west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6391

Dilbert_X wrote:

I'm surprised no body keyed this bastard's car.
Its just a parked car, grow up.
The jerkoffs who think their shit is so special they can park however they want are the ones that need to grow up. I've seen these pricks park in the handycap spot and jog into the store. Fuck em
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
ruisleipa
+149|6224|teh FIN-land

Runs_with_sciss0rs wrote:

Here's a picture of some guys park job in Buffalo taken on my mobile device...

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29373/1119091235.jpg

...yep
LOL
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

The jerkoffs who think their shit is so special they can park however they want are the ones that need to grow up. I've seen these pricks park in the handycap spot and jog into the store. Fuck em
Well there are an obscenely amount of handicap spots everywhere over the last 3 years.
Chou
+737|6792
He's not the only one and.. full parking?
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6115|SC | USA |

Ah, I'm sorry, hardly anyone drives a manual transmission.
My G35 is a 6MT...
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Ah, I'm sorry, hardly anyone drives a manual transmission.
True, it's only like what? 80-90% of the worlds cars outside the US that have manuals?

lol
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

Only because the rest of the world doesn't have to deal with our rush hour traffic, which is murder to manual transmissions.

As much as you Europeans say you prefer manual, auto is still a premium purchase for the common European.  In the states, it just happens we can afford automatic more readily.  Manual to us are relegated to poor people or driving enthusiasts.  And even then, some enthusiasts cars have "auto-clutch" manuals these days.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6845|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Ilocano wrote:

Only because the rest of the world doesn't have to deal with our rush hour traffic, which is murder to manual transmissions.

As much as you Europeans say you prefer manual, auto is still a premium purchase for the common European.  In the states, it just happens we can afford automatic more readily.  Manual to us are relegated to poor people or driving enthusiasts.  And even then, some enthusiasts cars have "auto-clutch" manuals these days.
Rush hour traffic in Paris is brutal AFAIK.

Also, I never connected being poor with owning manuals, there isn't really that much of a price difference last I checked.

Manuals are just more fun to drive.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6579|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

Sydney wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Rush hour traffic in Paris is brutal AFAIK.

Also, I never connected being poor with owning manuals, there isn't really that much of a price difference last I checked.

Manuals are just more fun to drive.
Depending on the car they happen to be around 3-4k more for auto tranny. And i own a auto tranny car and absolutly love it. Peace of mind is awesome!
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5982|Toronto
I think you'll find that european traffic is far worse than American traffic. But yet most people there drive manual. Greater control and fuel economy, on aggregate.
I like pie.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

TSI wrote:

I think you'll find that european traffic is far worse than American traffic. But yet most people there drive manual. Greater control and fuel economy, on aggregate.
How wide are your typical highways, each way?  Highways, meaning areas with no stop signs/signals.  Our freeways with only on-ramps and off-ramps.
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6193|14072
I wouldn't really say that the fuel economy is better on a manual transmission vs an automatic. Before, yes, but now with modern automatic transmissions such as the CVT transmissions the difference in gas mileage is negligible. I think a few automatic cars actually get mileage than a manual.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Fine, let down their tyres.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Ilocano wrote:

I like autos, esp for city driving, you have that bit of extra time to watch other traffic. Most autos have torque converter lockup above a certain speed so they don't lose much efficiency.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Ilocano wrote:

TSI wrote:

How wide are your typical highways, each way?  Highways, meaning areas with no stop signs/signals.  Our freeways with only on-ramps and off-ramps.
One lane in each direction here in Iceland
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Here's a picture of some guys park job in Buffalo taken on my mobile device...

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29373/1119091235.jpg

...yep
Could've had someone cross-parked in the spot, but he shouldn't have stuck his ass out.

...or his parking brake fails.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

TSI wrote:

^
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5755|Roma

Ilocano wrote:

TSI wrote:

Our highways are depending from 3-4 lanes, most of the times even 2 lanes.
But we europeans have to deal with daily traffic in the city, which is really really terrible.
Since the cities have been originally planned for horses and carrages the streets are terrible.
Either they are in cobblestones or they have been improved and widened but they are still terrible.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
Tbh id never even consider getting an auto, I always checked the manual filter when searching for a car to buy.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5755|Roma
i'm kind of neutral on this auto vs manual thing.
True its more fun to drive a manual and true you get much better control of that car with it (my first car was a manual) but auto is sooo confortable.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Chou
+737|6792

TSI wrote:

Because the roads in America are bigger, wider, more lanes which makes driving a cruising luxury.

Europe sucks.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Chou wrote:

TSI wrote:

Because the roads in America are bigger, wider, more lanes which makes driving a cruising luxury.

Europe sucks.
Roads in Iceland are tiny and only one lane in each direction

Yet there is never any traffic.

(inbefore3peopleliveiniceland)
Chou
+737|6792
That's because there are only 3 people living in Iceland, jesus christ
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

And trolls don't drive cars, they have an underground monorail network at their disposal.
I need around tree fiddy.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Dilbert_X wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

I like autos, esp for city driving, you have that bit of extra time to watch other traffic. Most autos have torque converter lockup above a certain speed so they don't lose much efficiency.
^ Implying that you have to look at your gear lever to change gears...

Chou wrote:

TSI wrote:

Europe sucks.
I'd die from boredom if I were to drive in the states....

Europe
https://staging.forbestraveler.com/media/photos/inspirations/2007/08/europe-road-trips-01-d.jpg

US
https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1325/1419413823_ae7c3a2657.jpg

Yeah those images are biased (one beeing an alley the other a mountain), I know.. but that's the best I could do with 10 secs of google... and it represents the average road types pretty well...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-04-06 08:56:19)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard