pace51
Boom?
+194|5169|Markham, Ontario
Sat. May. 1/10                                    Pace51
RWF about why 007 Goldeneye N64 was so successful

(Made by pace51)        (Made by pace51)            (Made by pace51)
This RWF thread is on gaming and does not share similar attributes associated with RWF (Trademark) nor with DoctorStrangleve’s special RWF story division. NO MORE PROOFREADERS. However, just to prevent plagiarizing, I have taken certain measures
(Made by pace51)

NOW, BOND! GO GO GO!

(Made by pace51)

007 Goledeneye was one of the first and most successful FPS’s ever made for the N64. When it came out, the graphics were top notch, even revolutionary. The AI were specially designed to imitate real world hostiles and the weapons? Well, goldeneye pulled a counterstrike and based their weapons on the real life ones. Gameplay went like this. There was a huge variety of missions to unlock. From a dam mission which was pathetically easy to the not-so-easy but really fun to do train mission. There were interactive environements, about 40 levels, all of decent length, gadgets, and of course, tons of weapons.

And as pointed out by a topic righter on cracked.com, as a goldeneye veteran, I support his theory that Oddjob was a cheat.

Index
Weapons and their real life counterparts
Levels+Interactive environments

Weapons and their real life counterparts. These aren’t all correct, because the models were changed to make them graphically compatibile and visually appealing, but the real-life counterparts are basically the guns these weapons either had a similar performance to or resembled aesthetically, or both. Also, the performance of each gun is included. This guide is meant for both old players and people who never played it.

PP7- Walther PPK. Low damage, high rate of fire. Standard pistol.
PP7 Silenced- Walther PPK silenced. Nice and quiet.
DD4 Dostovel- Looked like a desert eagle, but the shiny firm composite frame could’ve been from a Russian weapon as powerful as the Graz-Burya, although it doesn’t look like a graz-burya. It was powerful, with an 8 bullet clip, though.
Cougar Magnum- Anaconda. Instakill in single player, two head shots for a kill in multi. It had a slow rate of fire but was a deadly revolver.
ZMG 9mm- UZI Sub machine gun. It had a fast rate of fire, especially if dual-wielded. The damage was moderate, making it a good weapon.
D5K Deutsche- H&K 53A1, though it fired slightly slower and did more damage. Good for mid-range combat, although it worked for room clearing as well.
Phantom- Researching.
AR-33- Either the AR-15 assault rifle, or the colt M16a2. This gun was quite deadly, and could fire in triple shot bursts or fully automatic. Also, it was noisy and had a small zoom.
KF-7 Soviet- This resembles a pencil. It could be either the AK47 or the AK-74u, although it looks like an AK-74u because of the shortened barrel. However, there is no stock, not even a cheap retractable stock. It does good damage, and fires in triple shot bursts or fully automatic. It has a small zoom as well. It does a little more damage than the AR-33, but has a slower fire rate, making it undesirable for certain close range situations.
Rocket Launcher- The LAW. It was huge, powerful, Insta-kill, and made the most wicked and horrible shrieking noise when fired.
Grenade-Launcher- Looks like the Mikor MGL. The grenade launcher could be fired in quick two grenade bursts, though one shot was sufficient enough to kill. However, it had a low velocity, and tended to bounce away from its target and explode late. It wasn’t too reliable, so a couple shots were needed to guarantee a kill.
Moonraker laser- Well, it shot high power lasers, and fired pretty quickly. Good for mid-range combat.
Golden Gun- Insta-kill, though it only had 1 shot per clip. Oh Samedi… >
Klobb- The Skorpion. Worst weapon in the history of video game weapons. I’d rather have a type 85. Although in multi-player, you have massive health, the klobb couldn’t get an insta-headshot-kill. In single player campaign, on the easiest difficulty, two or three headshots were needed for a kill. It fired slightly quickly, but had a bad range and only 20 shots per clip.
Throwing Knife- Insta-kill on SP, and on multi, it was fun to use.
RC-P90- Starting the long 007 game tradition of putting a random letter or bunch of letters in front of a P-90, this gun dominated. It had medium-low damage, but fired really quickly. In Goldeneye, it was really distracting to get shot at, since the shots pushed you and turned your screen red, screwing up your aim.
Watch laser- Some kind of Death Rolex. Shot a weak laser.
Taser- Low range stun gun fun.
Sniper Rifle- Looks like a giant spray gun. However, it could be used in Melee for extra damage. It had a nice zoom and fired semi-automatically. Took a couple shots for a kill, but it was very good.
Grenades- They function like m2 frags.
Remote, Timed, and Proximity mines. They all were the same, except they were detonated differently. They were all pretty fun.
Hunting Knife- High damage single-player weapon.
Shotgun- Could’ve been a bennelli M3 super
Autoshotgun- M1014. Good damage and rate of fire. A beast up close.

Levels and Interactive Environments

Each level was really fun. There were always tons of enemies, usually armed with a small variety of weapons. The interactive environments, however, were great. Everything exploded, almost. The computers exploded! The keyboards exploded! For some reason, chairs, wooden tables, and filing cabinets exploded too! Only in Russia…

These missions are mostly in order.

Dam: Small fun mission, you race through a dam using assault rifles and snipers, and get to the other side. Very straightforward.
Facility- Russian chemical weapons lab. You get to use mines, open doors, and blow up chemical containers.
Airstrip- The first few times you played it, it was boring, small, and annoying. However, that was until you realized, by going right after coming onto the airstrip rather than going left… there was a big, beautiful heavy tank with your name on it. Then, this mission got fun. You have to blow your way down the runway, and escape by plane.
Surface- Nice snowy environment. Large map, and you et to choose in which order you want to complete the objectives. Search all cabins, and shut down the satellite dish using a computer console.
Bunker- You sneak into a bunker, destroy some camera’s, steal some documents and tapes, and get out to the heli-pad.
Silo- Arguably one of the most fun missions in the game. Get through the silo, sabotage some nukes, take snapshots of satellites, and chase down the elevator. BTW. The elevator music was the classic bond-song.
Frigate- Pretty much as fun as Silo. Using stealthy weapons, blow though a French frigate, plant a bug on an AH-66 Comanche Helicopter codenamed “Pirate”, diffuse some bombs, and rescue hostages. Really a fun mission.
Surface- Your going back again. Only this time, there is poor visibility and poorer available weaponry. Snipers are hard to find, but useful. You have to fight towards the Russian bunker, plant a bomb on an MI-17, and escape. Of course, you get captured this time.
Bunker- This mission is half cutscene, half fun interaction. You use a magnetic watch gadet to steal the guards key. Then, while his back is turned, you meet Natalya in the next cell, and use the watch to acquire some throwing knives that fell down a sewer. Then, you kill the guard, free Natalya and yourself, steal the Goldeneye key, and escape before the satellite blasts the bunker.
Statue- Natalya goes missing, and you are sent to get info from an ex-KGB source, Valentin. He tells you that Trvelyan snuck into the park, and will meet you by the statue. You get there. Soon, your fighting your way back through the park to the helicopter which has a bomb planted on it. You manage to wake up and pull Natalya away from the chopper before it explodes.
Archive’s- You and natalya get captured by the Russian army. You escape and present the Major, the head of the Archives, with evidence the General ouromov has turned. He accepts the evidence, and he lets you escape.
Street- Extremely addicting tank mission. You grab a tank, and have a daunting challenge. You must catch up with Ouromov, avoid rockets, civilians, mines, grenades, enemy soldiers, and vehicles, while trying not to take a wrong turn in the street maze. However, if you go into a side alley at the beginning of the mission, Valentin will get his men to slow down Ouromov, giving you more time.
Depot- Natalya gets re-captured, so you go to the train depot to rescue her. Of course, you get on just as the train leaves.
Train- Really fun mission. You blast through a moving train, and get to the rear compartment. You shoot Ouromov but Trevelyan and Xenia escape, leaving you stuck in the train with Natalya. You have two minutes before it explodes, so as Natalya gets the data from the computer, you cut your way through the floor with your watch laser. Than you both escape.
Jungle- With your new data, you head to a Janus base in the rainforest. You and Natalya fight through the jungle, kill Xenia along the way, admire the view from a bridge, and run into the caves.
Control- A very fun mission. Annoying, but you go through caves and blast doors. There is an annoying part where you have to cover Natalya as she downloads data, and then you run to an elevator and down to the caverns below.
Caverns: One giant run and gun mission. When you get to the end, Trevelyan has escaped, and is going to an antenna cradle to activate Goldeneye.
Cradle- You race against time on an antenna cradle which appears to be on an oil rig platform. You manage to shut down the satellites just in time, and chase after trevelyan. You both fall down a ladder onto an open air platform. You then kill him, he falls off, and you make an escape via helicopter. You unlock several cheats and score with Natalya.

The combat style in Goldeneye was primitive compared to today’s FPS’s. You could only stand, there was an auto-aiming system, and if you wanted an actual crosshair, you had to stand still and hold R to aim. It was really fun though.
Discuss.
Oh, BTW, (made by pace51)
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5749|Roma
Do one about the success of Mw2.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
... are you sure this was (made by page51)?

i coulda swore that i was drafting this up last night before i went to bed...

dream?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6649
Ahhh, memories... 

There's a special place in my heart for akimbo Klobb'ing people.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
pace51
Boom?

aerodynamic wrote:

success of Mw2.
Hahahahahaha... Oh, you were being serious. Well, I can talk about how it lived up to the hype, sacrificed traditionally fun gameplay for popular appeal, and let you nuke peopl while wearing funny name tags. I don't have it though, so if I wrote a guide like that, i'd be using Activisions official sites and the like.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

This was the reason:

https://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5972/1zcpsg6.jpg

And the proof:

https://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7151/doak.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
pace51
Boom?

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

Ahhh, memories... 

There's a special place in my heart for akimbo Klobb'ing people.
For me, slapping people to death was awesome. WITH A SNIPER!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
i remember feeling amazed at how much detail they could pack into character's faces - they were so vividly imagined!

... Dr. Doak, you upset me
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6617|London, England
you didn't mention paintball mode you faggot, how could you not

worst real world facts ever

i loved the tank mission, and then using the watch laser like in the movie

i want a watch laser
pace51
Boom?

Mekstizzle wrote:

you didn't mention paintball mode you faggot, how could you not

worst real world facts ever

i loved the tank mission, and then using the watch laser like in the movie

i want a watch laser
Paintball mode was for toddlers who didnt want their parents to think they were playing a violent game. Kinda fun, though.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

AussieReaper wrote:

Because it was fun.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6703|67.222.138.85
I didn't tell you to stop making ones about planes on different threads so you could start making them about video games.

One thread.
Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5159
You forgot to close.

Last edited by Marlo Stanfield (2010-05-01 20:23:01)

BeardedHobo
Will post for food
+53|5177|Flying in my boxcar.
You forgot listing the hand as a weapon. Shame you have brought upon your RWF about 007 with the omission of the hand, since it was the only fun counter to the golden gun.
BLdw
+27|5167|M104 "Sombrero"
You forgot to list Silver PP7 and Gold PP7.

It was fun to play with turbo mode, tiny bond, DK-mode and enemy rockets.

Ah, memories...
bennisboy
+829|6642|Poundland
Surely real world facts should include facts pace? Not personal opinion
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6615|Medford, WI
forgot the 2 secret missions you fag
jsnipy
+3,276|6518|...

[video]http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1933149[/video]
VicktorVauhn
+319|6388|Southern California
Were you seriously so amazed by your own dumb thread that you had to insert (Made by pace51) 50 times?
It reads like it was written by a high school kid failing English class, pretty sure no one else is going to try and take credit for this.

Am I missing something or is this more of you guys desperately trying to troll?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Were you seriously so amazed by your own dumb thread that you had to insert (Made by pace51) 50 times?
It reads like it was written by a high school kid failing English class, pretty sure no one else is going to try and take credit for this.

Am I missing something or is this more of you guys desperately trying to troll?
that or he was doing it to prevent anyone from stealing it.. not that anyone cares
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6323|Australia
How to have fun with Goldeneye's bugs:

1. Turn on cheats, preferably all guns, infinite ammo and invincibility.
2. Start the Bunker mission.
3. Go into the main control room.
4. Place remote mines on the TV monitors hanging from the roof.
5. Use bullets to destroy the monitors, but DON'T blow up the mines.
6. When all monitors have been destroyed, swap to your watch and detonate them.
7. Goldeneye will now enter what I call "fuck up mode". To see what is fucked up about fucked up mode, take out an explosive and try throwing/shooting it. Hit the alarm to bring out some enemies and much lulz will be had.

Other fun things to do:

-Stack mines on the barrels of the drone guns and then step in front of them to make a windmill.
-Use the all guns cheat to get the tank. You can now fire shells out of your forehead.
-Play with pen and ink mode.
-Activate invisibility in multiplayer. Your friends will shit bricks.
-In the silo mission, throw down C4 and shoot it. With invincibility on, you can now walk through the silo and let the magical explosions that keep detonating around you kill all the enemies (and scientists, and equipment you're supposed to photograph ).
-Use the sniper rifle to search the far side of the lake on Dam.
-Open the missile silo doors in Silo.
-Run around while dual-wielding two different guns (gold/silver PP7s, manual/auto shotguns, etc).
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6232|Uk
Floating on the stairs inside the outposts near the end of Dam was fun
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

I loved this game.  One time when I was on acid I spent about an hour and a half shooting paintballs around on Stack.  Look up and spin and shoot paintballs in a swirl, weeeeeeee!
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6706|Sweden
Remember having fistfights with my friend playing that game.. I hardly watched my own screen always had at least an eye on my friends screen

Pretending to be unaware looking the wrong way only to make a lightning turn in last moment was a classic one.
pace51
Boom?

madmurre wrote:

Remember having fistfights with my friend playing that game.. I hardly watched my own screen always had at least an eye on my friends screen

Pretending to be unaware looking the wrong way only to make a lightning turn in last moment was a classic one.
Didn't the AK-47 resemble a pencil

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard