Poll

Should snipers in SF have a hook rather than a zip?

Yes76%76% - 171
No24%24% - 54
Total: 225
R0lyP0ly
+161|6624|USA
I just think if you need a fast getaway, you have a parachute - just dont pull the cord as soon as you jump. A hook would be much more effective, allowing you to reach higher little "nooks and crannies" to pick off that unsuspecting little guy standing in the middle of the street reloading...
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6716|Houston, TX
I'm reading what you've typed and I want to summarize so I get it right.

You're giving two statements here.

1. If you need to make a fast getaway off a building, jump off but delay the opening of your parachute so you freefall for a while.

2.  The sniper kit should have the grappling hook instead of zip lines, thus allowing snipers to reach new places.  With zip lines, snipers can only reach certain buildings by starting at a building above them.  Where as the Grappling hook would allow access to many other buildings, previously unaccessable to them.

Right?

KJ

PS I'd love to have a grappling hook as a sniper.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6624|USA
mm hmm
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6800|Denver colorado
el mm hmm oh

look. im speaking spanish!!
monkeyboy
+8|6635
I agree. I think the sniper and assault should do a swap. The grappling hook feels more sneaky and stealthy, where as the zip-line is way more obvious and agressive, and suited to the assault. The grappling hook is better for finding a good ambush position, and thats mostly how the sniper (and anti tank) operate.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6730|San Antonio, Texas
Snipers NEED a hook! Not a stupid zip line.
Maj.Do
+85|6722|good old CA
hahaha i love ur sig sniper
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
I agree, I thought about that before you ever did.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Yeah, I've always argued that Snipers should have Grappling hooks. However, Ziplines can be very handy too, especially since a generally unwanted task of a Sniper is having to relocate, which can be made easier and faster by the Zipline, which gives you the chance to setup at another location, and hit the guy in the head who is looking for you where you were before before he can see you moving.

So I'm basicly in two minds about this issue. We should be given a choice.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
JerPistol
+0|6604
the sniper is better with a zipline so he can quickly move half way acroos the mpa or something away from danger (i.e a tank or apc)
but if u need to get higher well u have a whole team and im sure one of them will be happy to help u out
unless your all snipers or spec ops then ur fuked
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
So sad Jer, so sad, you see you can't always rely on your teammates, so next time think before you post.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Yeticus Rex
Destroyer of Penguins
+29|6630|SoCal
Snipers should have....

BOTH!

MuWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
section9
+9|6818|USA

Yeticus Rex wrote:

Snipers should have....

BOTH!

MuWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
My sentiments exactly.
Rhodsie
+0|6569
there should be an option, personally i would rather have a grappling hook. maybe the zipline could be the kind that is electric so you shoot up and it pulls you there. then it would be like a grappling hook + zip line.
Kontrolfreq
+50|6575|Cambridge UK
def agree. A hook for the sniper would suit the skillset far more than the zipline.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6777|Orlando, FL - Age 43

Yeticus Rex wrote:

Snipers should have....

BOTH!

MuWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
My thoughts exactly.
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6684|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs

Yeticus Rex wrote:

Snipers should have....

BOTH!

MuWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
what I was thinking

This way they will be able to come everywhere on the map, whats really handy if your a sniper, real life sniper have to be able to be everywhere on the battlefield and being coverd so whats better than tha uber huge building without a ladder
meowmix4jo
+5|6555
lol your teammates will never help you...one time i asked my team about 20 times in 1 hour to throw a hook up to a roof for me and they never did...and when they went up to some places and i told em to wait till i got up cus i was climbing up they just picked it up and i fell to my death...NEVER relly on your team...mabey if one of your friends is there you can tell him to do it....but the "electric zip" sounds nice...reminds me of batman
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6625|Westminster, Colorado
I think it should be a spawn time option like choosing a weapon.  All it would take it adding another toggle button to choose zip or grapple.  However, once you spawn you are stuck with that choice until you die/pick up another kit.
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6597|Britain and Damn proud of it!

terrafirma wrote:

I think it should be a spawn time option like choosing a weapon.  All it would take it adding another toggle button to choose zip or grapple.  However, once you spawn you are stuck with that choice until you die/pick up another kit.
Exactly..
xbrandomx
+9|6621

meowmix4jo wrote:

lol your teammates will never help you...one time i asked my team about 20 times in 1 hour to throw a hook up to a roof for me and they never did...and when they went up to some places and i told em to wait till i got up cus i was climbing up they just picked it up and i fell to my death...NEVER relly on your team...mabey if one of your friends is there you can tell him to do it....but the "electric zip" sounds nice...reminds me of batman
so true- almost nobody helps.  I have to join the squad, and VOIP to the guy "HEY, DOUCHEBAG, THROW THE PACK ALREADY"
Cohammer
+61|6509
they need both, i find some parts where a hook would be better
Souljah
+42|6638
i think they didnt give hooks to snipers cause almost all the buildings in sf have ladders. i think the hook was given to assault so they can assault buildings from a different angle rather than using the ladders.
samfink
+31|6526
personally,I think they should have both. and as a matter of fact,spec ops would do better with a hook.the number of times I have been speco ps outside the palace compound and thought " if only I had a grappling hook,I could get over there and destroy the ememy commander assets". and as a matter of fact, why is support the only one without either? surely a grapple at least would be good for them?
R0lyP0ly
+161|6624|USA
excellent...most excellent.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard