Poll

First time through a new game, what difficulty?

Easy; I need some time to get the hang of things10%10% - 7
Normal; The developers wanted me to play it this way62%62% - 44
Hard; I want a challenge27%27% - 19
Never have, and never will, play single player (liar!)0%0% - 0
Total: 70
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

Hard. Would rather find the game too difficult than too easy.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6845|Reykjavík, Iceland.

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Normal on rpgs, but the hardest/veteran on FPS games
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
Easy on anygame, and I generally don't reply SP.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
It can depend very much on the game... take Crysis for instance... going from Easy to Delta difficulty is like playing a completely different game...
(delta ftw)

But usually I take normal or even easy if normal is a bitch (see Bad Company 2)... I play singleplayer for the story,, not the challenge, that's what MP is for (tbh I hate beeing challenged, makes me feel like i suck xD)
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6845|Reykjavík, Iceland.

FloppY_ wrote:

It can depend very much on the game... take Crysis for instance... going from Easy to Delta difficulty is like playing a completely different game...
(delta ftw)

But usually I take normal or even easy if normal is a bitch (see Bad Company 2)... I play singleplayer for the story,, not the challenge, that's what MP is for (tbh I hate beeing challenged, makes me feel like i suck xD)
BC2 was piss easy on hard tbh
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6109|Birmingham, UK
Normal usually, then if i want to play again the next one up.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271

FloppY_ wrote:

(delta ftw)
Oh yeah, Crysis is an exception. I've never played it in anything except Delta difficulty.
FloppY_
­

Sydney wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

(delta ftw)

There were the random sections (mostly where you are riding shotgun in vehicles) where the enemy would rape you from 1km away without you having a chance to fight back before you're dead even on easy)
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6345

FloppY_ wrote:

Sydney wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

(delta ftw)

There were the random sections (mostly where you are riding shotgun in vehicles) where the enemy would rape you from 1km away without you having a chance to fight back before you're dead even on easy)
God, I cried at the truck scene. I had to do it 32 times (I´m not kidding) until luck and me remembering the sequence let me get past the second wave of Vodniks.

I think they balanced that eraly on though, I was playing the pirate version in SP until my copy arrived, so no updates.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
I found BC2 easier on hard than normal tbh
I usually play normal, then hard, then easy or normal any time after that depending on how i want to play the campaign. sometimes i just wanna go through meleeing people and feel like a god
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Zukabazuka
+23|6687
I often pick the hardest setting or one below, easy to just find stuff in the game.

Fear had a huge change from normal to hard, brother played on normal and he didn't lose armor that much in the game, For me on hard though 2-3 shots and I was down in 10 health. It was ridiculous how fast they ripped it away.

Also went hard on Batman Arkahm Asylum, and boy was it hard in the start.
Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6551|775

Normal. Easy is too easy for me and hard is just.... well hard.
BLdw
+27|5173|M104 "Sombrero"
Depends. I start with hard and if that feels too difficult I start over with easier settings.

In CIV IV (+stuff) I always pick deity. Yeah... AI in CIV IV never cheats. Never in that game. Never.
FloppY_
­

Sisco10 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Sydney wrote:

God, I cried at the truck scene. I had to do it 32 times (I´m not kidding) until luck and me remembering the sequence let me get past the second wave of Vodniks.

I think they balanced that eraly on though, I was playing the pirate version in SP until my copy arrived, so no updates.
Sure wasn't balanced when I did my ~20 tries with the vodnik whores tbh :<
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

If it's a PC game, easy until I get the hang of the controls. If it's a console game, normal or hard.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard