phishsux
­
+131|5147

illExtend wrote:

Haha wow I've come to the conclusion that this forum is home to the biggest bitches I have ever seen.  "Oh my goodness that is dangerous, stay home and talk to us on bf2s all day!" Grow a set.
well when youve seen 2 peoples lives taken on a bike by some idiot who doesnt know how to drive, it kind of changes your opinion about them

keep thinkin riding a bike makes you a bad ass or whatever, though, tool
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6541|South Florida

phishsux wrote:

illExtend wrote:

Haha wow I've come to the conclusion that this forum is home to the biggest bitches I have ever seen.  "Oh my goodness that is dangerous, stay home and talk to us on bf2s all day!" Grow a set.
well when youve seen 2 peoples lives taken on a bike by some idiot who doesnt know how to drive, it kind of changes your opinion about them

not to argue safety, but i know more people who've lost there lives in cars
15 more years! 15 more years!
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6489|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Mitch wrote:

phishsux wrote:

illExtend wrote:

Ditto. And thumbs up for taking that course.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6484

Mitch wrote:

phishsux wrote:

illExtend wrote:

Cars are like 20 times more popular that bikes.

For many reasons that would take me too long to list.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6381|California
good luck mitch, i'm planning on getting a job when i move this summer and make enough to get me a bike
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5766|شمال
looks sexy!
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6527|Gold Coast
Shit. Thats nice.

Ive been meaning to get my motorbike licence. Need to get Ls, sit on that for 6 months. Then take a course test thing. However on the learners I can only ride up to 125 cc bikes, which is somewhat limiting.

Anyway, kick ass.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6302|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Mitch wrote:

phishsux wrote:

Cars are like 20 times more popular that bikes.

For many reasons that would take me too long to list.
#1 beeing practicality
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6689|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I was dead excited Mitch, then the pictures loaded bit by bit revealing a Motorbike.

Mate, be careful with it.  Sorry to sound like and old fart but thats what I am.

Never ride faster than what Angels can fly
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6541|South Florida

1927 wrote:

I was dead excited Mitch, then the pictures loaded bit by bit revealing a Motorbike.

Mate, be careful with it.  Sorry to sound like and old fart but thats what I am.

can angels do like 65-70 cause thats prob all im going to do on this thing
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6513

good luck mitch, have fun
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6689|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Mitch wrote:

1927 wrote:

Dunno but aint all motorbikes fucking fast like?  Just be careful mate.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6665

It's more other drivers that you've gotta watch out for. Everyone I know whose been in a motorcycle accident has had it because some fucktard didn't see them.
phishsux
­
+131|5147
yep, thats how my friend died and also how another friends dad died. too many idiots on the road to risk driving one of those things
pace51
Boom?
+194|5189|Markham, Ontario

ghettoperson wrote:

It's more other drivers that you've gotta watch out for. Everyone I know whose been in a motorcycle accident has had it because some fucktard didn't see them.
Replace motorcycle with vehicle.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6541|South Florida

1927 wrote:

Mitch wrote:

1927 wrote:

Dunno but aint all motorbikes fucking fast like?  Just be careful mate.
top speed of the 250 is only like 110-115 afaik
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6486
lost 2 cousins in south-africa on their massive roads, stupidly fast

that said, my dad and uncle have always had ducatis, motoguzzis, racing-tuned bikes etc. and never any accidents

so just be road-smarts

be safe with that it, mitchy-boy. it's more than a toy.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
13rin
+977|6495
As a first bike I'd get a cruiser like a Shadow.  Either way I'd take the rider course.

3 Protips: 
When breaking use about 70% front 30% rear.  However no front brakes during a turn... EVER.  Always be looking around -this includes the road.  Gravel or sand will ruin your day. 

60-75mph will kill you just the same as 180 or 35mph.  My bike is capable of warp speed.  Does that mean I ride it like I'm on a runway?  Fuck no (actually have to first get the suspension tuned before I go to a track day).  A track though. 

Finally, cars go fast too.  Avoid them at all costs.  You on the road must pay attention to other drivers -they're the dumbest sums-a-bitches out there.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6758|London

Uzique wrote:

that said, my dad and uncle have always had ducatis, motoguzzis, racing-tuned bikes etc. and never any accidents

so just be road-smarts

a co-worker was driving a van with a bunch of equipment in south africa a few weeks ago, he got pulled over by the police

at least, he thought it was the police

he got out of the car and these guys from the police car come up to him and put a gun to his head and unload all the stuff he has in the van, then drive off

when he got back to his office his boss gave him a bollocking for stopping... he was apparently supposed to keep driving until he got to a police station?!

w t f
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6486

Dauntless wrote:

Uzique wrote:

so just be road-smarts

a co-worker was driving a van with a bunch of equipment in south africa a few weeks ago, he got pulled over by the police

at least, he thought it was the police

he got out of the car and these guys from the police car come up to him and put a gun to his head and unload all the stuff he has in the van, then drive off

when he got back to his office his boss gave him a bollocking for stopping... he was apparently supposed to keep driving until he got to a police station?!

w t f
mate south africa is like that

my auntie there owns a big estate and bigs it up with a bunch of old colonial-apartheid era white folks... one of them ran a small local lottery-fund, you know as like a community entertainment/charity thing. bunch of black people followed his car home from work and shot him in the head on his driveway, thinking that he'd for some reason be keeping lottery money on his person or in his car... :s

also all the big houses over there have electric-fenses/barb-wire perimeters, mega amounts of security... the lot. im sure you've seen the videos of car-security systems with flamethrowers tucked underneath the chassis. carjacking and racially-motivated crime out there is still huge; not a lot has really changed since the apartheid. law-officials won't do shit about it, lots of mob-justice and whatnot. beautiful country, beautiful people too for the most part... but mad social problems. i would never wanna be driving in south africa. in fact, one of my cousins was killed on his bike because he went around a blind-corner on an empty, main-road and went head-first into the trailer of a giant articulated lorry that was U-Turning (!!!) in the road. think of a big freighter doing a three-point turn on one of our dual carriageways. fucking mental.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6489|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Oh, and don't molest your Kawasaki like this asshole did.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=ShervinRRR#page=0

Jesus christ my eyes hurt..
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6235|Phoenix, AZ
It's a 250, it tops out at what like 112mph. Not that dangerous @ people saying death.

You will either get VERY bored with that engine, or you will be very happy with it.

I hope you got it used through craigslist. For another $1k you coulda gotten an 06 gsxr 600... 600's are borderline too fast. A 750 like mine will go fast enough for you to fall off from the acceleration, a 600 is RIGHT below that point.

Rock a helmet. Always pay attention, always have an escape plan if that car next to you changes into your lane, or if the car ahead of you suddenly stops.

https://i48.tinypic.com/2udusz8.jpg

I ordered some mirrors for mine but theres some mixup at the place i ordered them from, next up is gold pazzo levers and were good
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6235|Phoenix, AZ

mtb0minime wrote:

burnzz wrote:

this reminds me of GodFather's story . . .
Note to Mitch: carry extra pocket cash to bribe the cops and park rangers.
lol yeah

That was a 1300cc, hes on a 250cc

I'm still riding though, no accidents. Police said it wasn't my fault btw

My dads riding a Hayabusa now

Getting into summer now, so the highs and lows are going to be pretty drastic which means some high winds...

I probably wont be riding much until the highs and lows even out.

Seeee what I learned bf2s?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6486
godfather: his 250cc only tops out at 122mph so that's "not death" worthy?

you can die at 20-30mph on a bike if you crash the right way

just because it's not a fast-accelerating, high-performance beast of a bike

doesn't mean a dumb driver wont pull out and cause you to jacknife going at reasonable speeds

bikes are death-traps compared to cars, simple fact. just by design. you're vulnerable and susceptible to other's stupidity, period.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6670

Uzique wrote:

susceptible to other's stupidity, period.
That's the biggest thing to note right there.

One of my friends was looking at cars recently and I asked him if he checked out the safety features. His response: "Meh I don't worry about that so much, I'm a good driver."
/facepalm.gif Doesn't mean other people are good drivers, too, though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard