RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire

Ilocano wrote:

Though, zombie mode is not worth playing with randoms.
i played with randoms once and it was pretty fun
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Blank_The_Bogan
MEDIC!
+19|5465|Qld, Australia
Alot of randoms these days are just trolls or use a unlimited ammo cheat.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire
campaign is laughably bad
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
Free multiplayer until Sunday. At this ~200 kb/s, should be done by tomorrow
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6410|'Murka

DesertFox- wrote:

?

IR confused.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5998|Vortex Ring State
yeah free weekend.

BF2s could have fun stacking servers and trolling it up.

probably could clear a couple servers or two if we all stack
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6604|Greenwood, IN
Played for a couple hours then uninstalled.  Never had so many issues in my life.  Plus the hackers don't help.
Trotskygrad
бля

Naturn wrote:

Played for a couple hours then uninstalled.  Never had so many issues in my life.  Plus the hackers don't help.
game is buggy as shit ikr?
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6604|Greenwood, IN

Trotskygrad wrote:

Naturn wrote:

Other than the hackers I biggest complaint is the game freezes for 10 seconds 2 or 3 times a game.  I do not have this issue with any other games I play including all COD games and the ones Treyarch have made.  This game runs worse than Homefront did on launch and its been out for months.  However, the console version runs smooth as silk though.  Play it a couple times a week.
Trotskygrad
бля

Naturn wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Naturn wrote:

Other than the hackers I biggest complaint is the game freezes for 10 seconds 2 or 3 times a game.  I do not have this issue with any other games I play including all COD games and the ones Treyarch have made.  This game runs worse than Homefront did on launch and its been out for months.  However, the console version runs smooth as silk though.  Play it a couple times a week.
yeah definitely not a PC game, I got that freezing bug first in SP then in MP.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black
You guys properly setting the affinity?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
Man I really wish this happened while I was at school and had good internet. My ping goes to 50 and the game becomes nigh unplayable. Been a while since I played FPS multiplayer though, so I enjoyed seeing all the fools accusing others of hacking.

Also, wtf is up with "tactical" crouch servers?
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5903|CA

Naturn wrote:

However, the console X360 version runs smooth as silk though.
Correction. The PS3 version freezes randomly in multiplayer menus forcing a hard reboot, the game takes roughly 1 minute to load your rank/stats when you boot the game up (I have to idle in a party until my rank emblem shows up next to my name and cannot join a match until it does) and the framerate dips into the teens every time a naplam strike is called in. 

I'm not sure what they did wrong, because WaW ran fine on PS3.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2011-06-03 14:55:53)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6564|Area 51

TopHat01 wrote:

Naturn wrote:

However, the console X360 version runs smooth as silk though.
Correction. The PS3 version freezes randomly in multiplayer menus forcing a hard reboot, the game takes roughly 1 minute to load your rank/stats when you boot the game up (I have to idle in a party until my rank emblem shows up next to my name and cannot join a match until it does) and the framerate dips into the teens every time a naplam strike is called in. 

I'm not sure what they did wrong, because WaW ran fine on PS3.
They just got less money from Sony then from Microsoft. That is what went wrong.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6604|Greenwood, IN

RDMC wrote:

They just got less money from Sony then from Microsoft. That is what went wrong.
Its because Sony was hacked...

But, I had no idea Blops had issue on the PS3.  I figured a game thats been around this long wouldn't have major issues.
FEOS
+1,182|6410|'Murka

FEOS wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

?

IR confused.
So console players have to pay for MP?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Reinstalled. Going to give the campaign a shot.

Again.

If I crash again and have to start from the very fucking unskippable beginning, I'm done.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5903|CA

Naturn wrote:

But, I had no idea Blops had issue on the PS3.  I figured a game thats been around this long wouldn't have major issues.
It's strange because every COD game before it ran like a champ on PS3; 60 FPS with little/no dips.  I'm not sure if the unoptimized nature of the port is simply lazy coding and poor effort, or a subtle nudge at Sony.  I suppose when Microsoft is literally throwing money at you, the PS3 and PC ports are hastily made and are rushed through QA.

It seems like Microsoft really wants COD as an exclusive title since X360 is the lead development platform, all the DLC packs are released on XBL first, and most COD commercials have that X360 splash-screen at the end.

RDMC wrote:

I know Sony doesn't really prioritize cross-platform FPS games as much, and they seem to really focus on both Resistance and Killzone, which makes sense since they're the PS3's big exclusive FPS titles, but they're not nearly as popular as COD or BF.  I think Sony was offered an exclusivity type deal with Homefront content, but turned it down and said they weren't interested since Killzone 3 was about to be released.

FEOS wrote:

No, Steam has a free weekend of Black Ops multiplayer on PC going on right now.  The game is on sale for 33% off retail price.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2011-06-03 21:58:11)

RDMC
+736|6564|Area 51

RDMC wrote:

I know Sony doesn't really prioritize cross-platform FPS games as much, and they seem to really focus on both Resistance and Killzone, which makes sense since they're the PS3's big exclusive FPS titles, but they're not nearly as popular as COD or BF.  I think Sony was offered an exclusivity type deal with Homefront content, but turned it down and said they weren't interested since Killzone 3 was about to be released.
Well there you go then. And to be honest I'm glad Sony doesn't have as much interest in CoD as it has in their PS exclusives..
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4967|Dundee, Scotland.
this game is hilariously easy on xbox
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
RDMC
+736|6564|Area 51

Camm wrote:

FEOS
+1,182|6410|'Murka

TopHat01 wrote:

FEOS wrote:

No, Steam has a free weekend of Black Ops multiplayer on PC going on right now.  The game is on sale for 33% off retail price.
I'm sorry, but this makes no sense.
― Albert Einstein

Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6326|Australia

FEOS wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I'm sorry, but this makes no sense.
I'm pretty sure he means that you can get BlOps on steam for free on the weekend to try out. Come Monday, you get locked out of the game and you can then purchase it if you liked it.

Try before you buy, pretty much.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
Tried it.  Same ol COD with different maps.  Not worth it even for 33% off.
gurdeep
­
+812|4754|proll­y

Camm wrote:

im so incredibly bad at fps games on console. nothing tilts me more

anyone want to play on pc with me?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard