The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6643|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Uzique wrote:

the wire is the only show the critics have put above the sopranos

and deservedly so

the wire > sopranos

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=0zeUZzaKBMo
Without sounding cheeky, just wanna know why.

What appeals to you so much about this??  Can you relate to the 'rebels' that wont toe the line?  if not, what is it then, the acting for eg?

Ive had some right lil bastards to coach for the last so n so years, they turned out to be some of the best players I have ever seen.

I did try searching 'The Wire' earlier but some 'fox have removed it for copywrite' or something came up instead.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
club DJ's are technological hangovers; they're cannon fodder for the ipod, mp3 generation.

their craft is old-hat and their 'skill' has been taken over by software and automated systems.

in short, club DJ's are arrogant wankers with massive egos doing a job that a 6 year old could do now

and the music they play is shit, too

dj/producers on the other hand... love love love

27 i love the wire because it is a 5-series deconstruction and analysis of american society and culture. it is fucking fantastic. the writing, the storylines, the realism, the themes, the acting and the stylization are all on a completely superlative level to anything else broadcast on television in recent years. the characters are well-rendered- they're not crude stereotypes or devices, they're real people with flaws and personalities, and the epic story-arcs and narrative structures keep you glued to your seat for hour upon hour. the schoolkids are a very small part of the overall-cast and overall focus of the program. and hell no do i identify with the 'rebel' element; im educationally institutionalized

Last edited by Uzique (2010-04-08 11:42:43)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Uzique wrote:

loool band of brothers better than the wire

sure, if you like copious amounts of CHEEEEEEEEEEESE with your quarter-pounder

that melo-dramatic shit is riveting for 14 year olds, im sure. i prefer some realism.
Uh-huh

Uzique wrote:

club DJ's are technological hangovers; they're cannon fodder for the ipod, mp3 generation.

their craft is old-hat and their 'skill' has been taken over by software and automated systems.

in short, club DJ's are arrogant wankers with massive egos doing a job that a 6 year old could do now

and the music they play is shit, too

dj/producers on the other hand... love love love

27 i love the wire because it is a 5-series deconstruction and analysis of american society and culture. it is fucking fantastic. the writing, the storylines, the realism, the themes, the acting and the stylization are all on a completely superlative level to anything else broadcast on television in recent years. the characters are well-rendered- they're not crude stereotypes or devices, they're real people with flaws and personalities, and the epic story-arcs and narrative structures keep you glued to your seat for hour upon hour. the schoolkids are a very small part of the overall-cast and overall focus of the program. and hell no do i identify with the 'rebel' element; im educationally institutionalized
I was brought up and carry that message on, the message being 'dont say you dont like it until you try it'.  So with that in mind, I'll give it a go if I see it on, Im not sharp enough to remember, Im trying to remember more important things more like.  So I may miss it, what channel over here will have it and roughly when?

You'll probably piss yaself but one of my fav things to watch is The Lion Man, this fella goes in the cages with these big cats he has raised since they were kittens.  I dont relate to him, or the cats, I just love it.  That keeps me glued to the seat Ive sat my fat arse on at the time.  I think if anything you watch that has that effect its a winner, regardless of what the next person says, in your case from what I gather The Wire is a hugely popular.  So yeah ok, I'll give it a go, where and when, any ideas?

Im a bugger for missing the boat, it dont matter what it is, music, tv, films, I never watch it at the time its out, I dont take any notice of everyone raving about it, but eventually it catches me up.  I didnt like Oasis until they split up for eg, I dont particulary like them, just one or two songs, which are now about 13 years old.  Ive always been old.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Just had a glass of Fanta pineapple pop. It really doesn't taste too good.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

War Man wrote:

Do you or did you ever get 'Lilt'?  Basically Pineapple Fanta.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
The Wire
It's probably the best TV show in the same way Zeppelin is the best rock band.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

1927 wrote:

War Man wrote:

Lilt is
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire

DesertFox- wrote:

The Wire
you mean how for every person that agrees with you theres going to be plenty who disagree. zeppelin is meh
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
War Man

1927 wrote:

War Man wrote:

First time drinking any sort of pineapple pop, pineapple is my #1 favorite fruit and I was curious. Never seen pineapple pop before until today

Last edited by War Man (2010-04-08 11:58:21)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

Uzique wrote:

analysis of american society and culture.
shut the fuck up uzique

M.O.A.B wrote:

1927 wrote:

War Man wrote:

Lilt is
... is .... ?

Where do you live?

I havent seen that stuff in the UK for years, perhaps 'I havent taken any notice of that stuff for years' is more truthful.  Im a coca cola addict.
War Man
Never heard of Lilt

War Man wrote:

1927 wrote:

War Man wrote:

First time drinking any sort of pineapple pop, pineapple is my #1 favorite fruit and I was curious. Never seen pineapple pop before until today
Bung Vodka in it.  You get Lilt in the US?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

1927 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

1927 wrote:

Lilt is
... is .... ?

Where do you live?

I havent seen that stuff in the UK for years, perhaps 'I havent taken any notice of that stuff for years' is more truthful.  Im a coca cola addict.
Land of the Geordies.

Its a bit like 7up, sometimes you see it, most times you don't. Almost like its seasonal.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

1927 wrote:

War Man wrote:

1927 wrote:

Bung Vodka in it.  You get Lilt in the US?

Wiki wrote:

Its USA Counterpart is Mountain Dew.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
nah it's not like mountain dew. last time i was in NY im pretty sure i didn't see lilt
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Miggle wrote:

Wiki wrote:

Its USA Counterpart is Mountain Dew.
The way the world has gone politically correct Im suprised Jerusalem hasnt gone nuts over this, or am I just a complete and utter dirty bastard?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
How the fuck is Lilt in anyway associated with Mountain Dew they're totally different...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Uzique wrote:

analysis of american society and culture.
shut the fuck up uzique
im parroting public reception of the show, not my own critique...

go fuck yourself mr.wang
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America

RTHKI wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

The Wire
you mean how for every person that agrees with you theres going to be plenty who disagree. zeppelin is meh
Oh shit, I put instead of because both are of those examples are horribly overrated.
Flaming_Maniac

Uzique wrote:

im parroting public reception of the show, not my own critique...
demonstrating the intelligence of yourself and those you listen to
Flaming_Maniac
also Stringer Bell is awesome
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
yeah like mr.erudite-signature-quote-wizard? you're a fucking tool, shut the fuck up yourself for once you cocky cuntrag

how the hell is the wire over-rated in the same way that led zep are? the show had hardly any mainstream-television success, and barely made a run through one series because of the low audience-penetration figures. it's hardly the popular-man's choice, is it? another grade-A dumb fuck statement.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6100|Carnoustie MASSIF

Uzique wrote:

audience-penetration
*sniggers*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard