilbert how to fix a car?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
11 Bravo
Banned

Uzique wrote:

a response doesn't have to be to a question

you can 'respond' to a statement

which you did

christ you and nuk trying to find faults in my language use

what next: shifty and androoz telling dilbert how to fix a car?
wasnt really responding to anything....more like a wtf type thing since all you are is a low level uni student also.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
a 'wtf type thing' in the context of a thread is a 'response'

'POST REPLY'

jesus fucking christ you are a dumb cunt

and my post wasn't about being a uni student, it was aimed at nuk's 'fine vodka connoiseur' post because he's doing the typical ivy league thing of aspiring to middle-class status and affectation

marine don't post when you don't know what the holy fuck you're talking about. you just wasted 2 pages with your spew.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
11 Bravo
Banned
you need to adjust your attitude, sarah.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT

Uzique wrote:

a 'wtf type thing' in the context of a thread is a 'response'

'POST REPLY'

jesus fucking christ you are a dumb cunt

and my post wasn't about being a uni student, it was aimed at nuk's 'fine vodka connoiseur' post because he's doing the typical ivy league thing of aspiring to middle-class status and affectation

marine don't post when you don't know what the holy fuck you're talking about. you just wasted 2 pages with your spew.
not really sure how you can pretend to be the professor emeritus of english here when you repeatedly exhibit a less than complete grasp of reading comprehension

also you're a fucking moron with the ivy league thing. it really kind of indicates you wish you'd tried harder in secondary school so you could go to Oxford or Cambridge like the rest of your rich classmates

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2010-06-05 04:20:40)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
you need to get some brains, grunt

watch your split infinitives nuk, it's lousy. C+.

Last edited by Uzique (2010-06-05 04:17:07)

11 Bravo
Banned

Uzique wrote:

you need to get some brains, grunt
says a low level uni student.  get off my screen till you actually do something.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
what split infinitive please elaborate as i'm really sleep deprived and only see one infinitive, which is clearly not split

thanks for enlightening brilliant master of germanic grammar

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2010-06-05 04:22:20)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique wrote:

go wank with your shitty vocabulary over the science and engineering guys in D&ST

wrong arena here
Thats funny, griping about monosyllabic geeks by typing into your computer to transmit through the internet.
Any idea how many Frinklets sweated blood to make all the components and systems work so you could blab your verbose claptrap?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-06-05 07:01:49)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Al Gore invented the internet.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6742

https://img576.imageshack.us/img576/6306/nerdzique.jpg

Seems about right
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6634

hahahhaha
11 Bravo
Banned
dude fucking lol
pace51
Boom?
+194|5175|Markham, Ontario
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uzique wrote:

go wank with your shitty vocabulary over the science and engineering guys in D&ST

wrong arena here
Thats funny, griping about monosyllabic geeks by typing into your computer to transmit through the internet.
Any idea how many Frinklets sweated blood to make all the components and systems work so you could blab your verbose claptrap?
it was more a point of nuk's purposeful verbosity-for-the-point-of-impressing, rather than a jab at science geeks

in fact, it wasn't 'insulting' towards science and engineering "guys" at all ('guys' isnt a pejorative)

i guess that shit o-level experience left you with lacking reading interpretation?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique wrote:

i guess that shit o-level experience left you with lacking reading interpretation?
No, it left me with excellent interpretation, coupled with the knowledge that a lot a 'literature' just isn't worth interpreting.
There is no hidden message, there is no deep and insightful imagery, its just a fucking book.

Maybe the Da-Vinci code was a play on the meaninglessness of most literature.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
or maybe it was an example of the book-as-commodity rather than the novel-as-art

maybe you just don't know the distinction between the booker-prize type literature 'industry' and the endeavor of kantean 'fine art'

maybe you'll just think of another excuse to fill that gap
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique wrote:

or maybe it was an example of the book-as-commodity rather than the novel-as-art
Quite possibly, but no doubt in 50 years some PhD student will spend 10 years and 100,000 words proving one or the other.
I'm going to have to think one up and get back to you. It could be a while.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney

burnzz wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Prices for nice drinks won't go up at all.
about 65p, amirite?

Jaekus wrote:

Spent $30 on a nice bottle of pinot tonight, drank about 2/3 of it.

Bertster7 wrote:

How much is wine in the US in general? I've been considering investigating some of these more interesting sounding American wines.
Jaekus is Australian, i believe.

as for American vintages, across the board they are less than their French counterparts. the burgundies here are very appealing, but not quite as nice or expensive as the French ones. the white wines have more variety because of all the different climates they can grow here. the reislings are very nice, and i've not found many > 15-$20.

America's greatest contribution to the world of alcohol, imho, is bourbon.
Yeah, I'm an Aussie.

And it was pinot noir. Still have a glass left but I'm saving that as a nightcap after I get through this cheaper bottle of cab shiraz.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Quite possibly, but no doubt in 50 years some PhD student will spend 10 years and 100,000 words proving one or the other.
I'm going to have to think one up and get back to you. It could be a while.
no, they won't. because academia is already drawing the dividing line between fine art and acceptable art.

as i mentioned, it was being done in the enlightenment by the likes of kant and hume. go do some reading and you'll find you don't need excuses to patch your leaking boat of thought.

a phd thesis application for a piece of work on chris moyles' autobiography will not be approved. that's the 'critical establishment' for you. but it's the arena that academia has to operate within to retain any credibility.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uzique wrote:

as i mentioned, it was being done in the enlightenment by the likes of kant and hume. go do some reading and you'll find you don't need excuses to patch your leaking boat of thought
I need to refresh my knowledge on stress analysis and fracture mechanics, if I have time after that I may try reading some tosh, maybe you could suggest some.
I was going to try 'Pincher Martin' to start with.
11 Bravo
Banned
lol
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

queerest derail ever
11 Bravo
Banned