Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
You can now easily craft all the new community weapons, as well as the Gunboats. You could only previously get these items by waiting for the drop system to give them to you. Hurrah!

Due to the system sucking terribly, and the complete lack of ways of getting the latest weapons, the crafting system appears to have been changed. So far SPUF has discovered the following:

2 weapons = scrap metal.
3 weapons = token.

Unique crafts:
Kritzkrieg + Bonk! = Crit-a-Cola (Just did it, got my crit-a-cola )
Charge 'n Targe + Razorback = Gunboats
Sanvich + Bonk! = Dakolah's Bar
Equalizer + Eyelander = Homewrecker
Sandman + Scrap Metal = Pain Train
Batter's Helmet + 2 Bonks! = Bonk Helmet

As a result of the changes a random hat now requires 52 items, and a class specific one requires 75.

Putting a refined metal or reclaimed metal into the crafting box and hitting craft will give you the 3 scraps/reclaimed back.

SPUF thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s … ?t=1265946

Edit: Added Pain Train blueprint.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-05-13 01:49:55)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6459
I think they're making it a little too easy to get hats.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
Well since you get a max of about 7 items a week now before you reach your hard coded limit, I hardly think so.
Kez
+778|5694|London, UK

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

good
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5990|Vortex Ring State
what are these new items?
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6147|Vancouver | Canada
Oh...I thought it was a glitch and quickly tried to craft everything I had.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6586|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

I've only gotten one hat so far, and that was because i dominated someone that was wearing that ghastly hat.
Kez
+778|5694|London, UK
managed to get 3 reclaimed metal, got a brigade helm, crafted with a soldier's stash

and got a fucking prussian picklewhateverthefuckitis

i hate crafting, all i want is my cnd back
Trotskygrad
бля

Kez wrote:

managed to get 3 reclaimed metal, got a brigade helm, crafted with a soldier's stash

cnd?

I want my huntsman back, >
Trotskygrad
бля
3 tokens - 1 reclaimed metal
Kez
+778|5694|London, UK

Trotskygrad wrote:

Kez wrote:

cnd?

cloak and dagger
Trotskygrad
бля

Kez wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Kez wrote:

cnd?

cloak and dagger
Oh, I would hate to lose that too.
Kez
+778|5694|London, UK
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS found a Cloak and Dagger

i pwomise never ever never to craft you ever again <3
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
I havent had a CnD for months. Since I've been away for a few days though I'll be due some item drops so maybe I'll get one. I want the new shiv or skullcutter  a lot more though.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-05-30 08:46:47)

Kez
+778|5694|London, UK
is there an item cap? I havent really noticed, im finally getting items where i never used to months ago when the system first came out
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
Yeah. Resets every Wednesday midnight (so Thurs), and then you seem get 6 (+-2). Last week me and Lucien had a few games on Thursday, and Friday, and then that was it. No items for the rest of the week, and not even a chance of getting the new community items. It was quite annoying seeing everybody else get them all week.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Cloak and Dagger is for faggots who crouch-walk around being useless.

True story.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6586|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

DefCon-17 wrote:

Cloak and Dagger is for faggots who crouch-walk around being useless.

True story.
https://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/avatars/b0/b0ae7a55dedb7bff00e2c33eed83f9c440130d97_full.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
He's right. It's one of the worst additions to the game. People who play Spy are often just wasting a player slot on the server anyway, and then they introduce a weapon that actually encourages them to do nothing.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6277|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I get massive ragefits when I've CND'd through the entire enemy team, only to have someone pop a random shot revealing me :<
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

FloppY_ wrote:

I get massive ragefits when I've CND'd through the entire enemy team, only to have someone pop a random shot revealing me :<
If it takes you longer to get behind the enemy team than your default cloak lasts, you're either playing on 32 player servers (lol), or doing it wrong.

Especially since you can replenish your cloak with ammo packs.
Trotskygrad
бля

DefCon-17 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

If it takes you longer to get behind the enemy team than your default cloak lasts, you're either playing on 32 player servers (lol), or doing it wrong.

CND is a piece of crap tbh. Although it can make taking out lone sentry nests solo easier, it sucks for serious spy work.

And anyone who crouch walks is a idiot, it drains regardless of speed, so it takes as long crouch walking as it does running.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5779|Catherine Black

Trotskygrad wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

CND is a piece of crap tbh. Although it can make taking out lone sentry nests solo easier, it sucks for serious spy work.

And anyone who crouch walks is a idiot, it drains regardless of speed, so it takes as long crouch walking as it does running.
But crouch walking is sustainable.. You can pretty much walk without breaks if you crouch.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Finray wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

But crouch walking is sustainable.. You can pretty much walk without breaks if you crouch.
But you'll get to your location slower.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
There is usually so much ammo on a level that you can run around with the standard watch at full speed and have your cloak on the entire time. There is no need for the CnD. All it does is make you extremely slow/do nothing and mean you can't escape if you need to.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard