signa
~~~~~
+50|6727|Michigan, USA
I havent signed up there, didnt really see a need to.

hmm Adobe Photoshop Express.  <- that sounds sweet. does it work well?
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
I have it installed but have never used it... It's just one of those apps
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5997|The Mitten
So..... yea. Still on 1.6.
EE (hats
GR34
+215|6543|ALBERTA> CANADA
WP7 or Android

FFLink wrote:

I have it installed but have never used it... It's just one of those apps
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

Kmar wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Thanks.. ill give it a try. The phone came with swype installed. It works surprisingly well.. but I still like picking my finger up. The droid x is a bigger then average phone and I think that is the problem. I am so used to the space bar being closer with io4. That keyboard extends to where the period is.
You can type on Swype like a normal keyboard, too...
Still no point in running it if i absolutely know I'll never use it.
I hate swype. It's like cursive, I'm sure it's faster to use it but it's not worth the hassle
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

Poseidon wrote:

Out of curiosity, how much is a Droid plan with unlimited data per month for you guys?

I'm debating switching from my iPhone 4.
I pay $70 a month with T-Mobile ($162 a month for two lines after taxes with 450 minutes, free weekends/nights and to other t-mobile users). Verizon is $80 a month. Sprint is $70.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-11-29 21:39:08)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

signa wrote:

I havent signed up there, didnt really see a need to.

hmm Adobe Photoshop Express.  <- that sounds sweet. does it work well?
I think it's more useful if you are just starting on your phone and you are exploring apps. It's pretty cool to just go down a list and click install, uninstall, install, uninstall, install, uninstall, install, uninstall, install, uninstall, install, uninstall, .. and have it all done at once when you hit sync. I prefer managing my apps on my lappy rather than my phone.

Photoshop express.. lets just say its farrr from anything resembling PS. Do not recommend. I'm updating apps and removing some as we speak. I'll have a much better list soon. ... after ive spent a good amount of time with them.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

JohnG@lt wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Out of curiosity, how much is a Droid plan with unlimited data per month for you guys?

I pay $70 a month with T-Mobile ($162 a month for two lines after taxes with 450 minutes, free weekends/nights and to other t-mobile users). Verizon is $80 a month. Sprint is $70.
We have three phones with unlimited data, text, and voice.. $180 (after all of the fees). We've been grandfathered in from GTE>Alltel>Verizon. The only reason it took me so long to upgrade was because we did not want to sign a new plan. Well, Verizon just had their "loyalty" sale which allowed us to upgrade but keep our existing plan.

Adding unlimited data to Verizon is 29.95. Verizon offers a true unlimited Data plan also. I don't know if ATT is still doing it, but their data plans were actually capped at 6gb. Talk about misleading eh? Also take note that when they say they cover 92% of Americans it means that they are licensed to cover 92% of Americans. That doesn't mean they will provide service to all of them.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
Wow, shit costs a lot in the US.

I pay £35 here for unlimited texts, unlimited data and 600 minutes, plus the phone was free.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6737|Toronto | Canada

...I pay $65 for 500MB of data, unlimited texts, unlimited calling to 10 people and 100 local minutes.  And I paid $200 for the phone when I had a "free upgrade".

Kmar wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

We have three phones with unlimited data, text, and voice.. $180 (after all of the fees). We've been grandfathered in from GTE>Alltel>Verizon. The only reason it took me so long to upgrade was because we did not want to sign a new plan. Well, Verizon just had their "loyalty" sale which allowed us to upgrade but keep our existing plan.

Adding unlimited data to Verizon is 29.95. Verizon offers a true unlimited Data plan also. I don't know if ATT is still doing it, but their data plans were actually capped at 6gb. Talk about misleading eh? Also take note that when they say they cover 92% of Americans it means that they are licensed to cover 92% of Americans. That doesn't mean they will provide service to all of them.
yes!! i got capped!! i was streaming radio over the 3g Alot. so,  AT&T started charging me international rates for data usage - why i switched to verizon - besides the iphones having shit for coverage in my new area.
kmar i don't understand your karma but i was just saying photoshop express is one of those apps i just never use. but it's installed! lol
Benzin
+576|5996
Just did a factory reset and wiped the SD card on my HTC Magic. Lightning quick now. Let's see how good it is once I start reinstalling my essential apps.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Winston_Churchill wrote:

...I pay $65 for 500MB of data, unlimited texts, unlimited calling to 10 people and 100 local minutes.  And I paid $200 for the phone when I had a "free upgrade".
I pay about the same .. but there are taxes and fees tacked on. Unlimited data .. and free calling to everyone. I think Verizon offers free calling to 10 people no matter what your plan.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

Kmar wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

I pay about the same .. but there are taxes and fees tacked on. Unlimited data .. and free calling to everyone. I think Verizon offers free calling to 10 people no matter what your plan.
and free Verizon to Verizon
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6737|Toronto | Canada

Kmar wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Yeah, thats way better than my plan.  And you can call anywhere in the states without long distance charges right?  Once its more than about 1hr away its long distance here...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

jsnipy wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

yea, make sure you ask your friends what network they are on so you dont add them to your list of ten..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
related

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

Kmar wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Kmar wrote:

yea, make sure you ask your friends what network they are on so you dont add them to your list of ten..lol
you know ive never set that up, might add google voice numbers to that list
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6566|Mountains of NC

is there an app for android that will elimate apps that are pre-installed

I've got like 30 pre-installed apps and I need to take off like 7 of them

( I've accessed the setting and theres no option for deleting apps )
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

SEREMAKER wrote:

is there an app for android that will elimate apps that are pre-installed

I've got like 30 pre-installed apps and I need to take off like 7 of them

( I've accessed the setting and theres no option for deleting apps )
you have to root first the use something like "System App Uninstaller" to remove them. I used unrevoked to root ... http://unrevoked.com/ (htc incredible)

Yeah Verizon any puts junk on there. Like thier "Verizon Vcast app store" ... delete
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

mines through US Cellular - Samsung Mezmorize ..... which is the Samsung Fascinate through Verizon

its got junk on there like myspace app, 5 different email apps
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

SEREMAKER wrote:

mines through US Cellular - Samsung Mezmorize ..... which is the Samsung Fascinate through Verizon

its got junk on there like myspace app, 5 different email apps
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682

Once you root it allows you to give super user permissions to apps like the system uninstaller.

Read carefully
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

awsmn thanks
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

There is finally an official google reader app.
http://www.appbrain.com/app/google-read … pps.reader
This is awesome. I use reader to stream everything that I enjoy reading or listening to (podcast). Such a time saver. Better than checking a bunch of websites daily.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard