Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6143|Vortex Ring State
Real World Facts about the PzH 2000 (with hidden lulz)

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=137510
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6641

Varegg wrote:

And to those of you who keeps giving offensive karma to pace51, I will ban you if it doesn't stop ...
you can see where it comes from - only an idiot does karma abuse . . . sorry, i've been away for awhile.

Varegg wrote:

I suggest you change your style pace,
maybe he'll listen to a mod - he seems fascinated by them.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,812|6250|eXtreme to the maX
Well I'm not contributing to any threads where the OP author is likely to just delete them on a whim.
Wiping the F4B Phantom thread was a crime.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
pace51
Boom?
+194|5317|Markham, Ontario

Dilbert_X wrote:

Well I'm not contributing to any threads where the OP author is likely to just delete them on a whim.
I dont just talk to draw attention to myself, I meant it about the argument going too far. Besides, maybe it would've been fun to watch, but I didn't want anyone getting banned. Maybe I should've left it, though.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6143|Vortex Ring State

pace51 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I didn't want anyone getting banned.
OOOOOOOOOOORLY?
pace51
Boom?
Happy mothers day!
Sun. May 9, 2010                                Pace51

Real World Facts Mothers Day Special: Lockheed P-3 Orion
Because it watches over you 

Powered by: four 3661-kW Allison T56-14 Turboprop engines.
Armament: Up to 9076 Kg of ordnance including nuclear and conventional anti-ship weapons.
Max. Speed: 761 KmH
Patrol Radius: 2494 Km/H

The inexpensive conceiving of the P-3 was when companies decided to convert a commercial airliner to maritime patrol duties. However, they didn’t realize how effective the aircraft they had produced would prove to be.

It was based on the civilian aircraft design designated the “Electra”. It was quite reliable with four engines in case one failed, and it had a great range and could stay in the sky for long periods of time, perfect for patrol duties. It has been in the US navy and with other countries, most notably Norway, South Korea, and Australia. The great thing about the P-3 is that its features aren’t outstanding, but they compliment each other so well. It can monitor large areas of space, and fire on ships, it has a decent speed and a nice radius, and updated equipment. Most importantly, it is inexpensive, even with the upgrades it is cost effective, and any country can easily afford to have 10-20 numbers of these aircraft patrolling daily, although only nations like the USA have enough Orions. It doesn’t have an super special perk that makes it better than other naval patrol aircraft, but these are less expensive and about 1.5+ of these can be built or upgraded for the price of an EC-130. It is a very powerful submarine hunter. It has advanced sonics equipment including Directional Acoustics-frequency Analysis and Recording sonobuoy processing gear. It also has APS-115 search radar. It can find a periscope amidst the waves of the sea or listen to a submarines propeller as it chugs through deep water.

In 1962, the first P-3 flew. The P-3B was upgraded, however, mainly received performance upgrades, like engine updates, and not equipment additions. This was in 1965. The P-3C is currently in service today and arrived in 1968. Many countries received exported models. Oceania especially, more specifically Australia and New Zealand, loved this aircraft. Australia is currently in the process of finishing upgrades to their current P-3’s. The P-3 has good short airfield performance and also has good handling plus extra fuselage space. Four pilots control the Orion, while 6 operatives manage the Avionics and equipment systems onboard. The RAF is ordering P-3’s to replace its nimrods.

The P-3C also equips Canada, Japan, the Netherlands, and Pakistan. It serves its maritime patrol and ASW (Anti-submarine-warfare) roles very well. The P-3 carries a loral AN/ALQ-78A ESM pod. Aluminum alloys make up the tailfin and tail structure. There is an electrical anti-icing system and the tail also has dihedrals, which drastically help the Orions performance. The tailcone now houses an AN/ASQ-81 Magnetic Anomaly Detector, which greatly aids in tracking and locating submarines underwater. Advanced electronic, magnetic, and sonar detection systems are contained in the main cabin. Many computers and sensors line the walls, making it look like a flying computer lab. It is very cool to be inside one. Two permanent weapons pylons are fitted to the outboard engines. The undercarriage is a “tricycle” model, and has forwards-, twin-, and main-reacting hydraulic operations, as well as nose wheels.

The powerful four Allison Turboprop engines have Hamilton constant-speed propellers, suited to patrol duties. The 6 man team in the cabin is directed by the Tactical Co-Coordinator. When finding a ship, a submarine will often team up with the Orion and assist it. The submarine uses its SONAR devices while the P-3 uses its electronic searching equipment and radars to locate an enemy ship. Then, a turbojet harpoon missile can be fired. The missile has onboard specialized radar allowing it to keep a few meters above the water. Then, the harpoon jumps in the air over the bow hull, and comes crashing down usually fore of midships, in the bow of the ship.

In total, 14 countries in the world operate the P-3C model. The P-3’s KA-74 camera and handheld equipment is used to locate ships. The Orion can be used to prevent smuggling in Coast Guard duties, or be used to patrol naval zones. This guide mainly talked about the P-3C, but there are more recent models, but they’re quite specialized. The Orion’s delivered to Norway and South Korea were named Update III’s. For forty years they have been in production, although recently by Korea. The P-3 has comfy bunks for resting and food is served around the clock to keep its crews constantly primed for duty. The Electronic Intelligence gathering version is the ELINT, called the EP-3.

Happy mothers day!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6765|London, England
It's being replaced by the P-8 Poseidon

Real world facts about the P-8 Poseidon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-8_Poseidon
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6835|Devon, England
SU-47 next
pace51
Boom?

FFLink wrote:

SU-47 next
Whoah. Ummm... getting the data could take a while.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5846|College Park, MD
Pace it's been 1 week and 1 day since you last posted a RWF, what's up?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6803|The darkside of Denver
yea i want my Michael Whittman RWF.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5618|Ventura, California

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

He said he left.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6613

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

He said he left.
Last post: 1 hour, 34 minutes ago

Yeah seems like he did.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
phishsux
­
+131|5276
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5618|Ventura, California
I thought he left, I hadn't seem him in a while.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
phishsux
­
+131|5276
baggs
+732|6348
i was hoping it was coma, oh well.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6641

baggs wrote:

i was hoping it was coma, oh well.
it was a ragequit pout. Mum came round with a box of Kleenex©, all is well again.
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|6141

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

He said he left.
Where?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6819|Canberra, AUS
according to his sig... to find more rwf's.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5381|Cleveland, Ohio

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

i hate you right now
pace51
Boom?

11 Bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

i hate you right now
Alright. I've been busy, but time to make it up to you guys. As an apology for my... absence... Here's a little present. I intend to update the RWF's as regularly as I used to again. And as to this guide I'm putting on right now...

Its the F-22 Raptor.

Last edited by pace51 (2010-05-18 06:22:12)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6765|London, England

11 Bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

i hate you right now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnukuTwynwY#t=1m23s
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5381|Cleveland, Ohio

pace51 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

i hate you right now
Alright. I've been busy, but time to make it up to you guys. As apology for my... absence... Here's a little present. I intend to update the RWF's as regularly as I used to again. And as to this guide I'm putting on right now...

Its the F-22 Raptor.
i wasnt talking to you
pace51
Boom?
Sat. May. 15/10                                Pace51

Real World Facts about the F-22 Raptor