prototype
+52|6320
does "facebook" keep a "log" of what IP addresses have accessed an account, similar to what Gmail does like in the link below ?

http://erratasec.blogspot.com/2008/07/g … s-log.html

I searched everywhere and could not find an answer, I also posted here because i know that the people that come here probably know more about this kind of stuff than the people who are paid to know.

thank you/karma for all replies
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6008|Vortex Ring State

prototype wrote:

karma for all replies
bitch plz?

On topic, FB like any other website will probably track the last 5 or more IPs that connect to your account from, in order to track down abusers.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5726|Vancouver, BC, Canada
As far as I know, such a feature does not exist, unfortunately.
CC-Marley
+407|6838
Not sure.. Would it be a good thing?
jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

CC-Marley wrote:

Not sure.. Would it be a good thing?
I think he wants to know so he can see what ip connected to his account. Useful to see of you suspect someone else has been peeking at your account from another machine.
CC-Marley
+407|6838
Who cares who looked at it?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6506

CC-Marley wrote:

prototype
JackerP
aka S.J.N.P.0717
+21|6287|Mo Val, Cali

CC-Marley wrote:

Not look at it but logged in. I'd imagine most fb accounts would have sensitive information on them to not want anyone other than yourself on it.
jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

burnzz wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

prototype
this
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6183|Sydney | ♥

it's logged but not displayed
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6165|Vancouver | Canada
Yes it does.

I got notified a few weeks ago that someone in India tried accessing my account, and walked me through the password reset process ('cause it's so hard to figure out.)
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6183|Sydney | ♥

DefCon-17 wrote:

Yes it does.

I got notified a few weeks ago that someone in India tried accessing my account, and walked me through the password reset process ('cause it's so hard to figure out.)
that sounds like phishing to me
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5187|Sydney
I had an email yesterday telling me I'd won 25,000,000 chips on Zynga poker and I'd just have to click a link to collect.

Of course I didn't, what with the spelling mistakes in the email and the fact there was no notification in facebook itself.
prototype
+52|6320

Trotskygrad wrote:

prototype wrote:

karma for all replies
bitch plz?

On topic, FB like any other website will probably track the last 5 or more IPs that connect to your account from, in order to track down abusers.
I gave you karma, b!tch but only because you said please
prototype
+52|6320

tazz. wrote:

it's logged but not displayed
do you mean to say that it is logged for only the facebook admins to see and not the public or the owner of a facebook account ?
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6520|Gold Coast
You could try shooting an email to support/whatever. Id say thats the best way to get a reply/find out.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6746|Oxferd Ohire
Wow. He did give out karma O.O quite a bit at that

Last edited by RTHKI (2010-04-13 22:37:11)

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
prototype
+52|6320

RTHKI wrote:

Wow. He did give out karma O.O quite a bit at that
all gave some, some gave all
prototype
+52|6320

KuSTaV wrote:

You could try shooting an email to support/whatever. Id say thats the best way to get a reply/find out.
thanks for the tip, i did send an email but i dont expect to hear back from them for at least days if not weeks or ever

i figured this would be the fastest way to get quality answers as well as smart ass replies

i dont mind either, just dont take my quad bike at the start of a conquest map in BFBC2
I need those to flank the enemy and win the round.

karma for everyone...lol
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6664

....Was this the same guy wanting to get a keylogger for his "kids"-->girlfriend/wife ? Check his karma, it's that keylogger thread, which apparently is deleted (probably did it himself because he's a tool)
This is also for something fishy and suspicious, obviously. Why not contact facebook? Oh yeah, because they don't give stalkers information about where their members are coming from and going to.

Dude, see a therapist or something. I'm not saying that to be a smartass, I'm just trying to help. You've obviously got trust issues and need to get them sorted out.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2010-04-14 01:28:52)

Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6411|dm_maidenhead

prototype wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

thanks for the tip, i did send an email but i dont expect to hear back from them for at least days if not weeks or ever

i figured this would be the fastest way to get quality answers as well as smart ass replies

i dont mind either, just dont take my quad bike at the start of a conquest map in BFBC2
I need those to flank the enemy and win the round.

karma for everyone...lol
Out of interest, who did you email?

Because I have tried to contact facebook before, and apart from their lame question and answer help section (where users reply to questions, not admins) there is no 'contact us' or email address / phone number anywhere.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6716|67.222.138.85
Not for BF2S.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard