Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6640|London

FloppY_ wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

Maining champs is not something you do on purpose. People just naturally get better with certain champs due to practice/ suiting their playstyle than with others. There are like 60(?) champs in the game and being equally good with them all is impossible, even the very top players will have a select few champs that they favour for when they want to 'tryhard'. Saying that you're equally good with all of the champs is really just saying that you're good with no one unfortunately.
How did "then I play everyone else whenever I feel like it" translate to "I play well with everyone else" ?

Not saying I'm above average tho'
I was responding to iceman's question. But it's a common problem, when someone in champ select says 'i can play anyone' i cringe really hard.
Smithereener
+138|6381|California
What if I really can play every hero though?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Albeit very poorly.

Also, on a side note, anyone know what the best general runes for ranged carries are? I know it differs from hero to hero, but I figure in general, a set that is good for one hero in particular wouldn't be so terrible on another. Right now, I have Armor pen reds, armor pen quints, mp5 yellows, and cd reduction blues (I mainly play Ashe).

Last edited by Smithereener (2011-01-28 13:06:06)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6351|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Smithereener wrote:

What if I really can play every hero though?

Albeit very poorly.

Also, on a side note, anyone know what the best general runes for ranged carries are? I know it differs from hero to hero, but I figure in general, a set that is good for one hero in particular wouldn't be so terrible on another. Right now, I have Armor pen reds, armor pen quints, mp5 yellows, and cd reduction blues (I mainly play Ashe).
My general Physics set is

ArPen marks
ManaRegen/lvl seals
Magic Resist/lvl glyphs
ArPen Quints

EDIT: I only have three pages so I went for a basic for Magic/Physical/Tank respectively

Others are:

MPen marks
ManaRegen/lvl seals
AP/lvl glyphs
Flat AP quints

&

Flat MagicResist marks
Dodge seals
MagicResist/lvl glyphs
Dodge quints

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-01-28 16:04:06)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
iceman785
+93|6737|Alaska, mother fucker.

Aries_37 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

Maining champs is not something you do on purpose. People just naturally get better with certain champs due to practice/ suiting their playstyle than with others. There are like 60(?) champs in the game and being equally good with them all is impossible, even the very top players will have a select few champs that they favour for when they want to 'tryhard'. Saying that you're equally good with all of the champs is really just saying that you're good with no one unfortunately.
How did "then I play everyone else whenever I feel like it" translate to "I play well with everyone else" ?

I was responding to iceman's question. But it's a common problem, when someone in champ select says 'i can play anyone' i cringe really hard.
But I really can play everyone... I've been playing this shit since Dota, got into HoN beta and now I'm playing this.  I've come to understand how all the hero mechanics work, and I pay attention to how other people play other heroes well.  Sure I've got a few champs I play a lot, but I can full fill any role that's needed.

Then theres the 5 or so champions I'm not very good at at all. I don't play them.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6640|London

iceman785 wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Sure I've got a few champs I play a lot
See that's the point. I can play everyone to a 'decent' level too. I know what every champs' abilites in the game are, their builds, how to farm well, when to push and where on the map I need to be. That's just a natural result of playing this game enough. Being able to play everyone is not the same as being equally good with everyone. I have 3-4 champs that I'm just much better with than the others, then about another 6 which I consider my tier 2 champs (ie I'm better with them than the rest but not as experienced with them as my mains). Just playing my tier 2 champs a lot makes me rusty with my mains.

For example these are the champs I play:

Main:
MF, WW, Amumu

Tier 2:
Pantheon, Annie, Taric, Corki, Tristana, Cho Gath, Garen

Only in an emergency tier:
Shen, Rammus, Zilean, Ashe

I'm still quite a noob. I'm not close to perfecting even one champ yet. On the US servers HotshotGG has pretty much perfected Nidalee because he plays her like 50x more than anyone other champ. In tournaments though Hotshot will play things like Taric and Galio because that's what his team wants him to play...that doesn't make them his mains. He can play them at a high level but he is much, much better with other champs. They won the newegg tournament when they let Hotshot play Cho Gath which is one of his mains and he carried really damn hard.
All the top players will probably play MF, WW and Amumu better than me but they still won't call them their mains because they're actually better with other champs. I guess it's all relative.
iceman785
Honestly I just play who ever the fuck I want unless its ranked.
FloppY_
­

iceman785 wrote:

Honestly I just play who ever the fuck I want
Had a hard time finding a team that could win a game for me yesterday... hope it's better today...
>400 creep kills all day erry day... Defendan towarsan, not teamfightan, junglan...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-01-31 03:44:07)

h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6418|Troy, New York
Picked up Heroes of Newerth yesterday and played a couple games. Definatly entertaining, not sure how to compare it to League of Legends. Definitely grittier art style and a ton of really unique, entertaining champions. And I can play with Europe also, which is fun. I like the faster movement speed alot, leads to faster paced team fights, but I hate the deny system (Likely because Im horrible (relatively) at last hitting. Still though, a fun compliment to LoL.
EDIT:
Also, In game voip as well as a replay/ spectator mode. LoL needs this to be competitive.

Last edited by h4hagen (2011-01-31 05:47:37)

FloppY_
­

h4hagen wrote:

Picked up Heroes of Newerth yesterday and played a couple games. Definatly entertaining, not sure how to compare it to League of Legends. Definitely grittier art style and a ton of really unique, entertaining champions. And I can play with Europe also, which is fun. I like the faster movement speed alot, leads to faster paced team fights, but I hate the deny system (Likely because Im horrible (relatively) at last hitting. Still though, a fun compliment to LoL.
EDIT:
Also, In game voip as well as a replay/ spectator mode. LoL needs this to be competitive.
fuck ingame VOIP.. it's the first thing I turn off in ALL games....

Skype/Ventrillo/Teamspeak with buddies or nothing!

I believe replay/spectator is in the works but I'd be more happy if they would work on the maps and stop spitting out overpowered heroes every second week
iceman785

FloppY_ wrote:

iceman785 wrote:

Had a hard time finding a team that could win a game for me yesterday... hope it's better today...
>400 creep kills all day erry day... Defendan towarsan, not teamfightan, junglan...
Yeah same here, kept getting illiterate retards from fucking south america. They'd try to insult you but it'd just come out making them look like idiots.  Lost all three games I played last night.... Le sigh.
FloppY_
­

iceman785 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

iceman785 wrote:

Yeah same here, kept getting illiterate retards from fucking south america. They'd try to insult you but it'd just come out making them look like idiots.  Lost all three games I played last night.... Le sigh.
I'm just trying to save up to Gankplank so I can be credit to teem even though I play like a faggot (see never beeing in teamfights, just defending lanes)
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6418|Troy, New York

FloppY_ wrote:

iceman785 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

I'm just trying to save up to Gankplank so I can be credit to teem even though I play like a faggot (see never beeing in teamfights, just defending lanes)
Try Karthus, lol
FloppY_
­

h4hagen wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

iceman785 wrote:

Try Karthus, lol
I can't use his ulti to farm when it's idle

And he's more of a killstealer

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-01-31 15:00:10)

iceman785
Karthus is so much fun!
iceman785
And the new chick looks OP as hell.
FloppY_
­

iceman785 wrote:

And the new chick looks OP as hell.
She ruined my jungle as Warwick last round Q.Q

EDIT: And tbh RIOT could not create a balanced new char to save their lives

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-02-03 07:49:56)

FloppY_
­
Just had my first game as Evelyn

https://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1602/everythingwentbetterthao.jpg
iceman785
i have no clue how to build eve anymore
FloppY_
­

iceman785 wrote:

i have no clue how to build eve anymore
Dorans shield

Movement boots lvl5

Sheen -> Trinity

whatever damage you want or need
maybe a lich bane for burst damage

^worked for me^

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-02-08 03:28:48)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4907|Amsterdam
Anyone else having connection problems? When im playing alone there isnt a real problem, but when i play with my brother the PvP server disconnects constantly and the the session closes very often as well making it very hard to start a game. I play on US servers btw
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6807|FUCK UBISOFT

this game would be much more interesting in a post apocalyptic setting.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
FloppY_
­

Miggle wrote:

this game would be much more interesting in a post apocalyptic setting.
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
iceman785
Been playing a lot of games as Trynd lately, dude fucking destroys late game.  Went 1-9 in the first half of the game, and ended up like 14-13-15 lol. I was 5 hitting everyone on their team and killing their tank (shen) with relative ease.

He's so cheese!
FloppY_
­

iceman785 wrote:

Been playing a lot of games as Trynd lately, dude fucking destroys late game.  Went 1-9 in the first half of the game, and ended up like 14-13-15 lol. I was 5 hitting everyone on their team and killing their tank (shen) with relative ease.

He's so cheese!
Even after they cut his ulti down to 5 secs. he is still über overpowered lategame...
iceman785
Yeah he is, I wanna play a game where I can complete my build. 2x phantom dancers, 2x infinity edge, (100% crit) bloodthirster and bashee's veil.  With hp/lvl marks, crit dmg seals/quints and CD reduc glyphs.  Shits on kids err' day.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard