baggs
+732|6174
I don't like my netbook so the store are going to give me money back, i'm willing to spend more. Perhaps up to £550 as i'm selling my desktop now.

Any sure fire suggestions?

Must be:

Slim, light, moderately poweful (not being used for games), good screen, nice finish and not too big. 14" would be ideal, yes Uzi i've considered a MacBook, i'm just giving it further thought.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

MacBook air. Very slim, very light... not very powerful
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

We did warn you not to get a netbook.

14" Dell Latitude or Lenovo.  These will take a lot of abuse.

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-05-13 16:41:41)

King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
So why do you not like your netbook?

If you're selling your desktop I would consider a 16".
baggs
+732|6174

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

So why do you not like your netbook?

If you're selling your desktop I would consider a 16".
16" is too big and clumsy, i need portability. I like the netbook for a few reasons but also dislike it for a few more, i liked the convenience of it but its just a lot slower than i ever expected. I did think in this terribly modern age that i could buy a netbook for £300 and it would play browser based flash games and even 720 video, i wasn't expecting it super smooth but it's bad to the point its unwatchable.

The guy at the store i bought it from assured me this particular model would be fine, someone at another store also assured me the same.

So i was thinking maybe:

Acer 4180 Timeline

Acer 1410T
Benzin
+576|5968
Do not buy Acer, for the love of God do not buy an Acer...

If you can afford it, look into the Sony Vaio TZ laptops. They're awesome, light, and you have a plethora of options. Do not get the Macbook Air. You have ONE USB port. Just one. I don't know about you, but I need at least 3-4 on any computer I use.
baggs
+732|6174
£530 is really the bar on this one mate, if i did exceed that i'll buy a MacBook and nothing else.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

MacBook is your answer ... comes in 13" or 15"
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
baggs
+732|6174

Varegg wrote:

If i could really afford £800 now, i would have one. Thats the big problem, £800.

I just want something with a 13/14" screen that'll handle, with ease, 720p, flash, itunes, playing music and not drag its heels. I should be able to manage that for £400-£500 right?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

baggs wrote:

Varegg wrote:

If i could really afford £800 now, i would have one. Thats the big problem, £800.

I just want something with a 13/14" screen that'll handle, with ease, 720p, flash, itunes, playing music and not drag its heels. I should be able to manage that for £400-£500 right?
Then the new HPs are what you are looking for, they are cheap, reliable enough and does what you're after ... from around £300/350 - 500 you should get a good one ... prices vary much and there's always atleast one at a bargain price ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Varegg wrote:

baggs wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Then the new HPs are what you are looking for, they are cheap, reliable enough and does what you're after ... from around £300/350 - 500 you should get a good one ... prices vary much and there's always atleast one at a bargain price ...
Something on the HP will fail one day after warranty.
baggs
+732|6174
anything seriousley wrong with this Acer

Yeah i know you said stay away Nismo but it's right in the lower part of the price bracket. Can i really do better for £400??
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6100|Carnoustie MASSIF
How much are laptops with i5's starting at?
baggs
+732|6174

CammRobb wrote:

too much really and they are like bricks, i need ultra portable, i bought the Acer.

I really like it so far.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
Processor    Intel® Pentium® Processor SU4100
- 1.3 GHz
- 800 MHz FSB
- 2 MB L2 cache

Am I reading this right?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
baggs
+732|6174

Finray wrote:

Processor    Intel® Pentium® Processor SU4100
- 1.3 GHz
- 800 MHz FSB
- 2 MB L2 cache

Am I reading this right?
Yeah, its dual core. i've been using it for a few hours and it does everything i want perfectly and fast.
phishsux
­
+131|5102

baggs wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

too much really and they are like bricks, i need ultra portable, i bought the Acer.

I really like it so far.
enjoy it while it lasts. return it if you can, seriously. acers are absolute shit
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

phishsux wrote:

baggs wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

I really like it so far.
enjoy it while it lasts. return it if you can, seriously. acers are absolute shit
Yeah, get an iPad instead
baggs
+732|6174

phishsux wrote:

baggs wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

I really like it so far.
your input is appreciated, will let you know how i get on.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard