Stimey
­
+786|6120|Ontario | Canada
We have to give our real name/in game name, and student numbers.
­
­
­
­
­
­
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6411|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

Riot Games wrote:

Greetings, summoners!

There’s been a lot of discussion around the Dodge statistic recently, especially in the wake of our controversial decision to remove Dodge from the game. When we released the new masteries, many summoners noticed the removal of Nimbleness. This created a lot of questions about Dodge – such as its viability, how much enjoyment players get out of it, and what Dodge means to League of Legends. In light of the player concerns, we wanted to take a few minutes to talk about why we’re phasing out this stat. Over time, we’ve come to see Dodge as a problematic statistic in our game, so I wanted to take a moment to dive into why that is.

Dodge only starts looking compelling when it can be stacked. But when stacked too high, it completely (and permanently) shuts down a subset of characters. This then causes us to have to make additional things (such as Sword of the Divine) to counter this counter, which ends up using a lot of design space simply to make the statistic fun and non-abusive. Typically, we try to avoid super hard counters like this.
    While both Critical Strike and Dodge use a similar randomization formula, Critical Strike is still countered in much the same way as Attack Damage and Attack Speed: buy Armor. Conversely, Dodge can’t be overcome by getting more Attack Damage or Armor Penetration like other defenses can. This means that Critical Strike is just a damage multiplier, whereas dodge is an entirely new defense type that doesn’t have a series of sensible counters to it.
    Historically, there have only been two actual gameplay decisions that have to do with Dodge – Jax’s Counterstrike and the former Nimbleness mastery. While both of these do have some cool nuances to them, they’re not the kind of thing that justifies an entire (otherwise problematic) system in the game. By comparison, Pantheon’s Aegis of Zeonia allows him to “block” attacks, but this block system is not available to every champion in the game. This not only keeps it from getting out of hand, but makes Pantheon more unique in the process.
    Dodge also has much more potential to remove satisfaction in a noticeable way than the other defensive stats, mostly due to its random nature. Failing to finish an opponent with an auto-attack because they happened to get their 5% chance to dodge is a pretty poor experience for the attacker, especially since the escape isn’t based on a good gameplay decision or skill-based way to survive. The fun to un-fun ratio is poor.

Based on this, we not only want to phase out Dodge from of League of Legends, but also add some new, fun runes that can change up builds and open up new options. Things like this are what make League of Legends a constantly-evolving environment that rewards adaptability and versatility, as well as mastery.
Video to show how dodge can break certain moments:

Riot Games wrote:

Part of changing Dodge means we’re going to implement changes to those champions and items that Dodge affects. Going forward, we are excited to be implementing changes to Sivir, Udyr, Ninja Tabi, Sword of the Divine and, perhaps most notably, Jax. They’ll be receiving reworks that we think will really bring some fun and exciting improvements to their gameplay.

Additionally, we think this is a great opportunity for us to explore new types of runes. You’ll have multiple new runes to check out as we draw closer to releasing these remakes to our Dodge-centric champions and items.

Last edited by SplinterStrike (2011-11-24 15:22:23)

Stimey
­
This 'Block' mechanic they're proposing sounds so gamebreaking.
­
­
­
­
­
­
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Stimey wrote:

This 'Block' mechanic they're proposing sounds so gamebreaking.
Pantheon has had that passive for a long time now...

Doesn't feel broken to play against or with tbh...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Stimey
­
because its on one champion and doesnt have a 60% rate on being hit?
­
­
­
­
­
­
FloppY_
­

Stimey wrote:

because its on one champion and doesnt have a 60% rate on being hit?
huh? I'm not sure what you mean... I read no mention of anyone else than Panth getting block...
Stimey
­
Phantom Dancer is getting a block % on it and Ninja Tabi are going from dodge to block % chance
­
­
­
­
­
­
FloppY_
­

Stimey wrote:

Phantom Dancer is getting a block % on it and Ninja Tabi are going from dodge to block % chance
wtf RIOT.... Why remove one stat then add another that does exactly the same only with a different name?
Stimey
­
Because they're adding another stat, accuracy, that helps negate block.
Apparently because 'Dodge' has no counter.

Although to me it seems like Accuracy would be a better counter to Dodge than Block.
­
­
­
­
­
­
FloppY_
­

Stimey wrote:

Because they're adding another stat, accuracy, that helps negate block.
Apparently because 'Dodge' has no counter.

Although to me it seems like Accuracy would be a better counter to Dodge than Block.
True dat. lol.

RIOT logic I guess...

FloppY_
­
https://i.imgur.com/LoteI.jpg
I don't see why they used Rammus and not someone like Noct who doesn't have feet though...

https://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luo8y7expf1qmikqqo1_500.png

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-26 17:31:19)

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5965|London, England

>be volibear
>laning against annie
>we're both passively farming until suddenly she flashes to me
>she asks me if I've seen her bear tibbers
>get nervous since I've never talked to a girl
>slash her face off and she dies
>suddenly enemy shyvana comes out of bush and tries to walk the dinosaur
>don't know how to so I get so nervous I slash her face off too and she dies
>surprise enemy party fiddlesticks comes out of another bush and tries to throw me a surprise party
>so happy I go to hug him
>I accidentally kill him and he bursts into treats
>whole team is telling me gj for triple kill
>get really nervous
>spaghetti falls out of my pocket
>everyone starts laughing
>go back to base and cry
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
firebolt5
+114|6155
I'm not going to read all the pages in this thread since most of it is outdated with the earlier versions of the game, but how is League of Legends?  I feel like trying something new.  The reason I haven't tried yet is because it doesn't look too noob friendly.  There's a whole Wikia on the game, so I'm willing to read some stuff there before playing the game.
Brasso
+1,549|6630

it's very noob friendly compared to starcraft, lets put it that way
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Stimey
­
It's like the most noobfriendly game in experience.

You get very mad at your teammates though.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Brasso
+1,549|6630

be sure to call your teammates feeders the first game, tell them to "leash blue" and play garen
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Stimey
­
Get angry at them when you fail your jungle route
­
­
­
­
­
­
FloppY_
­
When tanking, stack HP, especially against Kog Maw
Stimey
­

FloppY_ wrote:

When tanking, stack thornmail, especially against Kog Maw
­
­
­
­
­
­
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London
lol thornmail. Not seen a thornmail in months.
FloppY_
­

Aries_37 wrote:

lol thornmail. Not seen a thornmail in months.
Meh I sometimes panic-buy it if up against a fed trynda while playing tank or when playing dominion and the enemy has 4-5 AD champs (which always happens in dominion -.-)

I bought a Randuins the other day to help me survive as MF against a fed Trynda (I was pretty fed myself).. worked well enough, we won.. mostly thanks to their shitty positioning and initiations

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-30 11:30:33)

iceman785
+93|6673|Alaska, mother fucker.
Anyone try the new jungle yet?
Brasso
+1,549|6630

yeah, more gold, less xp, fast respawn times
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London
hotshotgg makes $300k-400k a year just from livestreaming.

what da fuck
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

the thing is, lol is fucking boring to watch streamed
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard