HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5454|Bolingbrook, Illinois
lol ig no. my bot makes money. good enough for me. i can grind 24/7 as man
tables as i want. im not gonna risk that

but yea this thread is so stupid. u play to exploit your opponents.  like ig said there's not a single strategy you can use
to win everyime
phishsux
­
+131|5102
yea because they wont catch on to someone playing 24/7. have fun at the penny stakes, retard
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6206|Uk

phishsux wrote:

yea because they wont catch on to someone playing 24/7. have fun at the penny stakes, retard
^^ that
phishsux
­
+131|5102
oh and id love to play your little bot hu some day. even the most sophisticated bots cant play nl very well against good players; fact
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

Kmarion wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

It's not about the hand. It's about posturing. Showing your hand at best means nothing and at worst gives away state of mind and tells. Showing your hand outside of casual games is a joke.
You are also learning something by how the other person reacts to you showing your hands. You may even be affecting them.. and yes, sometimes it is about the hand.
If the other person isn't a dumbass they don't show anything. If they are a dumbass they are an aforementioned shit player, and nobody cares.

Kmarion wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

You're not telling me anything I don't know. You are the one who said "Just play smart when the odds are stacked against you." and then later defined playing smart as "playing the odds". You said it yourself, no strategy is complete without considering everything.

"Just [play the odds] when the odds are stacked against you"
"No strategy is complete without considering everything"

This has nothing to do with poker, you logically directly contradicted yourself.
when the odds are stacked against you, and you have no other relevant information. Once again you leave out major parts of what I just said. Do you not understand that playing style develops as the game progresses? In the beginning however the best knowledge you have is the odds. Stop pulling what I said apart. You're just going to admit you never said anything to the contrary after I clean up your selective reading.
lol selective reading my ass

Kmarion wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

I tend to just wait until I've got a killer hand and then start betting properly, at which point everyone else folds I guess thats not bluffing properly...
Depends on how many people are playing. If I'm at a table with 8 people I'll fold anything that isn't great. Let your opponents take each other out and then your odds of winning are better. You are playing against less hands.

Watch the antes though. Sometimes, after awhile, you are forced to play.
That's your entire post. The whole thing, the part of which I took issue bolded. Now you're trying to retroactively put all these stipulations on it to turn it into something I wouldn't have posted against in the first place.

Besides that you always, always have some information. Ignoramuses that are good at math have no business in poker.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Because the absolute first thing you said, what made me post here at all was "If I'm at a table with 8 people I'll fold anything that isn't great."

Kmarion wrote:

Again, I was talking about at the beginning (in case you didn't know that's usually when the table is full). I've explained it 1, 2 times since. If the table doesn't budge after awhile (and it almost always does) then I might make some loose moves, maybe I don't. I might pick off the first guy if I've got a good hand right away. That doesn't mean I feel compelled to do all the heavy lifting with a bluff. There is no one way to play. I might start predictable, by watching a hand or two.. but I sure as hell don't end up that way.
Yes, I know, you're talking about the beginning, you're wrong. Unless you have some fucked up definition of the "beginning" being ONLY THE FIRST HAND then you're nuts. No strategy is complete without considering everything.
Reciprocity
+721|6550|the dank(super) side of Oregon
donkeys
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California
If your gonna try and get overly smart with things, at least understand what you are analyzing.

That article covers ONLY your chances of being dealt those hands in the first 5 cards you receive, and ignores the fact that you are playing against some one else who has the same odds of getting a good (or bad) hand as you.

The article is pretty useless unless you play the type of poker where some one hands you five cards, and you only win if its a royal flush.
HaiBai

phishsux wrote:

no shit dumbass..?  of course i dont play 24/7 

phishsux wrote:

oh and id love to play your little bot hu some day. even the most sophisticated bots cant play nl very well against good players; fact
lol, my bot isnt sophisticated at all.  learn to fucking read.  i said i break even and i make $200 per month on average from rakeback.
phishsux
­
+131|5102

HaiBai wrote:

i can grind 24/7 as man
tables as i want.
and how about you learn to read. i said your little bot; that hardly implies that its sophisticated. oh wow, $200 a month?!!?! i avg more than that per day bud
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
oooooooooooooooooooooooo
phishsux
­
+131|5102
https://i44.tinypic.com/2vd382d.jpg

pretty decent month so far

/brag
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
kys
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
siiyb
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
hey ig if I ever get kidnapped can i count on you for ransom money?  Im good for it
Tu Stultus Es
phishsux
­
+131|5102
ship it
HaiBai

phishsux wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

i can grind 24/7 as man
tables as i want.
and how about you learn to read. i said your little bot; that hardly implies that its sophisticated. oh wow, $200 a month?!!?! i avg more than that per day bud
i said as i want dipshit.  i didnt say that's what i do. 

not to mention, its not like i spent countless of hours on the bot.  i did it for a learning experience lulz.  if i wanted to spend the time, i could make it be a big winner at small stakes.  and of course a good player would rape any bot.  but good job on figuring that out yourself 
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

HaiBai wrote:

phishsux wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

i can grind 24/7 as man
tables as i want.
i said as i want dipshit.  i didnt say that's what i do. 

not to mention, its not like i spent countless of hours on the bot.  i did it for a learning experience lulz.  if i wanted to spend the time, i could make it be a big winner at small stakes.  and of course a good player would rape any bot.  but good job on figuring that out yourself 
I call bullshit that you make $200 a month off poker sites.  I know it's not that much money at all, I just think you are full of shit.
phishsux
­
+131|5102
hes like 14 dude; dont bother
13/f/taiwan
+940|5668

phishsux wrote:

Yeah, I don't think his parents will let him use their bank account to gamble.
HaiBai

13/f/taiwan wrote:

phishsux wrote:

Yeah, I don't think his parents will let him use their bank account to gamble.
wanna bet.
phishsux
­
+131|5102
just fuck off dude
HaiBai

phishsux wrote:

just fuck off dude
will you cry if i stay?
phishsux