Poll

Which is the best?

40mm Noob Tube81%81% - 48
40mm Smoke8%8% - 5
40mm Shotgun10%10% - 6
Total: 59
thepilot91
+64|6233|Åland!
I'm sorry but I gotta admit the GL is the one , not for it's capacaty to kill tho , but more for the enviroment , if you ask me , it kinda makes way of path
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS
40mm shotty is immense fun, hence i use it
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5452

Microwave wrote:

It annoys me when people run around with the tube out (opposed to the actual gun). It doesn't bother me if they shoot a bit first, then realise they're shit/I'm behind cover etc, switch to GL, then kill me, that's fine.

I only use the GL for it's proper purpose - shooting someone behind cover or if they're in a building behind a wall.
GL's proper purpose is to kill people?
Microwave
_
+515|6652|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
You're an idiot, you know what I mean.

If GL's were more effective at killing people in 'normal' combat what's the need for a gun that shoots bullets...
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5452
Every GL whore uses gun sometimes in a way some snipers use pistol sometimes

Whats the point with using a gun where you need to hit multiple times when you can use grenade and kill multiple opponents in 1 shot while having to aim very little?

I use grenade launcher and nade spam for the same reason medics use M60... To easy pwn nubs
thepilot91
+64|6233|Åland!

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

Whats the point with using a gun where you need to hit multiple times when you can use grenade and kill multiple opponents in 1 shot while having to aim very little?

I use grenade launcher and nade spam for the same reason medics use M60... To easy pwn nubs
and others with skill don't so they actually improve their skills instead of doin the same shit over and over again just because it's ridiculously easy...
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6796|Long Beach, CA

thepilot91 wrote:

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

and others with skill don't so they actually improve their skills instead of doin the same shit over and over again just because it's ridiculously easy...
Ya dude at least admit you have no gun skills instead of rationalizing it that way.  Secondary weapons are situational.

A nub pwning nubs with easy mode weapons, that is classic.
Ptfo
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

Microwave wrote:

It annoys me when people run around with the tube out (opposed to the actual gun). It doesn't bother me if they shoot a bit first, then realise they're shit/I'm behind cover etc, switch to GL, then kill me, that's fine.

I only use the GL for it's proper purpose - shooting someone behind cover or if they're in a building behind a wall.
^ This, exactly.
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6796|Long Beach, CA

mtb0minime wrote:

Microwave wrote:

^ This, exactly.
Fully agree as well
Ptfo
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5470|Ventura, California

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Microwave wrote:

^ This, exactly.
Fully agree as well
Yeah I play that way as well. I hate people running around with a low rank (less than 20) and like 9 gold stars with the GL. Like OMG

So I just discovered the love of the smoke launcher on rush. I'd sit on a hill, drop an ammo box, have the xtra grenade gadget and I'd just keep spamming. We won the game so many times. Until the enemy got smart and copied me.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5505|America
Need a game with no attachments.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

Blade4509 wrote:

Need a game with no attachments.
Sounds like you're addicted to the game, getting too emotional. Quit now and turn your back on it, before it turns its back on you!

Last edited by mtb0minime (2010-04-03 22:45:03)

Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6688
The GL is definitely powerful. I recently made the switch to the shotgun though. The GL is a medium to long range weapon and pretty much completely ineffective close range. The assault rifles are pretty effect at long range already. This leaves short range unanswered. People with M60s or magnum sniper rifles can blow you away at close range, this is where the shotgun comes in.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5996|Vortex Ring State

-Sh1fty- wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

^ This, exactly.
Fully agree as well
Yeah I play that way as well. I hate people running around with a low rank (less than 20) and like 9 gold stars with the GL. Like OMG

So I just discovered the love of the smoke launcher on rush. I'd sit on a hill, drop an ammo box, have the xtra grenade gadget and I'd just keep spamming. We won the game so many times. Until the enemy got smart and copied me.
Yup, smoke is awsm. Especially when you kill people with it. That way, you don't have to feel guilty about being a nade noob, you're providing screening cover for your team!
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5452

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

Ya dude at least admit you have no gun skills instead of rationalizing it that way.  Secondary weapons are situational.

guns are point and click, with nade u have to judge arch and take much larger lead compared to bullets, i get much larger satisfaction from killing some far away guy with a well aimed nade than spraying at them with M60 and getting instant headshots

and btw... at least hide your stats be4 calling people nubs
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6840|Reykjavík, Iceland.

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

guns are point and click, with nade u have to judge arch and take much larger lead compared to bullets, i get much larger satisfaction from killing some far away guy with a well aimed nade than spraying at them with M60 and getting instant headshots

Wow....just wow.

You barely have to compensate for arc at all, except for extreme range, and the fact that "point and click" with guns requires the ironsight to be on top of the enemy while you can just tube somewhere in their general direction and get an instant kill.

That being said, shotgun is definitely my favorite.
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5452

Sydney wrote:

just tube somewhere in their general direction and get an instant kill.
so clueless it hurts

nades have insta kill radius of like ~2-3m, try hitting this while the target is 100m< away and moving

i dont get you, first you whine about nades being instakill then you start praising 40mm shotgun which always kills instantly in CQC
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5505|America

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

Sydney wrote:

just tube somewhere in their general direction and get an instant kill.
so clueless it hurts

nades have insta kill radius of like ~2-3m, try hitting this while the target is 100m< away and moving

i dont get you, first you whine about nades being instakill then you start praising 40mm shotgun which always kills instantly in CQC
False. You need to stop talking about things you don't understand. It only kills in one shot sometimes and magnum ammo only slightly increases this chance. Also it doesn't kill a target who is "100m< away and moving.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6650
radius of 2-3 meters IS firing in their general direction you dunce

yes it might take an iota of skill to kill someone from 100 meters away with it but that's not what it's used for the vast vast majority of the time. it's the ultimate in ezmode technology
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6796|Long Beach, CA

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

I don't need to hide my stats because they don't mean much to me outside of the W/L column where I win more than Lose and that is because I always do the hard things to help make my team win.  I am the Kurt Rambis to my team.  You sit back in that building with your nubtube raining down on people actually doing things to help their team win and I will continue to Rush and blow MCOMS or take on a squad of 3 or 4 trying to cap a base.  In FPSers I usually average a 2:1 KDR and if I was concerned about babying that like most chumps out there I could do that.

I refuse to use a secondary as my primary, obviously you don't mind...nothing wrong with it but it isn't respectful due to the obvious mechanics it takes advantage of in the game.  Not only that but using it as an IWIN button instead of it's intended situational usage is asinine.  There is no argument that can justify the way children and D-Bags use the weapon in game.
Ptfo
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5452

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

I don't need to hide my stats because they don't mean much to me outside of the W/L column where I win more than Lose and that is because I always do the hard things to help make my team win.  I am the Kurt Rambis to my team.  You sit back in that building with your nubtube raining down on people actually doing things to help their team win and I will continue to Rush and blow MCOMS or take on a squad of 3 or 4 trying to cap a base.  In FPSers I usually average a 2:1 KDR and if I was concerned about babying that like most chumps out there I could do that.

I refuse to use a secondary as my primary, obviously you don't mind...nothing wrong with it but it isn't respectful due to the obvious mechanics it takes advantage of in the game.  Not only that but using it as an IWIN button instead of it's intended situational usage is asinine.  There is no argument that can justify the way children and D-Bags use the weapon in game.
Assumptions... Why would I "sit in that building with your nubtube" when buildings are death traps and you dont really success if you just camp and camp, does using explosives somehow prevent me from blowing up MCOMs or taking flags? Not at all.

Secondly, what are these advantages youre speaking of? Sure it may appear cheap but then again, just about every weapon in the game is..

@blade, strange because i always die from one shot from 40mmsg... whats there not to understand? and dont be a smartass.. you really didnt miss my point or did you?

skipping lucien, only trolling/provoking
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5234|Cleveland, Ohio
dude you are so annoying
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6650
RoaringJet, "I don't understand what this guy is saying but it sounds bad I'll just call him a troll" doesn't work
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6340
I recently discovered that the shotgun even up close (2-3m) seems NOT to kill someone with body armor, despite magnum ammo.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5452

Sisco10 wrote:

I recently discovered that the shotgun even up close (2-3m) seems NOT to kill someone with body armor, despite magnum ammo.
It kills if every pellet hits (not counting in magnum ammo/body armor)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard