Ryan
+1,230|6841|Alberta, Canada

After seeing a couple online multiplayer vids, it looks alright. I'm getting bored and tired of MW2 (just entered 3rd prestige, I'm getting bored) and I want a good change.

Is BC2 worth getting? Pros, cons? Comparisons to MW2?
bennisboy
+829|6644|Poundland
there's a whole subsection duderini. Go have a browse there and decide. I'd say yes.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Shit man, I played the PS3 Beta and the PS3 Demo. I really liked this game. Then I remembered there was also a big sniper problem. Even today everyone complains of snipers, especially since they have infinite mortar barrages. It killed all my interest. Right now I'm borrowing MW2 and it ain't a bad game online

Once it becomes cheaper, and maybe once the snipers get bored and move onto something else I might pick this up...the maps and everything are much better than MW2, and there's much less emphasis on having a good connection and since there are dedicated servers, there's no host who rapes everything with ease like in MW2.

If they only got rid of the sniper class and the mortar barrages. Or even just the mortar. That's the side effect of big maps and long view distances and powerful kits.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
nope.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Ryan

Mekstizzle wrote:

Shit man, I played the PS3 Beta and the PS3 Demo. I really liked this game. Then I remembered there was also a big sniper problem. Even today everyone complains of snipers, especially since they have infinite mortar barrages. It killed all my interest. Right now I'm borrowing MW2 and it ain't a bad game online

Once it becomes cheaper, and maybe once the snipers get bored and move onto something else I might pick this up...the maps and everything are much better than MW2, and there's much less emphasis on having a good connection and since there are dedicated servers, there's no host who rapes everything with ease like in MW2.

If they only got rid of the sniper class and the mortar barrages. Or even just the mortar. That's the side effect of big maps and long view distances and powerful kits.
Thanks for the input Mek.

I have a $25 gift card to future shop, but the game is still $70, which is overpriced imo. No game should ever retail for over $60 brand new.
bennisboy
+829|6644|Poundland

Uzique wrote:

nope.
dude you loved it first of all
GR34
+215|6543|ALBERTA> CANADA

Ryan wrote:

After seeing a couple online multiplayer vids, it looks alright. I'm getting bored and tired of MW2 (just entered 3rd prestige, I'm getting bored) and I want a good change.

play with me and madi and Lawson. or save for read Dead redemption and join our possy
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6618|Mhz

bennisboy wrote:

Uzique wrote:

nope.
dude you loved it first of all
I'd imagine he, like many people got very tired of it very quickly.
Ryan

GR34 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

play with me and madi and Lawson. or save for read Dead redemption and join our possy
I just watched the multiplayer trailer. Damn, that looks sweet. I'll probably get that then, for something totally different and unique.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
It basically looks like GTA IV but set during the old west, even the MP. Except the guns will be less spammy because you everyone won't start off with a golden uzi 9mm, which is awesome.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6173|Sydney | ♥

worth getting? ~ nope
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5507|America
Worth getting? No question there. It's an awesome game. Definitely get it.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

Blade4509 wrote:

Worth getting? No question there. It's an awesome game. Definitely get it.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6128|Carnoustie MASSIF

Uzique wrote:

nope.

tazz. wrote:

worth getting? ~ nope
Bevo
Nah
+718|6519|Austin, Texas
it depends on how you value games

Is it a good game? certainly not. It's a console port in every essence of the phrase. It has glaring issues such as hitreg, bad interfaces (friend list zomg), and now a real lack of diversity within kits. It's not going to be like BF2. No jets. No big squads. No big maps. Linear gameplay on Rush, camping/flaghopping gameplay on conquest.

That said, it's a battlefield game. It's pretty. The sounds are amazing. It's much more uh... I forget the word ATM, but you feel more like you're actually there. It's certainly fun to play for a while.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6128|Carnoustie MASSIF

Bevo wrote:

Is it a good game? certainly not. It's a console port in every essence of the phrase. It has glaring issues such as hitreg, bad interfaces (friend list zomg), and now a real lack of diversity within kits. It's not going to be like BF2. No jets. No big squads. No big maps. Linear gameplay on Rush, camping/flaghopping gameplay on conquest.

That said, it's a battlefield game. It's pretty. The sounds are amazing. It's much more uh... I forget the word ATM, but you feel more like you're actually there. It's certainly fun to play for a while.
immersing?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6519|Austin, Texas

CammRobb wrote:

Bevo wrote:

immersing?
yeh thats the one, cheers
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5507|America
Better hitreg and better server browser than bf2. There are less kits yes but go find another game where you can be a medic packing a pump action pimp cane. Diversity within the kits is greater. They finally got the tube and rocket launcher right.

Infantry actually have a chance in this game instead of always gettting armor and chopper raped. Countless times I've seen people running right past available vehicles because the infantry combat is fucking awesome. Campers are eliminated by bringing down the buildings they're hiding in. It's just greatness. I haven't found a downside to this game yet, and yes it is quite immersing.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Ryan

Mekstizzle wrote:

It basically looks like GTA IV but set during the old west, even the MP. Except the guns will be less spammy because you everyone won't start off with a golden uzi 9mm, which is awesome.
Still looks unique and something I'd be interested in. I'm getting tired of WWII/Modern warfare type games I guess.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6841|Reykjavík, Iceland.

CammRobb wrote:

Uzique wrote:

nope.

tazz. wrote:

worth getting? ~ nope
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

i find it comical that those people in this thread who liked 2142 hate this game
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5235|Cleveland, Ohio
i have to say it was fun.......for like a couple weeks.  but now i only play when my friends do.  so basically i average about 4-6 hours a week.  id rather play nhl10 tbh.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6519|Austin, Texas

Blade4509 wrote:

Better hitreg and better server browser than bf2. There are less kits yes but go find another game where you can be a medic packing a pump action pimp cane. Diversity within the kits is greater. They finally got the tube and rocket launcher right.

Infantry actually have a chance in this game instead of always gettting armor and chopper raped. Countless times I've seen people running right past available vehicles because the infantry combat is fucking awesome. Campers are eliminated by bringing down the buildings they're hiding in. It's just greatness. I haven't found a downside to this game yet, and yes it is quite immersing.
The infantry/vehicle balance is good... or at least, was good, until they buffed the shit out of the tracer. That was unnecessary. This game could have been pretty damn good if there was enough effort into making it a PC game rather than making it a console game that runs on PCs. Stuff like VOIP and borked friends lists are just bad. The chat function is terrible. There's no console. There's no screenshot button. You can't favorite a server you're currently in. The server browser doesn't show pings for me. You have to load into the next game before exiting. You have to respawn before exiting. The in-game ping is some fucked up number that doesn't mean much.

The knife is completely broken (and isn't a separate weapon). Hardcore is completely imbalanced. Medic revives are retarded (you can easily accumulate 5 deaths in 10 seconds and not be able to do anything about it). Choppers handle like boats. It's impossible to disarm an MCOM without picking up 5 different kits next to it and restarting the disarm each time. There is no commrose. You can't VOIP to your team.

The list goes on. The graphics and sound carry this game, without a doubt. The bottom line is, it's a console port, completely and entirely. It looks like one, plays like one, feels like one, and annoys you like one. If you can put up with it and/or ignore it, then you'll love this game.
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

i agree with Bevo's point about they should started with a PC game. So many broken trivial features.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51
Fun game, however it tends to lean heavily on teamwork. Therefore my verdict is, get the game if you have alot of people that you can play the game together with. Because finding some proper teamwork in pubs is damn near impossible and the only way to win then, is when the entire enemy team is filled with retards.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard