Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5473|Ventura, California

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Makes you think, I've never seen a video game that does any more than account for gravity and bullet velocity (even then, they don't count in air resistance) when it comes to external ballistics. What about all the other shit. Imagine all the Sniper fags rage if they made you have to account for wind, humidity, air density and all that shit.
Games as old as Delta Force 2 used wind, and we adjusted just fine.
I miss Novalogic so much.

What have they been up to?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

love it how shifty ignored that post
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6768

Mekstizzle wrote:

I'm the one saying it's probably harder than that especially in real war situations. He's the one talking about being able to see vortexes and shit. Fuck.
Over large distances the spotter will be looking for the vortex to see where the round goes.
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Impressive shooting if it's true.  I'd say it's nearly impossible, at least how it's described in the article.  Shooting cold bore <1moa at 2700 yards with a .338lm that's gone subsonic is nearly impossible.  I'm not sure the AI L115A3 is even capable of 2700 yards.  He must have maxed his elevation and then held over a lot and he may not have had enough FOV at 25X to see the target.
13rin
+977|6479
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Reciprocity

DBBrinson1 wrote:

56 foot curve hit here
A 338LM at 2700 yards would drop between 300 and 400+ feet depending on bullet weight, powder charge, barrel length, barometric pressure, ammunition temperature,  ambient temperature, elevation variances, and other factors.  I'd most like to know if there was a significant elevation variance.  If they were looking down on their targets at a significant angle that would make the shots more plausible.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2010-05-05 20:11:52)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
It drops 600 inches = 50ft at 1800 yards, are you sure it would drop 400 ft at 2700?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Reciprocity
I checked the basic ballistics with JBM.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
Not to mention crosswinds at the distance and altitude =/

That guy was fucking lucky lol.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
did anybody mention the curve of the surface of the earth yet?  well, there ya go
Tu Stultus Es
Reciprocity

eleven bravo wrote:

did anybody mention the curve of the surface of the earth yet?  well, there ya go
lol, don't forget the coriolis effect.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
aurora borealis
Tu Stultus Es
Reciprocity
distracted by the pretty lights?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
munchausen syndrome
Tu Stultus Es
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

eleven bravo wrote:

munchausen syndrome
by proxy.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

-Sh1fty- wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Makes you think, I've never seen a video game that does any more than account for gravity and bullet velocity (even then, they don't count in air resistance) when it comes to external ballistics. What about all the other shit. Imagine all the Sniper fags rage if they made you have to account for wind, humidity, air density and all that shit.
Games as old as Delta Force 2 used wind, and we adjusted just fine.
I miss Novalogic so much.

What have they been up to?
Making shit with 'Xtreme' in the titles and whoring off their old games. Unless the company grows again, I doubt we'll see much else out of them...

Which is too bad, because I'd love to see Armored Fist 4, a Delta Force 2010 (for lack of an idea how to number their fucked up list of sequels; they stopped numbering at 2) and some more fine 'R&D' plane stuff.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I loved Comanche 4, Delta Force Black Hawk Down (and Team Sabre expansion), Delta Force Land Warrior, Delta Force Task Force Dagger and Joint Operations Typhoon Rising.

They made some nice plane games too. Dang I wish they could come back to the playing field. I guess they're going under huh? Would be nice to see Angel Falls come out. I thought it was supposed to be released in late '09 but I guess it got delayed.

They made the best games out there IMO. DICE did great with BF2 but Novalogic really rocked.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2010-05-09 13:34:16)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
Novalogic games were utter shit and they only sold copies to armiemans like -Sh1tfy-
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Novalogic games were utter shit and they only sold copies to armiemans like -Sh1tfy-

You're wrong!

150 player MP games on huge maps!

Very wrong !

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2010-05-09 13:41:29)

SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6107|Birmingham, UK
hey you linked my article
Benzin
+576|5998

liquidat0r wrote:

I don't think I'd want to be named in the press for something like this.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

this post is wrong

DF:BHD was an incredible game
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
DF:BHD was great, its just old hat now, they didn't really move on from that.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
rdx-fx
+955|6591

Reciprocity wrote:

I checked the basic ballistics with JBM.
Same.

Even using a 300gr Lapua scenar round, leaving at 2850 fps, with 120F temps, and 10,000ft altitude - That round is still going subsonic at about 2500m.  It's trans-sonic at 2200m, and accuracy is going to hell with a quickness.

The bullet drop at 2500m (again, assuming above conditions & ammo, which is probably not the case) - 2934 inches (102.5 MOA)

Hitting an 18" wide target at 2500m is 'only' a 3/4MOA shot.  But at that range..  Holy Shit!?!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard