13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6546

pace51 wrote:

lowing wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

It is more about maturity and respect.
you speak of maturity and respect with a sig like that?

Not really sure where your sig comes from or what drove it, but the irony of that sig and your post compelled me to post.

Anyway, as far as the "real world" goes. I have a great job, I have a great trade, I have a great house with 2 great kids, healthy and happy. My marriage is getting better after a few years of rocky times, but hey we survived it. Not really sure what is going on in your "real world", but in mine, I have little complaints. I don't need "good luck". Luck is not "real world". In fact, if you are banking on luck to see you through your " real world" well all I can tell ya is, good luck.
HEY. There's only one person who knows about the real world in this forum. And that's me.

On a serious note, these are the kinds of posts killing DST.
. . . and these kinds of posts are killing bf2s.com

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=136792
tuckergustav
+1,590|5963|...

pace51 wrote:

lowing wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

Not really sure where your sig comes from or what drove it, but the irony of that sig and your post compelled me to post.

Anyway, as far as the "real world" goes. I have a great job, I have a great trade, I have a great house with 2 great kids, healthy and happy. My marriage is getting better after a few years of rocky times, but hey we survived it. Not really sure what is going on in your "real world", but in mine, I have little complaints. I don't need "good luck". Luck is not "real world". In fact, if you are banking on luck to see you through your " real world" well all I can tell ya is, good luck.
HEY. There's only one person who knows about the real world in this forum. And that's me.

On a serious note, these are the kinds of posts killing DST. Temp mods would be nice.

Also, maybe the poster should specify if they want the debate to include opinions or just factual statements as arguments... that would probably help.
The irony that fills your post is killing me...
nlsme1
+32|5466

lowing wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

My sig comes from the fact all 3 of you have mentioned the "real world" to me. Yet can't seem to act like they can handle the simple domain that is an internet forum. I genuinly hope you do have a good life. As well as ATG, and G@LT. And by saying good luck to you, I am saying I hope no "bad luck" falls upon you. Some things in "life" ARE out of your control Lowing.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6700|USA

nlsme1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

My sig comes from the fact all 3 of you have mentioned the "real world" to me. Yet can't seem to act like they can handle the simple domain that is an internet forum. I genuinly hope you do have a good life. As well as ATG, and G@LT. And by saying good luck to you, I am saying I hope no "bad luck" falls upon you. Some things in "life" ARE out of your control Lowing.
Just in case you missed the point, it is the real world that is "real", in my case, my real world, and it is the internet that is fantasy or illusion, anything but "real world".
nlsme1
+32|5466

lowing wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Just in case you missed the point, it is the real world that is "real", in my case, my real world, and it is the internet that is fantasy or illusion, anything but "real world".
So nothing you say can be taken seriously then. OK. My point still stands.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6591|Texas - Bigger than France
See, at this point lowing should walk away, just like nlsme should have well before, just like lowing should have ignored...

...you guys have a lot of free time
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6700|USA

nlsme1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

If you don't want to take what I say seriously that is up to you. It changes nothing of how or what I feel or hold as an opinion in my "real world"
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5228|Sydney
This personalisation of discussion is what kills threads.

Definitely move to moderate any discussion that moves towards personal discussion between posters, whether it be of critical or complimentary nature, though the former definitely fuels a dozen pages of crap, whereas the latter is usually one post. If you have issues, take it to PMs, or EE.

Frankly, noone wants or cares to read that kind of crap.
nlsme1
+32|5466

lowing wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

If you don't want to take what I say seriously that is up to you. It changes nothing of how or what I feel or hold as an opinion in my "real world"
Does anything?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6700|USA

nlsme1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

Does anything?
Sure,  when something happens that goes against what I have experienced, or read about on a damn daily basis.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5222|Markham, Ontario
Burnzz, I deeply regret that post. However, my other posts... no regrets!
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6546

pace51 wrote:

Burnzz, I deeply regret that post. However, my other posts... no regrets!
Good for you!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6724|Canberra, AUS
What Jaekus said. Depersonalize, please.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
13/f/taiwan
+940|5748
Haha, this thread turned out exactly the way I thought it would.
nlsme1
+32|5466
Lowing and I are actually having a debate free of all the bullshit this thread was made for.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 9#p3181549

He will now be removed from my sig. Although I do still wish him well.
pace51
Boom?
How about implementing rules like people not being allowed to address other members, just their arguments?
Pug
boo no fun

you always have the option of ignoring...
pace51
Boom?
Yesss... but I don't mean a feature, All I mean is that people should treat each member equally, not bring outside quarrels in, and only address their arguments. In other words, this would prevent derailing.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6202|what

I'd like to see D&ST divided into subsections. Politics. Science. Religion. And a Misc/Other.

Keeps threads in better order and you know what to expect. Some people might only head to the science section and avoid the other shit, if they so choose.

pace51 wrote:

How about implementing rules like people not being allowed to address other members, just their arguments?
shut up pace you stupid canadian.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
pace51
Boom?
Here's an example.

Lets say a user posts this : Well, we have no resources to fix that spill...
Instead of someone saying : Well you didn't live in the area and are only twelve, so you have no say
They would only be allowed to debate the statement like this: Actually, we already have several resources in place and they are etc.

Thats kinda what I mean ^^^^^
Pug

AussieReaper wrote:

I'd like to see D&ST divided into subsections. Politics. Science. Religion. And a Misc/Other.

Keeps threads in better order and you know what to expect. Some people might only head to the science section and avoid the other shit, if they so choose.

pace51 wrote:

Maybe just flaming and non-flaming

I really don't think there's a whole bunch of "activity" that warrants subsections in reality
pace51
Boom?

AussieReaper wrote:

pace51 wrote:

Ignoring the insult, dividing DST into a series of sub-forums might be a great idea. Or even a space for serious polls.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6155|eXtreme to the maX
Keep it as it is, dividing it up wouldn't change people's behaviour.

Maybe an auto-close feature after 20 pages, 50 if its a lowing thread.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-06-04 07:01:10)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Pug

pace51 wrote:

Here's an example.

Lets say a user posts this : Well, we have no resources to fix that spill...
Instead of someone saying : Well you didn't live in the area and are only twelve, so you have no say
They would only be allowed to debate the statement like this: Actually, we already have several resources in place and they are etc.

Thats kinda what I mean ^^^^^
There's a rule in place...report it?
pace51
Boom?

Pug wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

pace51 wrote:

Maybe just flaming and non-flaming

I really don't think there's a whole bunch of "activity" that warrants subsections in reality
Subsections would increase posting. If someone has eight debate topics, their not gonna put them all in DST because they'd be called a spammer, or take away from the other arguments. But if there were seperate sections, that person could put one or two per section and they wouldn't clutter up anything.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard