Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Macbeth wrote:

lowing wrote:

people who run amuk unchecked by the mods.
Biggest problem right there.
How about we just close every thread which gets derailed into an anti-islam rant?
That would solve the problem of people who run amok.

lowing wrote:

Far too often the mods get involved and even engage in personal attacks themselves.
Mods are users first, mods second. They aren't here just to slap down anyone who disagrees with your opinion.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-07-07 21:04:20)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

lowing wrote:

How about we just close every thread which gets derailed into an anti-islam rant?
...and smart ass posts such as yours is a perfect example of how all of that derailing starts.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Dilbert_X wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

lowing wrote:

How about agreeing to disagree after a awhile.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

...and smart ass posts such as yours is a perfect example of how all of that derailing starts.
How about you address the content instead of bitching?

FM wrote:

I keep saying it, it's just not getting through.
There is no point, just give up.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

lowing wrote:

lowing wrote:

Far too often the mods get involved and even engage in personal attacks themselves.
Mods are users first, mods second. They aren't here just to slap down anyone who disagrees with your opinion.
I don't want them slapping down anyone who disagrees with my opinion. I want them to moderate this forum fairly.

Last edited by lowing (2010-07-07 21:09:52)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

FM wrote:

I did address the content, I called it bullshit, and then explained why it is bullshit.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

lowing wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Do you want to fix or bitch?
As I said, I do my part, I follow the established rules. It is your job ( not mine) to make sure everyone else does the same thing.
The "job" of course being a volunteer position. I am not being paid to keep the community from going to shit. The only benefit I get out of it is the same benefit you do - BF2S not being a cesspool. You need to understand that it is the collective effort that makes or breaks the forum. BF2S has weathered many shit mods that have been removed from their positions.

If you have the ability to recognize right from wrong you are morally obligated to do something about the circumstance you find yourself in, or at least to recognize you permit it by inaction. Take responsibility for your ability, because the bitter truth is a lot of people lack the ability and the responsibility.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

I don't want them slapping down anyone who disagrees with my opinion. I want them to moderate this forum fairly.
Define fairly, you resort to personal insults as quickly as anyone else, but object when anyone insults your weak arguments and flaky sources.
You need to report stuff, or nothing happens.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

FM wrote:

I did address the content, I called it bullshit, and then explained why it is bullshit.
You didn't address the content, just retorted with an insult - maybe you should try understanding the difference.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

lowing wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

As I said, I do my part, I follow the established rules. It is your job ( not mine) to make sure everyone else does the same thing.
The "job" of course being a volunteer position. I am not being paid to keep the community from going to shit. The only benefit I get out of it is the same benefit you do - BF2S not being a cesspool. You need to understand that it is the collective effort that makes or breaks the forum. BF2S has weathered many shit mods that have been removed from their positions.

If you have the ability to recognize right from wrong you are morally obligated to do something about the circumstance you find yourself in, or at least to recognize you permit it by inaction. Take responsibility for your ability, because the bitter truth is a lot of people lack the ability and the responsibility.
It is a collective effort, and I do my part. Modding does not mean recognizing right form wrong and taking action. Your job is to make sure everyone follows the established rules regardless of personal opinion of the post or the poster. That should not be hard to do.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

You didn't address the content, just retorted with an insult - maybe you should try understanding the difference.
I didn't insult anyone. and I did explain my observations. I couldn't care less if you went back and read it however.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Their job is to address any issues brought to their attention - in that respect the forum members are the first line.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

I didn't insult anyone. and I did explain my observations. I couldn't care less if you went back and read it however.
OK, not addressing the post and calling people smart-asses - its like arguing with a wall.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Their job is to address any issues brought to their attention - in that respect the forum members are the first line.
I understand this, however the claim has been made that the mods d onot know what is happening unless  it has been reported. This is bullshit, the mods are involved enough in this forum that they know who the problem children are, and they do not do anything about them.

Last edited by lowing (2010-07-07 21:21:54)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

OK, not addressing the post and calling people smart-asses - its like arguing with a wall.
I did not call you a smart ass, I called your post smart ass, and I stand by that. I also believe you know it to be a smart ass post as well.

Last edited by lowing (2010-07-07 21:26:58)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

I did not call you a smart ass, I called your post smart ass, and I stand by that. I also believe you know it to be a smart ass post as well.

lowing wrote:

Sort of like saying "I didn't call you a bitch, I just called you bitchy."

To moderate a forum where people turtle themselves in behind semantics...alas, I don't have time this morning
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

You shouldn't call people turtles.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Sort of like saying "I didn't call you a bitch, I just called you bitchy."

To moderate a forum where people turtle themselves in behind semantics...alas, I don't have time this morning
I will maintain for you to deny or dismiss  what Dilberts posts here is trying to do is exactly what the mod problem is in this forum.

and yes calling someone a bitch in an effrot to insult, is different than calling their post bitchy. Any member, let alone mod worth their salt should know that difference.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Why not just leave the insults out altogether, and actually address the content and not the person?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Why not just leave the insults out altogether, and actually address the content and not the person?
Because your post was not addressing anything other than yet another personal dig on me, and you god damn well know that.

You would be a fine one to take your own advice.

Last edited by lowing (2010-07-08 06:21:45)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So why not respond with something intelligent instead of insults?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Because your smart ass post, did not warrant anything other pointing out what it was.

Was wondering the same thing of you. Why didn't you post something intelligent instead ?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

lowing wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

That's the crux of it right there. I sure as hell couldn't be arsed putting up with all the shit the mods must put up with.
We may not agree with them all from time to time, but personally I'm thankful for the time they take to to manage the forums.
I think some people take it all for granted a lot of the time.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5239|Cleveland, Ohio

Dilbert_X wrote:

ahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahaahahahahahhaahahahaaahahahaha  holy fuck wtf
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Jaekus wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

lowing wrote:

That's the crux of it right there. I sure as hell couldn't be arsed putting up with all the shit the mods must put up with.
We may not agree with them all from time to time, but personally I'm thankful for the time they take to to manage the forums.
I think some people take it all for granted a lot of the time.
Ironic coming form one of the worst posters in this forum...Don't look now, but you are part of the problem.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard