Phrozenbot
+632|6626|do not disturb

lol I don't noob tube or nade spam, umad cuz someone is revived at full health feeling like a spring chicken, then leave them a nade when they come back? Or shoot them with your under-slung shotgun attachment to get multi-kill? Shooting them while they get up does nothing.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6474|cuntshitlake

I agree, except for the knifing part and the weapon damage buff. As for the knifing, they should just remove the lunge and the auto-aim and make knifes hand-held equipment instead of tuning the current shitty cod4-knife implementation.
The weapons as of now still allow you to outmove and retaliate a player that is worse than you. With the accuracy of the weapons, more damage would cause severe imbalance.

Rod Foxx wrote:

I agree with pretty much everything there except the "All weapons other than sniper rifles do around a third more damage."

I think 5-7 rounds to kill someone is fair enough. Gives you a chance to retaliate if the person is not very good.
This.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6761

Lucien wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

there are no horses in the game. I would like to see them in the next patch.
Every modern FPS needs more cavalry
QFT!

Quad bikes are not bad, they are fast but cant really go off-road as well as they should and also you are pretty much sitting on a bomb if it gets shot.
With a Horse, you would be able to go where ever you wanted at higher speeds, easily get over the rougher terrain, and if it gets shot, then you have your own personal bit of cover.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6575|Area 51

Uzique wrote:

tbh one of the fundamental things that still kills it for me, that gets (criminally) overlooked:

reviving still gives you a death. for me (stats-r-life etc.) this COMPLETELY destroys the incentive to a) form squads, b) play with friends, c) play with any tact and consideration at all. if close, cohesive squads don't 'properly' operate (in the BF2 sense of the word)- what's the fucking point? why play with a squad including medics when essentially, all they do is revive you closer to the action, so you get clusterfucked twice as fast and earn double as many deaths-- needlessly? yes, it saves tickets so it has the 'team effort' aspect; but that's fucking weak. it just feels like a completely asinine change with no REAL benefit or USE.
In pubs, medics have no real use, because nobody gives a rats ass about tickets and there is no real benefit from being revived. However in competitive matches, medics definitly can contribute to helping your team..
DUnlimited
+1,160|6474|cuntshitlake

Well durrr, pubs are all about KD, matches are all about winning.

To the list of stuff that needs fixing: Mortars out of this game completely.
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|6008
Have no idea what people have against Mortars
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6761

DUnlimited wrote:

To the list of stuff that needs fixing: Mortars out of this game completely.
Mortars? What is wrong with those?
DUnlimited
+1,160|6474|cuntshitlake

Mortars are still too effective against armored vehicles. Besides they just represent the cheap way of getting kills as a sniper in this game; They are the claymores of BC2. The easy way of getting kills abused by people that are incompetent with their actual primary weapons.

It is probably intentional from DICE, though, since all of the classes have one of those noob-friendly weapons. Assault has GL, Engy has CG, Medic has M60.
Nordemus
+60|6008
Sorry, but if a tank or APC gets destroyed by a Mortar, then the guy is bad. I find the Mortar to be the least of BC2 problems.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6474|cuntshitlake

Nordemus wrote:

Sorry, but if a tank or APC gets destroyed by a Mortar, then the guy is bad. I find the Mortar to be the least of BC2 problems.
It's not like I'm talking about a mortar strike destroying a tank but try dodging rockets and getting your tank repaired when you get constantly mortared by camping wookies from 300 meters away where you cant reach them.

And my main point was the cheapness anyways. Game devs should not include training wheel weapons in games just to appeal to bad players.

Last edited by DUnlimited (2010-05-05 03:50:33)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6664

Nordemus wrote:

Says the bad player!

see what I did there?

No but you seriously suck and need to get the fuck out of this thread
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6761
See I actually like the Mortar strikes and think they were a good addition to the game. Tanks can no longer simply stay back shooting from range without having any problems but dodging rockets. They now have to worry about the Mortar Strikes.

2 maps come to mind, Arica Harbor @ the first stage. Tanks tend to sit far back when attacking and then take down 'A'. Mortar Strikes can help irritate them.
Same with Port Valdez @ the first stage.

I very rarely use them though as it is more fun and more effective to stick a tracer dart on the tanks and then take them out that way.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6474|cuntshitlake

Mortars are not needed for that, especially not with the buffed tracer dart.

Mortars-against-armor issue aside, 90% of mortars in this game are called when a sniper fails to hit someone with his rifle. Cheap.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6761

DUnlimited wrote:

Mortars are not needed for that, especially not with the buffed tracer dart.

Mortars-against-armor issue aside, 90% of mortars in this game are called when a sniper fails to hit someone with his rifle. Cheap.
Yeah I will agree that there are many snipers who are not very good and would probably only get their kills from mortar strikes. But still, I think it adds an extra dimension to the game. What would we do without death from above?
Nordemus
+60|6008

Lucien wrote:

Nordemus wrote:

Says the bad player!

see what I did there?

No but you seriously suck and need to get the fuck out of this thread
Haha, lick my CG, 40mmGL, Mortar and M60 plats. I did not work hard for them as they basically do all the kills for me! Yeah!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard