Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black
Recorded a nice round in Panama Canal where I went 39-9. It's kinda boring, but I did it mainly so people could see what the gameplay is like before they bought it. I tried to play a bit of everything, with a few attatchments, and show most of the mechanics of each class.

The third part is still processing, so the quality will be terrible until it's fully done.

If you liked this give me a thumbs up on each video, would make up for the (in total) 15 re-attempts to upload.

(Also, thanks for the recommended audioswap, Youtube )
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England
You weren't kidding when you said it was boring GJ on the vids though. Were you using default FOV? It was making my eyes hurt watching it.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

JohnG@lt wrote:

You weren't kidding when you said it was boring GJ on the vids though. Were you using default FOV? It was making my eyes hurt watching it.
I use 85 in the .ini file. This is after the patch, where the FOV in vehicles resets to default.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Finray wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I use 85 in the .ini file. This is after the patch, where the FOV in vehicles resets to default.
Aha! That's why my eyes were in pain. I use the default FOV since I don't have a widescreen monitor.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-04-22 12:16:48)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6285|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

JohnG@lt wrote:

Finray wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Aha! That's why my eyes were in pain. I use the default FOV since I don't have a widescreen monitor.
I got widescreen, I use default FOV

What finray uses causes dimensions to warp when you look around..... eventually making your eyes bleed X_x
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
K brah I'll be over here being able to see stuff, enjoy your tunnel vision.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Good on you for making a gameplay video to help people buy it... just don't do it on the worst map in the game
FloppY_
­

Finray wrote:

There is no tunnel vision..

Your 1.27 KDR certainly proves that your higher FOV is better than mine and my 2.26 KDR

mtb0minime wrote:

Good on you for making a gameplay video to help people buy it... just don't do it on the worst map in the game
Watch your tongue mate

One of the best maps imo

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-04-22 12:44:36)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

Your 1.27 KDR certainly proves that your higher FOV is better than mine and my 2.26 KDR

mtb0minime wrote:

Watch your tongue mate

One of the best maps imo
lol. panama is the worst map in any game ever.

lol. kdr means so much in this game.

lol. you have a platinum on the M60 and M2CG.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
FloppY_
­

Miggle wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Watch your tongue mate

One of the best maps imo

I did them for the lulz in ~1-2 weeks

And Panama is pretty win

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-04-22 12:55:46)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

FloppY_ wrote:

Miggle wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

Watch your tongue mate

One of the best maps imo

I did them for the lulz in ~1-2 weeks

And Panama is pretty win
for a CG/M60 whore, 2.26 kills per death is piss poor.

panama is awful.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Miggle wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Watch your tongue mate

One of the best maps imo

Gonna have to go with Miggle on this one.

Panama Canal is terrible.

You've got gold stars on all the weapons and plats on M60, CG, and AT4? (or was it the RPG?). Don't you think you're playing the game a little too much? I think it's skewing your view of the game. Don't get me wrong, I like going for the awards as well (a challenge of sorts), but no one should become so obsessed with that that they get sucked too deep into the game. Just take a step back and realize that this game is not the best ever and doesn't deserve as much time as you're giving it
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6268

mtb0minime wrote:

Good on you for making a gameplay video to help people buy it... just don't do it on the worst best map in the game
Fixed.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6129|Carnoustie MASSIF

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

stats r lief.

KDR means fuck all, who cares? Just so you can go and have a wank over your above-average KDR.

Mine is .96 and you don't see me baaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwing about it.

Grow up.
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

mtb0minime wrote:

You've got gold stars on all the weapons and plats on M60, CG, and AT4? (or was it the RPG?). Don't you think you're playing the game a little too much? I think it's skewing your view of the game. Don't get me wrong, I like going for the awards as well (a challenge of sorts), but no one should become so obsessed with that that they get sucked too deep into the game. Just take a step back and realize that this game is not the best ever and doesn't deserve as much time as you're giving it
Bennett 2.0
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Ok, I know this thread is getting a bit derailed but seriously? Panama Canal? Best map? Same sentence? Without a "not" thrown in there?

I appreciate that the flags aren't linear like the rest of the Conquest maps, I appreciate that it is a vertical map as well as a horizontal map, I appreciate that there are multiple routes to get to multiple flags from any other flag. It's all good in theory, but the map is just so poorly executed.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6268
Well here's my thought process.

It's not Rush, so that instantly puts it near the top of the 'best maps' list.
It's not incredibly cramped, so that puts it even closer to the top.
It's not narrow and linear.
It has interesting terrain. While it's open which means there will be snipers, there is also heaps of cover so you can avoid them. It has loads of visually interesting scenery as well, including a huge dry dock as the centerpiece, and lots of destroyed buildings.
AT Mines.
It has one of those cool 'factory' type buildings (which are in most maps but its always a bonus. Great fighting area.)
It has vehicles (OH MY GOD)

To me it's one of only 2-3 maps that feel like Battlefield maps.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-04-22 13:08:02)

FloppY_
­

mtb0minime wrote:

Miggle wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

Watch your tongue mate

One of the best maps imo

Gonna have to go with Miggle on this one.

Panama Canal is terrible.

Meh not like I've got better stuff to do...

mtb0minime wrote:

Ok, I know this thread is getting a bit derailed but seriously? Panama Canal? Best map? Same sentence? Without a "not" thrown in there?

I appreciate that the flags aren't linear like the rest of the Conquest maps, I appreciate that it is a vertical map as well as a horizontal map, I appreciate that there are multiple routes to get to multiple flags from any other flag. It's all good in theory, but the map is just so poorly executed.
I like it...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

mtb0minime wrote:

I think it was done really well. It's wide open, but limits sniper fields of view. It has a good number of armored vehicles but not enough to dominate the entire map, they become more of a side show while the infantry runs around capping/defending flags. There are four flags to cap, and the action at each is entirely different. Lastly, there are a million places to hide and plenty of cover. I just wish the map didn't lag my computer so badly when servers are full.
-Frederick Bastiat
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

It has interesting terrain. While it's open which means there will be snipers, there is also heaps of cover so you can avoid them. It has loads of visually interesting scenery as well, including a huge dry dock as the centerpiece, and lots of destroyed buildings.
AT Mines.
It has one of those cool 'factory' type buildings (which are in most maps but its always a bonus. Great fighting area.)

I agree with most of what you said. But going back to what I said earlier, it's good in theory, it's good on paper, it sounds like a map I would really love... but when I actually play the map, I think it's a mess and not very fun.

But hey, it's a map, it's subjective. And it seems like I'm in the minority here. I just can't seem to enjoy the map. But if everyone else can, then good for you guys Dice can't please everyone.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2010-04-22 13:12:47)

FloppY_
­

mtb0minime wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

AT Mines.

I agree with most of what you said. But going back to what I said earlier, it's good in theory, it's good on paper, it sounds like a map I would really love... but when I actually play the map, I think it's a mess and not very fun.

But hey, it's a map, it's subjective. And it seems like I'm in the minority here. I just can't seem to enjoy the map. But if everyone else can, then good for you guys Dice can't please everyone.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 9#p3117549
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

mtb0minime wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

AT Mines.

What is your favorite BC2 map then?
-Frederick Bastiat
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

1.27? I woulda thought it would have been lower than that.

You see, I'm not one of those 'sit at the back and shoot people' or 'sit waaaay back and snipe people' or 'use every OP weapon before it gets nerfed' people. I prefer to run and gun, take chances, run out of cover, plant bombs, use balanced weapons, and because of this, my KD suffers. Like I care. At least I'm not camping or using 40MM grenades or M2CG or the M60.

E: Also, lmao at you looking up my stats to try and prove a point.

Last edited by Finray (2010-04-22 13:14:01)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

My favorite map? Hmm. I really like Valparaiso and Arica Harbor. Which is hilarious because they're very linear, are loaded with dumbfuck snipers, etc. Yet I really enjoy playing those maps.

It's funny. With Panama Canal my thoughts are: It's a good map in theory, but I just can't seem to enjoy it, even though I should.
With the two maps I mentioned, my thoughts are: They're terrible maps in theory, but I really really like them and get excited when I see the server is loading them.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
The three jungle maps are my favorites although the two rush ones have ridiculous bottlenecks at their midpoints. I've seen too many games die at the third MCOM.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard