jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Or at least seems so IMO. In every battlefield game people seem to hate anything that is not a toe to toe assault rifle fight why is that? Why do people tend to despise snipers in bfbc2?

Last edited by jsnipy (2010-04-08 15:06:15)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6352|the land of bourbon
i dont hate them at all.  its a pretty sweet kit if properly used.  teammates camping get annoying sometimes, but if you get killed twice by the same guy in the same spot, then you deserve it really.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624
First off, snipers are bad in every game

second, snipers are bad because they are a means of avoiding direct combat without sacrificing your ability to get kills. In other words, you're too much of a pussy to actually fight someone and prefer to take shots at an enemy that doesn't directly fight back. Snipers tend to not do anything productive and instead fraps that one "amazing" long range kill they got out of the 87 shots they fired that round and proceed to fap to it.

So yeah snipers are up there on my 'fuck you' list, right next to the grenade launcher and the carl gustav
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6101|Carnoustie MASSIF
You two are stupid lucien, are stupid.

(apologies to steelie)

People ragging on how someone plays in a game, when they're playing for fun just piss me off. Deal with it. It's a game. If you don't like it, press exit, then shut your computer down, and go outside.

Last edited by CammRobb (2010-04-08 16:06:07)

jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Lucien wrote:

First off, snipers are bad in every game

second, snipers are bad because they are a means of avoiding direct combat without sacrificing your ability to get kills. In other words, you're too much of a pussy to actually fight someone and prefer to take shots at an enemy that doesn't directly fight back. Snipers tend to not do anything productive and instead fraps that one "amazing" long range kill they got out of the 87 shots they fired that round and proceed to fap to it.

So yeah snipers are up there on my 'fuck you' list, right next to the grenade launcher and the carl gustav
then go play unreal tournament and stop playing games with classes and vehicles
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

It's annoying to be working your ass off trying to cap a flag or blow up an M-COM, yet keep getting killed and get no support from your teammates, who are sitting in the far back trying to pick off enemies. I wouldn't be mad if they were able to hold off enough enemies for a few other people to get in there and plant, and kill anyone trying to defuse the station... But they can't and don't, so I hate them. At the very least, drop mortars on the building that the station is in.

Snipers on the defending team, whatever. At least they're trying to rid the attacking team of tickets.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2010-04-08 15:20:40)

jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

mtb0minime wrote:

get no support from your teammates.
That's the key to all of it. Just like in TF2 people whine about some imbalance of class on the other team. Whine because they are not willing to do what needs to be done to win (i.e. change your class to what is needed).
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624

CammRobb wrote:

You two are stupid.

People ragging on how someone plays in a game, when they're playing for fun just piss me off. Deal with it. It's a game. If you don't like it, press exit, then shut your computer down, and go outside.
Why do you think I play games? for the exercise?

Last edited by Lucien (2010-04-08 15:22:50)

CammRobb
Banned

mtb0minime wrote:

It's annoying to be working your ass off trying to cap a flag or blow up an M-COM, yet keep getting killed and get no support from your teammates, who are sitting in the far back trying to pick off enemies. I wouldn't be mad if they were able to hold off enough enemies for a few other people to get in there and plant, and kill anyone trying to defuse the station... But they can't and don't, so I hate them. At the very least, drop mortars on the building that the station is in.

Snipers on the defending team, whatever. At least they're trying to rid the attacking team of tickets.
I snipe people defusing the mcom, and drop mortars the second I see someone plant at an mcom

Lucien wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

You two are stupid.

Why do you think I play games? for the exercise?
Well, you obviously don't do it for fun otherwise you wouldn't be whining about it like a little bitch.

Last edited by CammRobb (2010-04-08 15:24:48)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624

jsnipy wrote:

Did I piss off the sniper?
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Lucien wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Did I piss off the sniper?
No piss taken. I play whatever class. I think I posted the same thing 3 years ago when people complained of armor. I think snipers are hated IRL as well ... jarheads confirm?

Last edited by jsnipy (2010-04-08 15:26:02)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

CammRobb wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

I snipe people defusing the mcom, and drop mortars the second I see someone plant at an mcom
So long as you're doing well at it and being successful. I was just want support from my teammates.

I play for the win, not for points or KDR.
Chou
+737|6761
If there was no sniper kit in this game, it wouldn't sell this good but definitely change the game play.
CammRobb
Banned
Lol lucien shut his fucking mouth there
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker
Because the vast majority of snipers in bc2 are simply farming kill points from long range rather than helping the team.  Hence the apt description of "pussy" that Lucien gave.  I've lost count of the times my squad has been capping a flag and the 4th member is sitting back hiding somewhere and not covering our advance.  As long as they work with the squad and team I don't mind em.  But if all you're going to do is play like this is COD and try to get the most kills ... you have earned my disrespect.  Kills are important, but not more important than the objective.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624

CammRobb wrote:

oh boy I didn't respond to your entry-level insults edited into an already shitty post fast enough, quick go get unbanned from my vent so you can tell me about it
CammRobb
Banned

Lucien wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

oh boy I didn't respond to your entry-level insults edited into an already shitty post fast enough, quick go get unbanned from my vent so you can tell me about it
OH NO! I'm banned from your vent? OH SHIT.

Do you get a boner when you ban people from your vent? Or do you and DU just sit there giggling like little girls.

"tehehehe we got him so good"

Jesus christ, you'd get an erection is a stiff breeze blew on the front of your trousers
steelie34
pub hero!

CammRobb wrote:

You two are stupid.
which two are you referring too?
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6561|Reisterstown, MD

That's every FPS, not necessarily exclusive to this game.
CammRobb
Banned

steelie34 wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

You two are stupid.
Wait, shit bro, I read your post wrong. I thought you were being an immature little sun-dodger as well
steelie34
pub hero!

CammRobb wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

You two are stupid.
Wait, shit bro, I read your post wrong. I thought you were being an immature little sun-dodger as well
lol no worries... i'm on your side.  ffs i'm 30 yrs old, i got over raging at video games 20 yrs ago

edit: maybe 10 yrs ago... otherwise i'd have been raging at oregon trail.  which i did anyway when i ended up drowning because i cant caulk a wagon properly

Last edited by steelie34 (2010-04-08 16:04:29)

Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6814|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Gol, Magnum ammo, 4x scope, run into combat

/win.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6678|67.222.138.85
Shitty players gravitate towards the kit

Lucien wrote:

because they are a means of avoiding direct combat without sacrificing your ability to get kills.
Watch an FPS noob pick up a new game, count the milliseconds until they pick up the sniper kit. If a team was limited to FPS vets I bet the percentage of snipers would be less than the expected percentage, and on top of that half the snipers would be brutally efficient with their weapon of choice. Instead the percentage in say BC2 is more like 40% instead of 25% like it should be and 30 of those 40% are sniper because otherwise they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6780|Marathon, Florida Keys
i use the m16/m60 to take care of snipers at any range with not many problems, glad they made over powered/ over accurate full auto weapons in a game finally to counter sniper faggots.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
CammRobb
Banned
"oh noes! someone is killing with a gun he can shoot from so far away, i dont like this, this isn't fair"

fuck me. shut up you idiots

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard