Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6792|Moscow, Russia

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Again, natural is in no way normal by necessity.
really? k, wth is "normal" then?
This has been addressed so many times I don't care to count.
this cannot be "addressed" at all. "normal" is relative, even the people, who are supposed to make this call, medical professionals - psychologists and psychiatrists - all agree that the more they discover about human mind the less they can really say for certain about it.
but you, the Flaming_Maniac, don't care. well, k.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6723|67.222.138.85
I am saying that I personally have addressed that exact question in several different forms over the course of the thread. If you read the thread you could easily synthesize my answer.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6792|Moscow, Russia

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I am saying that I personally have addressed that exact question in several different forms over the course of the thread. If you read the thread you could easily synthesize my answer.
but that's the point - there's no use sythesizing any answer out of what you've been saying in this thread because you've no idea what you are talking about. you've been taking stuff out of context and making dubious assumptions - based on which you concluded that all humans who do not breed for whatever reasons are dysfunctional. and you expect to be taken seriously?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6827|Nårvei

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Varegg wrote:

But they CAN breed so that does not make them dysfunctional ... and when they do breed they have the exact same possibilities of having heterosexual or gay kids ... atleast I have yet to see a study about how gay people have a higher chance of getting gay kids ...
Haven't had the birds and the bees talk yet huh?
I'm soon to be 40 so I have 20+ years headstart on you young man

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Varegg wrote:

But lets say you are right FM, how does it change society? ... I ask because seeing as gay people always have existed the change in society was already there in the beginning and the only factor that may have changed over time is how people react when they encounter gay people ...
It is a huge political issue right now, and it greatly influences the lives of a lot of straight people as well. They are different, and that changes the social dynamic. Again the fact that this has gone on to 150+ posts is indicative of this.
Maybe a huge political issue in the US but in most other parts this is really history ... it does not greatly influence anything that people are gay, they are not different and they do not change the social dynamic ... the fact that this has gone on to 150+ posts is because of you mostly ...

Gay people have sex and falls in love with the same gender, that is where the difference starts and also where it ends ... other than that they are influnencing the society no more or less than you and I ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Flaming_Maniac
lol there are parades with the specific purpose of gay pride. There are gay bars, shows about gay people, shows by gay people, countless plots dealing specifically with homosexuality. To say it does not greatly influence or change the social dynamic is just plain silly.
Varegg
+2,206|6827|Nårvei

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

lol there are parades with the specific purpose of gay pride. There are gay bars, shows about gay people, shows by gay people, countless plots dealing specifically with homosexuality. To say it does not greatly influence or change the social dynamic is just plain silly.
On the other hand there is also heaps of parades that aren't about gay pride, there are plenty of bars that heterosexuals can frequent, most shows doesn't have gay content or a gay director, so there are kazillion or more plots specifically dealing with other things than homosexuality ... to say it greatly influence or change social dynamic is just plain ignorant ...

They influence social dynamics just like any other group does, no matter what gender, sexuality or political orientation they may have ...

Don't be so afraid of turning gay just because they are more visible ... if you feel heterosexual FM no gay person can change that ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Flaming_Maniac
Yeah, they influence the social dynamic just like everyone else. Precisely my point.

And nice psychological diagnosis Freud.
Varegg
+2,206|6827|Nårvei

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Yeah, they influence the social dynamic just like everyone else. Precisely my point.

And nice psychological diagnosis Freud.
You made it sound like their influence was a bad thing and that it infested society like the black plague ... and tnx, you would be amazed as to how many that actually think homosexuality is contagious
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5195|Sydney
Freud had some good ideas but a lot of it is considered outdated, and he was a bit weird himself. A lot of his own issues with sexuality and his parents were projected as more global ideas in his work. Just cause he felt he had subconscious desires to have intercourse with his parents doesn't mean a lot of other people do.

/tangent

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-06-04 00:42:33)

BVC
+325|6712
Homosexuality isn't generally regarded as a mental illness because most people have worked out that it isn't.

Homophobia is a something of a cultural hangover.

Last edited by Pubic (2010-06-04 03:57:50)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5254|Cleveland, Ohio
all i need to know is why most gay men talk in that weird voice while some gay men and women dont sound any different
Varegg
+2,206|6827|Nårvei

11 Bravo wrote:

all i need to know is why most gay men talk in that weird voice while some gay men and women dont sound any different
Hormones
BVC
+325|6712

11 Bravo wrote:

All I need to know is, who would win in a fight to the death: Julian Clary or Pete Burns?
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6559|Texas - Bigger than France

Pubic wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

All I need to know is, who would win in a fight to the death: Julian Clary or Pete Burns?
The world
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6422|North Carolina
In a technical sense, yes, you could consider being gay a mental disorder.  It often corresponds with abnormalities in certain parts of the brain along with hormonal differences from the average human.  These differences in biology correlated with differences in behavior can be defined as a disorder.

Now, legally, it's not defined as a disorder, because homosexuals are afforded the same rights as heterosexuals (with the exception of marriage), and sexual orientation is a federally protected class.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6122|eXtreme to the maX

Turquoise wrote:

In a technical sense, yes, you could consider being gay a mental disorder.  It often corresponds with abnormalities in certain parts of the brain along with hormonal differences from the average human.  These differences in biology correlated with differences in behavior can be defined as a disorder.
You can say the same about people who are highly creative, intelligent, musical, successful at sport, business etc.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-06-05 23:08:36)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5195|Sydney

Turquoise wrote:

Now, legally, it's not defined as a disorder, because homosexuals are afforded the same rights as heterosexuals (with the exception of marriage), and sexual orientation is a federally protected class.
I'm not sure what you are actually trying to alude to here.

It may come as news to you, but people with schizophrenia, bipolar, disassociative personality disorder, schizoaffective disorder, OCD, major depression, anxiety disorder, borderline personality disorder... etc. all are afforded the same rights as any other member of society.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-06-06 01:08:46)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6422|North Carolina

Jaekus wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I'm not sure what you are actually trying to alude to here.

It may come as news to you, but people with schizophrenia, bipolar, disassociative personality disorder, schizoaffective disorder, OCD, major depression, anxiety disorder, borderline personality disorder... etc. all are afforded the same rights as any other member of society.
Yes, but what I'm referring to is that you are allowed to discriminate against the mentally unstable for the purpose of hiring, etc., whereas the same cannot be said regarding homosexuals, unless you're the military.

There are certain legal protections for those with mental disorders, but they aren't quite on the same level as the protections for homosexuals.

I think you might be reading a little more into what I'm saying here.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6514

Turquoise wrote:

Yes, but what I'm referring to is that you are allowed to discriminate against the mentally unstable for the purpose of hiring, etc., whereas the same cannot be said regarding homosexuals, unless you're the military.
i live in Utah, a right to work state. they can fire you if your socks don't match. not that that would ever happen to a homosexual . . .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard