Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney
I'd see Tool seated again, it was awesome. But I did see them up close the night before so I enjoyed the change of perspective.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England
Saw Senses Fail, Man Overboard and an up-coming band from around here called Dancing With The Enemy. They were on first and really kicked ass, got everyone going and sounded awesome. Bought their EP in support and was glad - it's really good.

Senses Fail were cool, but me and my girl got a pretty shit view. The place filled up fucking fast as soon as they came on.

Man Overboard were kind of gay.

Whitechapel next, in April. Should be interesting, to say the least

Last edited by FFLink (2011-02-24 12:25:54)

Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Soundwave tomorrow

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-02-24 14:58:58)

-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6653
Arcade Fire
The National
4 20 2011 at 07:00pm
Starlight Theatre (outdoor venue) in Kansas City

Should be a good time.

And I say this every time I use a ticket service, but fuck are handling fees ridiculous.  $37.50 for the ticket and $12.50 for "handling"...it's egregious that there's a 1/3 mark-up.

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2011-02-25 11:43:53)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Soundwave today!!!

I think my day may go like this (if we get there that early that is)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/52172/SW11-QLD-TT-final-SML.jpg%20%20720%C3%97507.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

Jaekus wrote:

Soundwave today!!!

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/52172 … %97507.png
QOTSA
Hooch Pandersnatch
I like shoes
+26|6122|West Aus

Jaekus wrote:

Soundwave today!!!

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/52172 … %97507.png
How was it?
I will be attending the Perth festival March 7, though I am still working out my plan of attack. So many bands so little time, at this point in time cloning myself would be useful.

Last edited by Hooch Pandersnatch (2011-02-27 06:47:21)

Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
It was fucking awesome!!

Here's a brief rundown:

Gaslight Anthem: not really my thing but they put on a tidy performance
Stone Sour: didn't pay much attention as we were all getting drinks, but sounded pretty good.
Primus: my highlight, awesome, AWESOME! They only played a 40 minute set because Stone Sour ran over time by 10 minutes. They could've easily played a 2 hour set if it were up to me...
Slash: getting drinks again, played a lot of GnR hits including Paradise City and Sweet Child Of Mine, sounded great.
Missed Slayer as we were getting food and it took 40 minutes... but I needed to eat if I was going to see the day out.
One Day as a Lion: kinda samey, got a bit bored with it. If you're into their music though you'd love it.
Queens of the Stone Age: I love these guys but the set felt a bit disjointed. They also had some sound issues with the bass (sounded like one of the speakers was blown, kept making a farting sound that definitely wasn't an effect). I felt slightly disappointed though they finished strong with Go With the Flow, I  Think I Lost My Headache and No One Knows, with Josh Homme drinking straight from a bottle of vodka during the set.
Iron Maiden: simply amazing. Masters of their craft and everyone knows it and it's clearly obvious to those who didn't know it before. Lots of showmanship, lots of epic guitar solos, rock moves galore. The sound was fantastic and Bruce was in perfect form, nailing some really big notes including the scream at the start of Number of the Beast. Played a lot of new stuff as well as some older favourites. Hallowed Be Thy Name was my highlight of the set.

Also heard Sevendust, Slayer, Pennywise and Coheed and Cambria were great, with Rob Zombie being a bit average.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-02-26 20:11:30)

FFLink
There is.
Should have checked out The Ataris
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England
Bad Religion and Rise Against! @ May 9th
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
We didn't leave my place till 2pm, though a bunch of mates that were at mine earlier got in around midday.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya
My Review of Soundwave (All IMO):

Sum 41: 4/10. Crap band, but the live show was alright if you're into that sort of thing.

Gaslight Anthem: 6/10. Good Solid performance, lots of energy, I enjoyed it. (Just not really my thing though)

Primus: 8/10. Excellent, really good music and a great vibe.

Dimmu Borgir: 7/10. Was good to watch, couldn't take them seriously (you're not meant to I guess) playing Black metal on a Summer afternoon in Brisbane.

One Day As a Lion: Didn't get to see enough but the last couple of songs that I saw were good.

Slayer:10/10. Almost Perfect, highlight of the day for me, I have always loved them. I'd heard that his vocals weren't so good these days but Araya was spot on. Sooo intense.  (Holt from Exodus did a great job filling in for Hanneman)

Queens of the Stone age: 6/10. Pretty disappointing tbh, lacked intensity and never really captured my attention, was all pretty standard and Homme came across as a douche.

Iron Maiden: 9.9/10. Amazing (especially for those old buggers haha) I didn't enjoy it quite as much as Slayer but possibly because I got stuck a fair way up the back whereas I was in the circle pit for Slayer.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England
Josh Homme IS a douche
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
yeah I thought the Homme = Douche notion was kind of a given these days

still an incredible musician though
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya
Yeah although somehow he just seemed extra douche. Maybe it was just in comparison to all the other front men who were awesome guys.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Here's some Primus vids I took:

FFLink
There is.
Going to see Bring Me The Horizon (Not a fan, but the girlfriend is), The Devil Wears Prada (), Architects and Parkway Drive at the end of April.

Can't wait
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya
Good old Parkway. I remember going to 2 of their shows when they could only pull a crowd of ~30 people
FFLink
There is.
They any good? Haven't really listened to them.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya
They're pretty good if you're into Hardcore. Not particularly original but they are fun to watch live.

Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6632

jamie woon and mt kimbie are coming to toronto on the 25th... but it's 19+ fudge
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6738|Toronto | Canada

wrongbar

dont know anyone who could lend you an id, id try to get you one if i did
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6632

i can get a hold of one, but i'd have to go downtown... a lot of people are buying fake id's for this montreal trip this march break

lol, a week or two ago i went to the art gallery of ontario and they id'd me because i looked over 25, and you get in free if you're under 25. i died inside
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6738|Toronto | Canada

i doubt a shitty yonge street fake would work at wrongbar... they dont work at clubs/venues, only at bars where they dont care.  whats wrong with downtown?
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6632

yeah, depends if they scan them right? shiet, and nothing haha i live in brampton so it would be a hassle getting down there
where could i get hold of a 'good' id?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard