Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
Every time I play this game I want to murder a DICE employee. Here's a collection of thoughts:

reviving now takes 2 seconds, making it suicidal to do in the middle of combat. No more fights being ruined by some fuckwad sprinting onto the battlefield to instantly zap someone before dying, who then goes on an unstoppable killing spree

15-second period after being revived during which you won't get another death counted against you if you die

Increased deviation for a second or two after being revived

If you knife someone who is knifing you, you kill them first. Knife-counter.

Carl Gustav does 75% damage to infantry with explosives mk. II unless if it's a direct hit.

Grenade Launcher does not kill on a direct hit without detonating.

Replace helicopter flying physics with BF2's or BC2 console's.

All weapons other than sniper rifles do around a third more damage.

shotguns get a severe range increase.

Hardcode mode renamed to tactical realism mode
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
tbh one of the fundamental things that still kills it for me, that gets (criminally) overlooked:

reviving still gives you a death. for me (stats-r-life etc.) this COMPLETELY destroys the incentive to a) form squads, b) play with friends, c) play with any tact and consideration at all. if close, cohesive squads don't 'properly' operate (in the BF2 sense of the word)- what's the fucking point? why play with a squad including medics when essentially, all they do is revive you closer to the action, so you get clusterfucked twice as fast and earn double as many deaths-- needlessly? yes, it saves tickets so it has the 'team effort' aspect; but that's fucking weak. it just feels like a completely asinine change with no REAL benefit or USE.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Lucien wrote:

I've never understood why game devs all think a shotgun blast only damages something within 3 ft of the barrel.

Last edited by AussieReaper (2010-05-04 04:56:51)

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
i dont understand why people want to make bc2 'good'. let a dead dodo take solace in the extinction it deserves.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
Because like all DICE games it wouldn't take much to make it a lot better

ultimately it will always be a casual game so I see your point, but it can be a better casual game
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6383|the land of bourbon

Lucien wrote:

this happens to me anyway
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Chou
+737|6792
Whenever they patch shit, it hits the fan.
Mediocre game with completely unbalanced game play. (more health in HC to balance kits) <- eh wtf now..
They never learned from their BF2 fuck ups and my hope for BF3 is long lost unless PC only, there's hope.

like i said before, it's a good movie but a shitty game.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Lucien wrote:

Every time I play this game I want to murder a DICE employee. Here's a collection of thoughts:

reviving now takes 2 seconds, making it suicidal to do in the middle of combat. No more fights being ruined by some fuckwad sprinting onto the battlefield to instantly zap someone before dying, who then goes on an unstoppable killing spree

15-second period after being revived during which you won't get another death counted against you if you die

Carl Gustav does 75% damage to infantry with explosives mk. II unless if it's a direct hit.

Thanks for sharing that you are a bad. The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem. Good job!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Chou wrote:

Whenever they patch shit, it hits the fan.
Mediocre game with completely unbalanced game play. (more health in HC to balance kits) <- eh wtf now..
They never learned from their BF2 fuck ups and my hope for BF3 is long lost unless PC only, there's hope.

like i said before, it's a good movie but a shitty game.
Hardcore mode is still 50 health. A lot of the stuff that they listed in the patch notes wasn't true. For instance, they made LMG's less accurate, not more.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6000|Vortex Ring State

Lucien wrote:

No.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

JohnG@lt wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Thanks for sharing that you are a bad. The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem. Good job!
and how exactly does one become 'good' at this game? im curious and would like to know.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Lucien wrote:

and how exactly does one become 'good' at this game? im curious and would like to know.
By not whining incessantly about everything that prevents you from being a god mode rampage machine that never dies? GLs and Rockets and Grenades and Snipers have been one shot kills in every single FPS ever designed. Why must people make the exact same threads with the exact same whines ad nauseum? If you don't like the game design, go play Sim City where you can control every aspect of it and it will fit neatly into your OCD desires for perfection.

Adapt and overcome.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
there's so much wrong with that post that i don't even know where to start

when i play bc2, i kick ass at bc2. the game is incredibly easy.

my whines surface from the fact that there is no skill-curve; the 'ceiling' for potential ownage is shockingly low, i.e. console-intended.

perfection? a game that adequately serves the need of your rather average PC FPS gamer would be nice. not asking for much.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

No invincibility grace period after being revived.

Bullets DO NOT go through teammates, regardless of the friendly fire setting.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

Lucien wrote:

tbh I think this type of fix would help BF2 a lot too. I don't think it should be more difficult for a medic to revive a teammate in any way, but there should be a pretty severe "waking up" period...from a realistic (I know games are not real life) and a gameplay perspective, it doesn't make any sense for someone to be on the ground dead and then immediately on his feet firing at full health. If your movement was sluggish, blurred vision, very innaccurate fire etc. for maybe 3 seconds I think it would make the game a lot more..tactical? You actually have to win the firefight, not just zap people back to life as you go and let them deal with it.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6752
there are no horses in the game. I would like to see them in the next patch.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6345

theDude5B wrote:

Horses would be awesome. Also frogs.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654

theDude5B wrote:

Every modern FPS needs more cavalry

FM wrote:

tbh I think this type of fix would help BF2 a lot too. I don't think it should be more difficult for a medic to revive a teammate in any way, but there should be a pretty severe "waking up" period...from a realistic (I know games are not real life) and a gameplay perspective, it doesn't make any sense for someone to be on the ground dead and then immediately on his feet firing at full health. If your movement was sluggish, blurred vision, very innaccurate fire etc. for maybe 3 seconds I think it would make the game a lot more..tactical? You actually have to win the firefight, not just zap people back to life as you go and let them deal with it.
Both in BF2 and BC2 I've hated how reviving is done in the middle of a fight. To defeat the average clusterfuck of 4-5 players you have to get 7 kills out of them

Last edited by Lucien (2010-05-04 09:23:25)

Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6328|Australia

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Maybe have them revived at, say, 1/5 health? Then they'd have to get a medkit to fully heal themselves, or wait a minute for their health to replenish. It makes sense that an electric shock won't bring someone back to full health, but rather, jolt them back into consciousness where they can heal themselves properly. I think this system is already in place in project reality.

Though for obvious reasons, this system should not add a death to your score if you get revived, and there should be a limit to the number of points you can get from one person (ie if you revive someone, you will not get points for reviving them again within the next 10 seconds).
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
+16|5173|Between your mama's legs.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=135816

tbh, I agreed with most of your points. Especially frogs and horses.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6461|UK
Wait the gameplay has changed quite a lot since when it first came out? Hmmm!
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6643|can

wah1188 wrote:

Wait the gameplay has changed quite a lot since when it first came out? Hmmm!
When DICE tries to "balance" a game, it does not end well.
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

Part of the awesomeness of being a medic in BF2 was being able to revive people while you were sprinting, then quickly switching back to your weapon to kill whomever needed retribution.

Just nade/gl/shotty them if they cluster Lucien.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5985|Perth, Australia
I agree with pretty much everything there except the "All weapons other than sniper rifles do around a third more damage."

I think 5-7 rounds to kill someone is fair enough. Gives you a chance to retaliate if the person is not very good.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Maybe have them revived at, say, 1/5 health? Then they'd have to get a medkit to fully heal themselves, or wait a minute for their health to replenish. It makes sense that an electric shock won't bring someone back to full health, but rather, jolt them back into consciousness where they can heal themselves properly. I think this system is already in place in project reality.

Though for obvious reasons, this system should not add a death to your score if you get revived, and there should be a limit to the number of points you can get from one person (ie if you revive someone, you will not get points for reviving them again within the next 10 seconds).
I don't know about letting them heal themselves, because that just adds even more incentive to play a medic and to play it selfishly...being able to heal yourself to full over a short period of time isn't THE WORST THING EVER in BF2 but I wouldn't want to incentivize it any more...maybe just have people automatically heal to full over a period of five seconds after a revive.

Phrozenbot wrote:

Part of the awesomeness of being a medic in BF2 was being able to revive people while you were sprinting, then quickly switching back to your weapon to kill whomever needed retribution.

Just nade/gl/shotty them if they cluster Lucien.
Because BF2 needs more grenades and less actual shooting.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard