TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6847|-
This thread is intended for you all to express your likes/dislikes of the new patch. Please try and keep things civilized... we know where you sleep...
AdamEcks
+1|6702|Canada, Eh.
I'm posting this too much, hopefully not many more of these threads will appear.

Red name bug, unfixed:

(Sorry, had to remove the SS cause fucktards like sparklet)

Last edited by AdamEcks (2006-02-15 11:17:25)

sparklet
Banned
+34|6747|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
i got outsniped by a PKM

i was sniper and i got snipered by a PKM

PKM = accrate plus power
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6762

I just played my first round on Karkand with the new patch. Couple thoughts.

1.- EVERYONE was using the new sniper rifle. I'm hoping it's just a novelty thing because sniper wars like I was having would suck. It is dead accurate, awesome scope, and I was getting mostly 1 hit kills. I love it... as long as the enemy doesn't use it against me.
2.- The P90 is awesome. Not as powerful as I thought, but definatelly worth the time.
3.- The assault grenade launcher has been modified and you can no longer shoot directly at the floor in front of you. This made it ineffective at close ranges, which was SWEET.
4.- You can't shoot once you jump. Period. No left click action basically so C4 tossing has been rendered useless. There is a slight delay after every jump, prone action so you CAN jump and go prone... but you're effectivelly limited to that action. You can't get up and keep doing it. This is by far the best solution ever.

Good job EA. Seems like it'll be a great patch.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6843|Bryan/College Station, TX
Well I babelfished the german site where the patch is hosted. Now waiting for the official US version to be available from the EA site. Should be any day now.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6682
The sniper rifle (AWP, I think): It pwns.
The p90: inaccurate and underpowered. Similar to the mp5.
Medics paddles: something is messed up
Choppers: Suck now
AA: Pwns now
GL: quite different, haven't yet decided.

I dont like the feel yet, but I'll give it time. I'm gonna miss my chopper.
Maj.Do
+85|6751|good old CA
wont work : ( must download the big 800meg full version tommorrow : (
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6704|Central Valley,California
The choppers just plane suck ass now. Everything else is good.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6769|AUS, Canberra
it would be good if any of the aussie servers had the patch......
durkamoz
+5|6688
There is definately something wrong with the medic paddles.  I will hit somebody and it won't charge, then after a few seconds it charges.  Sometimes people get revived before the animation goes off as well.  It is just really buggy and got annoying.  I only noticed it if I was using them a lot (kark.)
Aenima_Eyes
+20|6650
Should have never lowered the HP on the choppers and jets.  Increasing the AA accuracy was really the only thing needed. . .now, everything that flies is made out of paper-mache.
||3RB||earljohnson
Got Milk?
+0|6678
when wiill the patch be released in the us??????
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6769|AUS, Canberra

||3RB||earljohnson wrote:

world wide web is global my friend.
AdamEcks
+1|6702|Canada, Eh.

Not sure what you mean here. I didn't know that certain websites were only available to certain countries. I have the patch already.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6762

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

Should have never lowered the HP on the choppers and jets.  Increasing the AA accuracy was really the only thing needed. . .now, everything that flies is made out of paper-mache.
Time to give the jets a little taste of what we feel when we can't do anything about them... WOOT!
Trel
+70|6676
It would be nice if I could actually access any server that ran the same version I do (1.2) and have them tell me Im not using the same version and kick me off.

F that shit.
Good to be back.
||3RB||earljohnson
Got Milk?
+0|6678
can someone post me a link that is in english, and that has the full patch
PLEASE!!! i must have that new sniper
AdamEcks
+1|6702|Canada, Eh.

Trel wrote:

It would be nice if I could actually access any server that ran the same version I do (1.2) and have them tell me Im not using the same version and kick me off.

F that shit.
I believe people are starting to address this in the first 1.2 thread by IndianScout. People are finding fixes.

As for the aircraft + AA. I'm disappointed because I did like the heli but I have no problem reverting to solely infantry. That's what I have been doing as of late anyway. It will be nice not to have to worry about chopper whores or having an f15 release it's payload on me.
ilyandor
+31|6688|Phoenix, AZ

AdamEcks wrote:

Not sure what you mean here. I didn't know that certain websites were only available to certain countries. I have the patch already.
lol...

- i tried the TV missile on single player, it dies within like 3 secons of flight...yeah the range has been reduced!
- GAY breathing sounds if you jump twice...whatever; more discouragement to the bunnies,
- nice sniper rifle (too bad i dont play that shit no more)
- noob tube...whatever.

i too get the punkbuster message. tried all the shit in checkboxes. will wait till tomorrow.

thanks chuy for your great site! hope you update the rank thingy boxes soon!
F.Rabshaw
+37|6681
my screenshots of my promotions werent saved. is anyone else having this problem?
AdamEcks
+1|6702|Canada, Eh.
People that removed/renamed the intro movies are saying that if they put them back where they should be than they no longer get the message.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6733|Singapore
Is the AA fixed yet?
AdamEcks
+1|6702|Canada, Eh.

Ayumiz wrote:

Is the AA fixed yet?
Define fixed. If you mean does AA rape air vehicles now, Yes. Improved AA and decrease air vehicle strength. All they had to do was improve the AA, not air vehicles don't have a chance. I have no problem playing infantry though and it will be nice not to have to worry about being constantly pinned down by a heli.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6699|MoVal So-Cal
Anti aircraft OWNS now
Assault kit OWNS not (I pwned so many people today by bouncing my nade into their face and around corners+rifle seems stronger and more accurate)
APC OWNS (it just felt "stronger")
Anti tank OWNS (seems to have more oomph)
M95 OWNS now actually
P90 SUXORS
new sniper OWNS
Choppers SUXOR (had a 1 on 1 fight with an attack heli and won with an APC)
Planes SUXORS (death trap with the awsome new AA
The download servers are for real, the patch works 100% fine, before you play make sure you got to the "community" tab in your game menu and activate battlefield 2 and not special forces
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6727|Honolulu, HI

F.Rabshaw wrote:

my screenshots of my promotions werent saved. is anyone else having this problem?
Yup!  My screenies won't save into the \My Documents\Battlefield 2\Screenshots directory either.  In fact, I don't know where they are at all!  The only thing I can think of, at the moment, is Alt+Tab out of BF2, paste into an image editor and Save As.

Pain in the ass, I know, but small price to pay for 1.2, eh?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard