but srs, FA
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6743|Reality

Macbeth wrote:

A marine could do a lot better
they sure can talk to the talk but we haven't seen them walk the walk.
I am sure the USMC Designated Markmen are fine shots.
How many feet of drop would that be? I forget what the article about the Canadian said but it was rather large and his weapon was a .50 cal.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK
Wow, amazing shot, tbh if I was in the army I think sniping is something I would like to aim for, being able to hit targets that others can't is where my personal enjoyment comes in shooting, if I was shit at clay shooting I would have long since given up.
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
+16|5171|Between your mama's legs.
badass
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

You forgot tags

[-Sh1fty-]

Macbeth wrote:

[/-Sh1fty-]
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

Variables must have been spot on for that. Once read about two RM snipers in Iraq who had to shoot a full fifteen metres wide of the target to bring the bullet onto it.

However: Epic shot mate.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
Makes you think, I've never seen a video game that does any more than account for gravity and bullet velocity (even then, they don't count in air resistance) when it comes to external ballistics. What about all the other shit. Imagine all the Sniper fags rage if they made you have to account for wind, humidity, air density and all that shit.
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5997
He lost a lot of points though. Marksman headshot would cash in like over 2000 points.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
props
Tu Stultus Es
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Mekstizzle wrote:

Makes you think, I've never seen a video game that does any more than account for gravity and bullet velocity (even then, they don't count in air resistance) when it comes to external ballistics. What about all the other shit. Imagine all the Sniper fags rage if they made you have to account for wind, humidity, air density and all that shit.
CoD is the worst they don't have anything, not even basic bullet velocity where you would have to lead your target. Except for that one bit in SP where you use the Barret .50 cal and they make you adjust for wind/drop and "Coriolis effect" and you shoot his arm off

Even then the bullet is a nice big tracer so you can see where it's going, imagine in real life it's invisible and you'd barely be able to tell (if you missed) where your shot landed

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-05-05 09:08:26)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5237|Cleveland, Ohio
stop talking to yourself you r tard
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

Mekstizzle wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

CoD is the worst they don't have anything, not even basic bullet velocity where you would have to lead your target. Except for that one bit in SP where you use the Barret .50 cal and they make you adjust for wind/drop and "Coriolis effect" and you shoot his arm off

Even then the bullet is a nice big tracer so you can see where it's going, imagine in real life it's invisible and you'd barely be able to tell (if you missed) where your shot landed
Snipers can actually see the vortex created by the round travelling through the air.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I find that hard to believe, especially in any real scenario like the OP or something
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North

Mekstizzle wrote:

I find that hard to believe, especially in any real scenario like the OP or something
we'll rely on your extensive firearms experience for this

oh wait
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I'm the one saying it's probably harder than that especially in real war situations. He's the one talking about being able to see vortexes and shit. Fuck.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North
on a clear day it's very visible
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
wot about wen its rainin, would you b able 2 c the bullet then liek in the matrix?!??1/11
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

Uzique wrote:

wot about wen its rainin, would you b able 2 c the bullet then liek in the matrix?!??1/11
Only when wearing shades.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California

krazed wrote:

on a clear day it's very visible
I heard something like they can see it if they un-focus their scope or something.

Anyway, amazing shot, hell there isn't even a word for amazing enough for that shit. Imagine all the things that come into play (please tell me what I miss).

- Barrel temperature
- Distance
- Angle
- Humidity
- Resistance of bullet through air
- Wind
- Coriolis effect ?
- Air density? (Like elevation of both targets, less air at higher altitudes)

What am I missing?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
- Skill
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
blood, the shattering of bone, guts spilling out, somebody's mother crying
Tu Stultus Es
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
damn that's the best post ive read in ages
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Macbeth wrote:

I love the Marines too, but don't knock British infantry.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Mekstizzle wrote:

Games as old as Delta Force 2 used wind, and we adjusted just fine.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6518|Montucky

Stubbee wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

they sure can talk to the talk but we haven't seen them walk the walk.
I am sure the USMC Designated Markmen are fine shots.
How many feet of drop would that be? I forget what the article about the Canadian said but it was rather large and his weapon was a .50 cal.
DMs are fine shooters below 800M

PIGs and HOGs don't make the news.  If they did, their mission is a failure.

*speeeling

Last edited by S3v3N (2010-05-05 12:01:56)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard