theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6747
Rant/

Ok, so I have noticed that NO ONE in BC2 seems to know how the Tracer Dart works. So for those that don't know, here is how it works.

Step 1. Fire the tracer dart at a vehicle so that it sicks to it.

Step 2. Using either the RPG-7 AT or the M2 Carl Gustav AT, aim at the vehicle for a few seconds until the little red square becomes a little bold red square and you will see the distance to the vehicle, i.e. '40 m' (or some distance)

Step 3. Pointing in the general direction of the vehicle, shoot and watch your rocket find its own way to the target. You don't even need to be facing in the same direction as the vehicle once you have the lock. You can just shoot it high into the air and it will change direction.

Done.

Now you may think this is obvious, but I have spent the whole weekend placing tracer darts on vehicles and I have not seen 1 person take out the vehicle using the tracer dart mechanism. They just stand up in plain sight of the vehicle, shoot and no doubt get themselves killed in the process.

/Rant
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6650
Step 1. Fire the tracer dart at a vehicle sniper so that it sticks to it.

Step 2. Using the M2 Carl Gustav AT, aim at the sniper for a few seconds until the little red square becomes a little bold red square and you will see the distance to the sniper, i.e. '450 m' (or some distance)

Step 3. Pointing straight up for extra cool points, shoot and watch your rocket find its own way to the sniper's face.

Step 4. Laugh at him through chat
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Chou
+737|6787

Lucien wrote:

Step 2. Using the M2 Carl Gustav AT, aim at the sniper for a few seconds until the little red square becomes a little bold red square and you will see the distance to the sniper, i.e. '450 m' (or some distance)

Step 3. Pointing straight up for extra cool points, shoot and watch your rocket find its own way to the sniper's face.

ah so that was you, lelz.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5175|Sydney
I've been using the tracer dart heaps today, but I agree not many will use it even when they could and should.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6747

Jaekus wrote:

I've been using the tracer dart heaps today, but I agree not many will use it even when they could and should.
They should as the armour in the game doesn't stand a chance once a tracer is on it and people know how to shoot at it.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6602|Greenwood, IN
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6650
Average round of isla innocentes right there
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6282|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
*cough*

Made by yours truly
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Chou
+737|6787
FloppY_
­
too bad the CG sucks vs vehicles :p
Chou
+737|6787

FloppY_ wrote:

too bad the CG sucks vs vehicles :p
Yeah, it took him 4 to 5 shots to get that sucker off the field
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6527

at4>RPG/gustav when it comes to making vehicles esplode
FloppY_
­

farmerfez wrote:

if the vehicle is behind a bush or some other semi-transparent grass/tree-like object.. the RPG prevails since the AT4 goes crazy when it tries shooting through bushes
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5234|Cleveland, Ohio
seems like too much work.  id rather go assualt kit and go to their main and c4 everything.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6527

FloppY_ wrote:

farmerfez wrote:

if the vehicle is behind a bush or some other semi-transparent grass/tree-like object.. the RPG prevails since the AT4 goes crazy when it tries shooting through bushes
meh I like the guidedness of the at4 because even firing through smoke and shit I can still hit stuff, and whenever i've used the tracer half of the missles don't hit because they hit a building or something on the way to the target so i'd rather keep the guiding in my hands.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6650
Doesn't the rpg-7 do more damage than the carl gustav against armor? Anyone got the stats for rocket launchers?
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6127|Carnoustie MASSIF
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England

Lucien wrote:

Doesn't the rpg-7 do more damage than the carl gustav against armor? Anyone got the stats for rocket launchers?
https://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8649/boomv.png

Tanks have 1250 health, hitting it in the back or sides does double damage.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-04-06 10:11:04)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5996|Vortex Ring State

Lucien wrote:

RPG works too...

Protip: Aim for the head with the tracer, so you get RPG headshots...
11 Bravo
Banned
so wait....i am watching some of those vids.

am i missing something or do you just point the tracer gun in the general direction of a vehicle and it finds it?
CammRobb
Banned

11 Bravo wrote:

am i missing something or do you just point the tracer gun in the general direction of a vehicle and it finds it?
lol no, you fire it at vehicle, and it sticks to it
11 Bravo
Banned

CammRobb wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

ok...thats what i thought.  but in the first vid....that thing must be accurate as hell.
CammRobb
Banned

11 Bravo wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

ok...thats what i thought.  but in the first vid....that thing must be accurate as hell.
there's next to no bullet drop on it, it just takes fucking ages to hit the target
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5996|Vortex Ring State

CammRobb wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

there's next to no bullet drop on it, it just takes fucking ages to hit the target
I'm pretty sure that there's now bullet drop.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England

Trotskygrad wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

I'm pretty sure that there's now bullet drop.
There is, you have to aim above the target. Only thing I have a problem tracering is helos but once I get that down... watch out!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard