Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

pace51 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Moons are not in outer space. Outer space is what is between them.
Sorry?

Kmarion wrote:

An outer space fact would not include moons.
Outer space is space, guys. Sorry, Kmarion.
Outer space (often simply called space) is the void that exists beyond any celestial body including the Earth.

Hence the meaning of "outer".
Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

No, outer space is space, but I see what you're getting at. Since civilization is currently confined to Earth, when you're talking about 'celestial bodies' apart from Earth, it's safe to colloquially say that you're talking about space facts or, in this case, objects that reside in space.

What you are doing is atrocious nitpicking.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5181|Markham, Ontario

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

No, outer space is space, but I see what you're getting at. Since civilization is currently confined to Earth, when you're talking about 'celestial bodies' apart from Earth, it's safe to colloquially say that you're talking about space facts or, in this case, objects that reside in space.

You know what argument I'd like to see? FM verses lowing. It would never end and probably get stickied. Hell, it'd get its own sub-forum.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

pace51 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

You know what argument I'd like to see? FM verses lowing. It would never end and probably get stickied. Hell, it'd get its own sub-forum.
Way to derail your own thread.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5181|Markham, Ontario
A sub forum in SPACE.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I'm trying to help the guy. If this is a facts thread lets be factual. Unoccupied space is outer space. It has nothing to do with civilization. Yes outer space is space.. the variety of space is outer .. savvy?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Kmarion wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I'm trying to help the guy. If this is a facts thread lets be factual. Unoccupied space is outer space. It has nothing to do with civilization. Yes outer space is space.. the variety of space is outer .. savvy?
Not really. First, space is not a perfect vacuum. Second, objects within space, from nebulae to moons to specks of dust are relevant game within a topic about space. There is no distinction between space and outer space other than decorative wording. The title gets the point across, even if you are just trying to tease the guy.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-06-02 15:54:54)

bennisboy
+829|6654|Poundland
kmar, why the fuck did you bump this?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6679|UK
he's a NASA nut
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

The word outer space is a description of what is between celestial bodies. It is what you travel to to get to other celestial bodies. It is not attempting to describe civilization or perfect vacuums. You do know what a celestial body is right?
Second, objects within space, from nebulae to moons to specks of dust are relevant game within a topic about space.
Right. But the topic did not use the word "space".
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

m3thod wrote:

he's a NASA nut
leave my nuts out of this.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Kmarion wrote:

m3thod wrote:

he's a NASA nut
leave my nuts out of this.
Might we inquire as to what kind of nuts they are? Macadamia?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard