Poll

Which Version Do/Did You Enjoy More?

Pre-Patch40%40% - 14
Post-Patch (Current)60%60% - 21
Total: 35
Chou
+737|6801
Increased the repair and overheat speeds of the Power Tool. Now overheats sooner but repairs the same amount before overheating.
What the fuck does this mean in the end?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6685|Canberra, AUS

Chou wrote:

Increased the repair and overheat speeds of the Power Tool. Now overheats sooner but repairs the same amount before overheating.
don't see how it could be any clearer than it is tbh.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5248|Cleveland, Ohio
whoah whoah whoah...

when did this patch come out?  for ps3?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5189|Sydney

Chou wrote:

To break it down, it repairs quicker, and overheats quicker.

They explained the same thing twice, 2nd sentence has a more detailed explaination.

It's pretty obvious tbh.... well, I thought so at least... *whistles noncholantly*
Jaekus
+957|5189|Sydney

11 Bravo wrote:

whoah whoah whoah...

when did this patch come out?  for ps3?
2 day ago, for PC.

I'm quite liking it. Tracers are actually fun to use now they actually have a bit of pace behind them.
Nerfing the helis was probably a bit retarded, all they needed to do was increase anti air capabilites (like the tracer). Doing both at once is swinging the pendulum too far in the other direction.

The server menu is finally workable, I'm actually getting HEAPS more servers show up. Before I couldn't get certain servers even searching for them by name.

I also like the way it saves your kit profiles.

Overall I'm pretty happy. It's not perfect by any means, but it's headed in the right direction.
Brasso
+1,549|6641

does the M95 with mag ammo not kill in one shot from close range anymore?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
11 Bravo
Banned
so not for PS3?
Jaekus
+957|5189|Sydney

haffeysucks wrote:

I'm pretty sure it definitely does, if what I was coming up against last night was anything to go by... unless they're REALLY good at getting headshots in CQB.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479

Chou wrote:

It means that you can repair tanks at roughly the same speed, while you can rip people's faces apart really, really fast.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5799|Catherine Black

11 Bravo wrote:

so not for PS3?
It'll be out for consoles soon.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6281
Actually I think I prefer the gameplay now. Less explosions is great. The Helicopter thing is completely messed up but for now i'm happy staying on the ground and blowing up anybody stupid enough to get in a helicopter. Although most bail out as soon as I start locking on.

However!

Performance has dropped significantly. Before the patch I played at 40-60 fps and now it frequently drops below 20 and its doing my head in. I can't aim properly, especially with the shotguns. There's nothing I can do about it, my settings were already as low as they could go. I just have to sit here and wait for DICE to sort it out, which frankly I don't see happening any time soon.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
My only problem is the helicopter and sniper guns getting fucked up.
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|6008
The OHK zone with sniper rifles is pretty weird. I shot a guy who just spawned into the butt and he died instantly. Then I shot a guy from about 5 meters into the chest and he kept walking...
11 Bravo
Banned

Finray wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

so not for PS3?
It'll be out for consoles soon.
fuck cant wait.  sick of m60 clans and sniper shotguns.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6576|Area 51
Must say post-patch, with a slight touch of pre-patch because I absolutely hate the fuckin' default inside vehicle FOV!!

haffeysucks wrote:

It still does, don't worry

Last edited by RDMC (2010-04-24 10:06:58)

Phrozenbot
+632|6626|do not disturb

Game froze on me and has weird little pauses for some reason, so this patch seems to have stability issues. A plus is the server browser update.

Didn't see anyone using an M60 or had a chance to play with/against helis.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6010|Vortex Ring State
The new server browser is

I'm liking it, people are actually using tactics now. Or maybe it's just cause I unlocked body armor around the same time the patch came out (I don't play THAT much, lul)
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6664
Since the patch my average KD has shot up, my average Rage per Round has gone down, and overall the game's a lot more fun
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6724|Purplicious Wisconsin

JohnG@lt wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

They made a lot of stupid changes. Giving all bolt-action sniper rifles the same damage, meaning the M95 has gone from best to worst (slooooooow reload for nothing), and the SV98 has gone from worst to best (due to its 10 round mag, high accuracy and fast reload).

The AN-94 is now a god gun, and i'm quite happily using it. I used it a lot pre-patch and now anything except this weapon is pointless. So again they completely messed up, although so far i'm going along with it this time.

The Helicopter. I don't need to say any more. Someone at DICE has never played the PC version.

But even with all those absolutely braindead decisions they made, at least i'm not getting killed by the 40mm grenade every 5 seconds, and that's something.

I vote it was better before, although I like the reduction in explosives.
Not true at all. The buffed up AEK and the M16 kill faster than the AN-94 past 15 meters. The AN-94 does stay competitive at range though. The AN-94 was always a kickass gun btw, just no one used it because they didn't like the 2 round burst. It's been the most accurate assault rifle since release (by a lot).
AN 94 was like the perfect gun for me in the ps3 beta. Good at every range, and it wasn't a 3 shot burst meaning less ammo consumption.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6665

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Actually I think I prefer the gameplay now. Less explosions is great. The Helicopter thing is completely messed up but for now i'm happy staying on the ground and blowing up anybody stupid enough to get in a helicopter. Although most bail out as soon as I start locking on.

However!

Performance has dropped significantly. Before the patch I played at 40-60 fps and now it frequently drops below 20 and its doing my head in. I can't aim properly, especially with the shotguns. There's nothing I can do about it, my settings were already as low as they could go. I just have to sit here and wait for DICE to sort it out, which frankly I don't see happening any time soon.
I'm also getting crappier performance. Really fucking annoying.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5519|America
Run it in DX9 = performance is increased.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
+16|5182|Between your mama's legs.

Blade4509 wrote:

how do you do that? just through settings? Sorry to lazy to just get on the game and look.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6665

Been running Dx9 recently and I get faster load times and slightly smoother performance (though still definitely decreased since before the patch), but when I run fraps now, I get major major lag, even with decreased settings Used to be able to record and get decent framerates when I was running Dx10 with everything on high and no AA. Now I get shit framerates when running Dx9 with everything on medium and no AA. wtf is this shit.
Jaekus
+957|5189|Sydney

JadedDope wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

how do you do that? just through settings? Sorry to lazy to just get on the game and look.
Navigate to ~mydocuments/bfbc2, open the settings.ini file, change the value of "Directx=" (or something to this effect) from "auto" to "9".
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6281

Blade4509 wrote:

I've been running it in DX9 since I got the game. By lowest settings I mean lowest settings.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard