Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5998|The Mitten
Real BF2s Facts about Real World Facts                                                                 4/22/2010 (the real way it should be)
Morpheus

Like it or not, Real World Facts are here. For good, or for bad. Now, some claim they are spam, while others say they are a helpful tool. They have spawned countless spin-offs even worse than the Cleveland show, and even more bans/AWMs than one can count. Multiple controversies surround these Real World Facts.
Real World Facts threads have recently been proven legitimate, as the owner as recently cited sources used. Spin off threads have been created that have copied and pasted lines from Wikipedia, or less credible sources.
There is a strong claim that Real World Facts count as Spam, while contention is held that the spin offs are worthy of the Spam label. It is the position of the author, however, that Spam is in the eye of the poster - if one wishes to have intelligent discussion, spam would be considered anything stupid, childish, et cetera; if one wishes to partake in the textual equivalent of a school-yard circle jerk, however, real world facts (not to be confused with Real World Facts) would be considered spam.
The final controversy surrounding Real World Facts is the issue of Moderator Action against Real World Facts treads and their spin-offs. Or rather, the severity of action against Spin-Offs, and the lack of action against Real World Facts. Many theories have been postulated as to what to do about these facts, however, the lack of support by the Moderator Staff means that as of 12:27 EST, the silent battle is still raging.
The more popular solution to the Real World Fact problem would be that it simply disappear. This, however, may not be in the best interest of BF2s, so a compromise has been forth that all Real World Facts are contained within one thread, or at least one sub-section of the forums. This would be one of the easiest methods, and has already been attempted. However, through a lack of co-ordination and failed Moderator support, the attempt has not succeed
The biggest issue with one thread at least in the author's eyes) is the ability of organization -or lack thereof. One solitary thread would get messy, and un-organized. it would also raise the question of who can post Real World Facts in the Real World Facts thread. The author of this Real BF2s Fact, however, has a solution:

http://wiki.bf2s.com/site

The creation of a Wiki page for each Real World Fact would provide a home for each unique Real World Fact, keeping it all organized and displayed in a manner that is acceptable to everyone.

Hopefully this thread will provide the discussion required to make a decision by the Moderator Staff, and resolve the issues of Real World Facts.
EE (hats
pace51
Boom?
+194|5172|Markham, Ontario

Morpheus wrote:

Real BF2s Facts about Real World Facts                                                                 4/22/2010 (the real way it should be)
Morpheus

Like it or not, Real World Facts are here. For good, or for bad. Now, some claim they are spam, while others say they are a helpful tool. They have spawned countless spin-offs even worse than the Cleveland show, and even more bans/AWMs than one can count. Multiple controversies surround these Real World Facts.
Real World Facts threads have recently been proven legitimate, as the owner as recently cited sources used. Spin off threads have been created that have copied and pasted lines from Wikipedia, or less credible sources.
There is a strong claim that Real World Facts count as Spam, while contention is held that the spin offs are worthy of the Spam label. It is the position of the author, however, that Spam is in the eye of the poster - if one wishes to have intelligent discussion, spam would be considered anything stupid, childish, et cetera; if one wishes to partake in the textual equivalent of a school-yard circle jerk, however, real world facts (not to be confused with Real World Facts) would be considered spam.
The final controversy surrounding Real World Facts is the issue of Moderator Action against Real World Facts treads and their spin-offs. Or rather, the severity of action against Spin-Offs, and the lack of action against Real World Facts. Many theories have been postulated as to what to do about these facts, however, the lack of support by the Moderator Staff means that as of 12:27 EST, the silent battle is still raging.
The more popular solution to the Real World Fact problem would be that it simply disappear. This, however, may not be in the best interest of BF2s, so a compromise has been forth that all Real World Facts are contained within one thread, or at least one sub-section of the forums. This would be one of the easiest methods, and has already been attempted. However, through a lack of co-ordination and failed Moderator support, the attempt has not succeed
The biggest issue with one thread at least in the author's eyes) is the ability of organization -or lack thereof. One solitary thread would get messy, and un-organized. it would also raise the question of who can post Real World Facts in the Real World Facts thread. The author of this Real BF2s Fact, however, has a solution:

http://wiki.bf2s.com/site

The creation of a Wiki page for each Real World Fact would provide a home for each unique Real World Fact, keeping it all organized and displayed in a manner that is acceptable to everyone.

Hopefully this thread will provide the discussion required to make a decision by the Moderator Staff, and resolve the issues of Real World Facts.
I love you. But seriously, thats genius. I'm going to go ask a mod right away!
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire
But The Cleveland Show got better

This will probably be closed beacuse of spam/trolls. Or at least purged of those posts. Be civil haters.
While I don't think all of Pace's topics are spam the rate at which he is creating them is a little too much for my likes.
One thing, shouldn't DoctorStranglove's topics go into the humour and stories section anyway?
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pace51
Boom?
+194|5172|Markham, Ontario

pace51 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

youre gay
You realize he isn't taking sides? You just lost all credebility. Now, this proves that you, bravo, aren't hating these threads because you don't like them. You're just following the tantalizing promises of the bandwagon, and jumping on like you think your some kind of vigilante. You hate posts FOR THE SAKE OF HATING THEM.
RWF ARE HERE TO STAY
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
Also, people, STOP BLAMING THE MODS. OR PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT MY THREADS. The only one you should blame is ME. Troll ME. Get angry at ME.

I'm not a troll, just a guy who enjoys writing factual guides for those who appreciate them in turn.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
shut. the fuck. up.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5236|Cleveland, Ohio

pace51 wrote:

pace51 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

youre gay
You realize he isn't taking sides? You just lost all credebility. Now, this proves that you, bravo, aren't hating these threads because you don't like them. You're just following the tantalizing promises of the bandwagon, and jumping on like you think your some kind of vigilante. You hate posts FOR THE SAKE OF HATING THEM.
RWF ARE HERE TO STAY
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
Also, people, STOP BLAMING THE MODS. OR PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT MY THREADS. The only one you should blame is ME. Troll ME. Get angry at ME.

I'm not a troll, just a guy who enjoys writing factual guides for those who appreciate them in turn.
those threads are spam.  nobody cares.  they are gone after a few hours.  spam spam spam.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom
mad troll props pace51
Tu Stultus Es
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5998|Vortex Ring State

Eifa wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

your
You are
u r
Eifa is.

and pace is either a troll (especially since he "is" canadian) or REALLY DUMB (probs not, or I'll feel REAL sorry for the rest of the canadians out thar.)
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
Btw a whole section for these paste threads is a shit solution for people who browse by recent posts button.

1 thread and then we can all move on ffs.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6325|England

jord wrote:

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6472|6 6 4 oh, I forget

jord wrote:

Btw a whole section for these paste threads is a shit solution for people who browse by recent posts button.

This ^^

And if someone happened to miss this, here's an encore:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

1927 wrote:

Method - I know exactly what you mean mate.  I didnt say fuck all, I just kept away from the forums a bit and fell back in love with work, and out of love with bf2s.  Now if everyone felt that way, one day surley the powers that be would regret not listening.

Cant we have a thread to discuss this like adults without it being closed aswell, where a precident gets set,  a rule set in stone and then if people dont like the outcome they can either fuck off elsewhere, ignore Pace's plane threads, or take an interest in them?
for me, the precedent is the rules - contribute or don't post.  what is there to talk about?  Either the threads go bye bye to the second page or people who have nothing better to do than post nonsense keep bumping them to the top, then complain when they are awm'd/banned.  we are all big boys here, we should be able to control our posting to topics we care about posting in, right? I don't spam cricket threads with nonsense, because i don't care about it.  same with coca-cola league, same with real world facts about any plane.  i don't care, so i don't post in it.  i really don't understand how some people find the urge to post nonsense uncontrollable.  Yes, we are a small community and most of the regulars notice when there is a new member - but that doesn't mean you guys get to dictate what he posts.
Now tell me why, for example in the sports section there is ONE F1 thread, ONE NHL thread, ONE NBA thread, ONE WC anysport thread, ONE footy league A thread, ONE footy league B thread, ONE NFL thread? Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it that the forum wouldn't be clogged up with useless threads about the same fucking shit that could be discussed in the same fucking topic with people who had interest in the fucking content could go discuss fucking fuck? Those real world things MIGHT be of some use and/or interesting to some if they were in one single thread. People in my opinion were starting nicely to accept that there are certain threads for certain topics only.

Thank you.

Fuck.

/rant

Oh, and I'm starting to suspect YOU are pace.
Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|5870|00770

JakAttaK wrote:

jord wrote:

No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6691|England

Eifa wrote:

JakAttaK wrote:

jord wrote:

this please - cos they're all shit
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6325|England

Shadow893 wrote:

Eifa wrote:

JakAttaK wrote:

this please - cos they're all shit
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire
I know this isn't a democracy, but there really should be a poll to see the member's opinions.
See:
how many are against all real world facts
how many support a brand new giant thread for them
how many want a subsection
how many want it to stay as it is
how many dont care
Shadow893
lel
+75|6691|England

RTHKI wrote:

I know this isn't a democracy, but there really should be a poll to see the member's opinions.
See:
how many dont care
what? a whole new subsection? lol i thought you were serious for a second
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire

Shadow893 wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

See:
how many dont care
what? a whole new subsection? lol i thought you were serious for a second
wat. those were just things people have said. i never said which i support. I'm beginning to lean towards the 1st option
bennisboy
+829|6645|Poundland

Eifa wrote:

JakAttaK wrote:

jord wrote:

11 Bravo
Banned

bennisboy wrote:

Eifa wrote:

JakAttaK wrote:

youz guys know the mods dont want to do that because they want to flex their tiny e penises

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-04-22 11:56:54)

bennisboy
+829|6645|Poundland

11 Bravo wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Eifa wrote:

youz guys know the mods want do that because they want to flex their tiny e penises
I think you mean "won't" not "want"

The mods are just trying to keep shit in order, which would actually be a lot easier for them if it was one thread....

MODS ARE YOU READING!!!
11 Bravo
Banned
aye
Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5161
An ignore feature would have solved this issue on day one.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard