JahManRed
wank
+646|6645|IRELAND

pace51 wrote:

burnzz wrote:

i don't give a fuck if you debate more. you think more of this

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6219 … umentu.jpg

is going to fix things?

i care about the forum, some of the people that have left, some that are here, and the world-wide friendships i've made. you want to be able to hit the report button to

pace51 wrote:

If so, feature requests would be made obsolete. This would let us request fetures without members derailing the threads.
you want to be able post "Real World Facts about everything" everywhere - in each sub-forum, in everyone's face.
you want to re-make BF2s.com in your own image, instead of accepting what is already here.

well, D&ST regulars, i give you pace51 - he's left the best for last, apparently . . .
Aactually, I do not wish to make the site in "my own image". I just want to help out and contribute. I don't want to put RWF everywhere. I accept how the site is, I just don't want it to fade into oblivion. I doubt it will, but a revive would be great.
D&ST has seen many members come and go under the same format. The site Doesnt need changed. Some members need to change their perseption of it tho.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5196|Sydney
I seriously doubt the site is going to "fade into oblivion" any time soon. But if you make a whole heap of changes that pisses off the regular (and long time) members, it will probably help contribute to its demise.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5376|London, England

Jaekus wrote:

I seriously doubt the site is going to "fade into oblivion" any time soon. But if you make a whole heap of changes that pisses off the regular (and long time) members, it will probably help contribute to its demise.
Of course it will. The approval process for new members is like a week. That shit needs to change. I'd rather deal with the occasional spammer than watch possibly good posters get fed up and disappear after their 'application' isn't looked at by a mod for days at a time.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
pace51
Boom?
+194|5191|Markham, Ontario

JohnG@lt wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Of course it will. The approval process for new members is like a week. That shit needs to change. I'd rather deal with the occasional spammer than watch possibly good posters get fed up and disappear after their 'application' isn't looked at by a mod for days at a time.
Actually, just hire a new mod or someone willing to devote most of their time to the "member approving" thread, to make it quicker. Yes, with only one mod doing the approving or rejecting, mistakes may be made, and spammers may get through, but it'll speed it up by a heck of a lot.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5376|London, England

pace51 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Actually, just hire a new mod or someone willing to devote most of their time to the "member approving" thread, to make it quicker. Yes, with only one mod doing the approving or rejecting, mistakes may be made, and spammers may get through, but it'll speed it up by a heck of a lot.
Why is your solution always to add more administration and more rules? Do you live in abject terror that you will be called out for posting stupidity in this forum? If that's what you fear, perhaps you should write more well thought out posts instead of pretending you have any clue what the subject material means. There's a very good reason that there have been multiple replies in this very thread asking you to leave DST (in not so many words in some cases).
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
pace51
Boom?

JohnG@lt wrote:

pace51 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Why is your solution always to add more administration and more rules? Do you live in abject terror that you will be called out for posting stupidity in this forum? If that's what you fear, perhaps you should write more well thought out posts instead of pretending you have any clue what the subject material means. There's a very good reason that there have been multiple replies in this very thread asking you to leave DST (in not so many words in some cases).
I have no fear of being called out. Alright, I'll research more.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6518|so randum

JohnG@lt wrote:

pace51 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

none of that really, he's just trying to curry favour.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
eleven bravo
+1,399|5277|foggy bottom
why do you guys keep giving pace so much attention?
Tu Stultus Es
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6702|United States of America
Progress Report: anyone seeing any changes?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Me neither
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6724|67.222.138.85
I am getting the impression from the latter two thirds of this thread that people don't want change.
pace51
Boom?
Everyone's realizing that everything they wanted changed actually wouldn't change anything. I want change... no one else though.
Jaekus
+957|5196|Sydney

JohnG@lt wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I don't think it's a week, maybe a couple days at most (it was for me anyway).
jord
+2,382|6696|The North, beyond the wall.
I don't think there's too many potential new members anyway. Id wager half the members on 200 days or less are 2nd accounts.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6755|Oxferd Ohire
or they come here for one times problems.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6123|eXtreme to the maX

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I am getting the impression from the latter two thirds of this thread that people don't want change.
Just thorough and even-handed enforcement of the rules, plus some visibility of whats happening - eg the 'Post deleted - Flaming/Spam/LOLCats' sort of thing, without being smacktards about it....
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6724|67.222.138.85
Maybe experiment with some more visible mod action, but I think it might do more harm than good. We'll see I suppose.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6828|Nårvei

jord wrote:

I don't think there's too many potential new members anyway. Id wager half the members on 200 days or less are 2nd accounts.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6828|Nårvei

JohnG@lt wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Just because you didn't get you duplicate account approved during your ban doesn't mean it takes a week to approve new members ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Jaekus
+957|5196|Sydney
I'm not sure if there are many new members. I'm probably one of the newest to the forums but I've been visiting BF2s for years.
Have there actually been many new members in, say, the past 6 months?

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-06-11 02:15:56)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5255|Cleveland, Ohio

Dilbert_X wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Just thorough and even-handed enforcement of the rules, plus some visibility of whats happening - eg the 'Post deleted - Flaming/Spam/LOLCats' sort of thing, without being smacktards about it....
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6692|Canberra, AUS

11 Bravo wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Can't argue with that.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6123|eXtreme to the maX
Wow, I didn't know Jefferson couldn't spell.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6515

ha! Jefferson accidentally a letter . . .
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6672

That's because his slave wrote it for him.

And we need a dedicated science threadsection. I want to be like pace and make a thoughtless thread titled "Who's Your Favorite Inventor?"

e: not thread, section

Last edited by mtb0minime (2010-06-14 00:27:57)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5255|Cleveland, Ohio
good job

oh wait

fail

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-06-30 12:48:15)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard