FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6518|so randum
Seriously pace you have no idea what youre talking about,in a thread devoted to fixing a section you havnt polluted yet with your innane bullshit yet. please shut up. samtheman would be a better person to comment on this issue.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6017|Vortex Ring State

FatherTed wrote:

Seriously pace you have no idea what youre talking about,in a thread devoted to fixing a section you havnt polluted yet with your innane bullshit yet. please shut up. samtheman would be a better person to comment on this issue.
tbh he's right, your reports probably would not be as accurate, as you have not been around long enough to know who flames seriously and who dosen't
13rin
+977|6497

Trotskygrad wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

tbh he's right, your reports probably would not be as accurate, as you have not been around long enough to know who flames seriously and who dosen't
I tried to tell the kid that a page ago.  Since then, he made 4 of the ten lasts posts.  He doesn't get it.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6515

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

I tried to tell the kid that a page ago.  Since then, he made 4 of the ten lasts posts.  He doesn't get it.
it was one day, 2 hours ago DB [ see your karma]
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Oh please, you do not need to be a part of this forum for more than an hour to read and see who is who and what is what. there is no special right of passage in this forum to post an opinion on anything.
jord
+2,382|6696|The North, beyond the wall.
Its still annoying.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6515

lowing wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Oh please, you do not need to be a part of this forum for more than an hour to read and see who is who and what is what. there is no special right of passage in this forum to post an opinion on anything.
so, one hour membership and someone can come in and recommend wholesale changes, and be able to discern who's trolling, who's flaming and what needs to be done to fix everything?

JahManRed and Spark have posted about

a) respect, and
b) enforce rules already in place.

personally, i don't see one without the other, or a better course to encourage honest, open debate/serious talk. no new rules change will provide it.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

burnzz wrote:

lowing wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

so, one hour membership and someone can come in and recommend wholesale changes, and be able to discern who's trolling, who's flaming and what needs to be done to fix everything?

a) respect, and

personally, i don't see one without the other, or a better course to encourage honest, open debate/serious talk. no new rules change will provide it.
one hour and someone can come on here an post whatever the hell they want. if you do not like it, don't read it, ignore it, or respond to it. Either way, telling him he has no voice because he does not have any street cred in this forum in your eyes is ridiculous.

I don't care what someone offers as a suggestion, if it is a good idea it is a good idea, regardless of time in this forum. Plenty of forum vets with some shitty ideas, are you willing to accept them because of their longevity here? I doubt it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6124|eXtreme to the maX

burnzz wrote:

Thats democracy.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6171|what

Honestly, pace has been here a lot longer than you guys give him credit for...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
13/f/taiwan
+940|5717

AussieReaper wrote:

Honestly, pace has been here a lot longer than you guys give him credit for...
It's Flaming_Maniac's alter-ego.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6515

burnzz wrote:

a) respect, and

lowing wrote:

one hour and someone can come on here an post whatever the hell they want. if you do not like it, don't read it, ignore it, or respond to it. Either way, telling him he has no voice because he does not have any street cred in this forum in your eyes is ridiculous.

I don't care what someone offers as a suggestion, if it is a good idea it is a good idea, regardless of time in this forum. Plenty of forum vets with some shitty ideas, are you willing to accept them because of their longevity here? I doubt it.
the second part of what i wrote is relevant to the OP - i don't think an admin, mod, member, or guest could improve on a couple of suggestions already given.

my point sir is that there are no shortcuts, no magical cures, no amount of time spent here that would improve Debate and Serious Talk without
a) respect, and

your mythical one hour wonder poster is entitled to ideas, all day long - without those points this forums going nowhere. except where it is right now . . .
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

burnzz wrote:

burnzz wrote:

a) respect, and

lowing wrote:

the second part of what i wrote is relevant to the OP - i don't think an admin, mod, member, or guest could improve on a couple of suggestions already given.

my point sir is that there are no shortcuts, no magical cures, no amount of time spent here that would improve Debate and Serious Talk without
a) respect, and

your mythical one hour wonder poster is entitled to ideas, all day long - without those points this forums going nowhere. except where it is right now . . .
then do not dismiss him because he hasn't been here asl ong as you think he should have.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6515

lowing wrote:

then do not dismiss him because he hasn't been here asl ong as you think he should have.
i dismiss him for his incessant call to change these forums, without the inclusion for what was once here before him - and lowing, knowing that you have been following this thread, i would remind you that i am not one denouncing his lack of days registered, i denounce his desire to create and modify rules and post where and as he will with no regard to the terms of membership we each agreed to when we registered for this site.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5196|Sydney
I think people would have less of an issue with pace's posts itt if he actually engaged in other discussions in DST.
At the moment people see this guy who doesn't take an active role in any of the discussions here and yet is putting forward a whole bunch of changes  like he's an expert in the forum. It doesn't wash too well.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6693|Canberra, AUS
That's a good point.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
pace51
Boom?
+194|5191|Markham, Ontario

burnzz wrote:

lowing wrote:

i dismiss him for his incessant call to change these forums, without the inclusion for what was once here before him - and lowing, knowing that you have been following this thread, i would remind you that i am not one denouncing his lack of days registered, i denounce his desire to create and modify rules and post where and as he will with no regard to the terms of membership we each agreed to when we registered for this site.
Thank you for finally giving me feedback I can work with burnzz. And maybe I should debate more... Alright. I will. Be prepared for walls of well-intentioned back-and-forth boredom (Debates).
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6515

i don't give a fuck if you debate more. you think more of this

https://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6219/internetargumentu.jpg

is going to fix things?

i care about the forum, some of the people that have left, some that are here, and the world-wide friendships i've made. you want to be able to hit the report button to

pace51 wrote:

If so, feature requests would be made obsolete. This would let us request fetures without members derailing the threads.
you want to be able post "Real World Facts about everything" everywhere - in each sub-forum, in everyone's face.
you want to re-make BF2s.com in your own image, instead of accepting what is already here.

well, D&ST regulars, i give you pace51 - he's left the best for last, apparently . . .
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6518|so randum
Dst regulars probably missed the multiple shitstorms hes caused in ee in his short time here, this is not someone you want involved in dst
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5255|Cleveland, Ohio

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

some of us would like to talk about things without massive quote trees.
But at the same time, you can't punish those who do, and because
what about for those of us who would like to discuss a topic without wandering thru piles of lowing vs euro goons shit?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

11 Bravo wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

some of us would like to talk about things without massive quote trees.
what about for those of us who would like to discuss a topic without wandering thru piles of lowing vs euro goons shit?
cant blame me, I am not the one doing the piling on.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5255|Cleveland, Ohio

lowing wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

cant blame me, I am not the one doing the piling on.
i know that.  most people with some sort of brain can see that.  just saying.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6518|so randum
I rather like talking with you lowing, i just wish you were slightly more flexible :p
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

FatherTed wrote:

I rather like talking with you lowing, i just wish you were slightly more flexible :p
and what fun would that be? 
pace51
Boom?
+194|5191|Markham, Ontario

burnzz wrote:

i don't give a fuck if you debate more. you think more of this

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6219 … umentu.jpg

is going to fix things?

i care about the forum, some of the people that have left, some that are here, and the world-wide friendships i've made. you want to be able to hit the report button to

pace51 wrote:

If so, feature requests would be made obsolete. This would let us request fetures without members derailing the threads.
you want to be able post "Real World Facts about everything" everywhere - in each sub-forum, in everyone's face.
you want to re-make BF2s.com in your own image, instead of accepting what is already here.

well, D&ST regulars, i give you pace51 - he's left the best for last, apparently . . .
Aactually, I do not wish to make the site in "my own image". I just want to help out and contribute. I don't want to put RWF everywhere. I accept how the site is, I just don't want it to fade into oblivion. I doubt it will, but a revive would be great.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard