Overdose
+13|6129|Fort Worth, TX
I currently have 4GB(4*1GB) of Crucial ddr2-1066Mhz ram. If no one has heard, these sticks stuck. I have rma'ed all 4 sticks 3 times in the past 2 years and now have to send all four again. I'm fed up with them so now I'm looking for high clocked ddr2 ram. So I know ddr2 prices have spiked in the past few months, so I'm wondering if prices will fall back down anytime soon. If not, can anyone recommend some reliable and fast ram for an overclocker. Specs are an Asus P5E and a Q6600

So far I have been looking at these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6820231283
would anyone recommend them?
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6014|The Mitten
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi … 0Series%29

I'm a corsair man myself, what can i say.
had nothing but good stick from them.
EE (hats
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5193|Sydney
G Skill have a pretty good rep, go for it.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6731
I have 4 gb of ddr2 800mhz corsair and they are great.
Love is the answer
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6478|cuntshitlake

I have had my 2x1GB kit of corsair 800MHz for about two years now and they are still going strong after being put under 2.3V+ in some OC sessions. They don't clock that well though, could barely go 900MHz 24/7 stable with reasonable voltage (then again my mobo is known to have conflicts with ram). Out of all DDR2 brands I have owned I've only had a 2GB stick of G.Skill fail.

Last edited by DUnlimited (2010-04-20 01:44:05)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5803|Catherine Black
I can't help you, I have 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix, only ever had to RMA one stick in two years.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
jaymz9350
+54|6592
I couldn't personally recommend those sticks but I've nothing but good luck with G.Skill as a brand from DDR1-DDR3.
Overdose
+13|6129|Fort Worth, TX
My main issue is that I don't want to rma my ram every 6 months. What I've heard about the Asus P5E is that it has RAM issues and i need to know what current ram is compatible with it.
Computer_Guy
+54|6712
I had corsair ddr2 800 on my old p5e and it worked fine for years.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6582|NYC / Hamburg

You don't need any crazy fast ram. DDR2-800 will take you up to 3.6GHz, DDR2-1066 will take you all the way to ~4.8GHz.

this should do the trick perfectly, assuming you won't push beyond 3.6GHz
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6405

I get the impression that corsair is overrated, just from general observation (never used it myself, only G-Skill/generic).
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6212|Winland

some_random_panda wrote:

I get the impression that corsair is overrated, just from general observation (never used it myself, only G-Skill/generic).
Corsair have a great reputation, and they most certainly deserve it. I've once had a stick DOA from them, but that's one in the about twenty I've bought the last decade. I'm still using the same RAM in my machine as I did when I had a P4. It's been running 24/7 since three or four years back at 2.1V.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6512

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Corsair have a great reputation, and they most certainly deserve it. I've once had a stick DOA from them, but that's one in the about twenty I've bought the last decade. I'm still using the same RAM in my machine as I did when I had a P4. It's been running 24/7 since three or four years back at 2.1V.
heh, i've got similar usage, no RMA's here. when i build a pc for family, i always use corsair

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard