FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum

androoz wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

androoz wrote:

yes it prolly will help out the economy a good bit, dont really think daily life will change at all tbh. doubt any more people will start smoking often, maybe once in a while thing like alcohol.

neither @ the last one really, people will continue about their day, not every single person is gonna be forced to smoke lol. those who wanna smoke weed already do anyway and more will come out out of the closet so to speak when it passes.

id say amsterdam is a good example kinda. may be a bit weird at first but itll become the norm.
do you smoke weed? you think i should do it? i dunno, im worried that ill get addicted and my grades will suffer does it make you cool?
ya i do, no im not gonna decide whether i think you should do it, thats your own choice. if you have a medical problem that can be helped by it then yes i recommend you use it.

no your grades will not suffer either unless you show up to class high as fk, same thing with alcohol, who the hell shows up drunk? sort your priorities, ie do work first then toke.

@mcminty, im pretty sure the government is gonna tax it in some way or make money out of it. but i think it may be a bit harder to regulate and tax considering some people just may grow it in their own home or have it hidden etc.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6729|St. Andrews / Oslo

mcminty wrote:

androoz wrote:

yes it prolly will help out the economy a good bit, dont really think daily life will change at all tbh. doubt any more people will start smoking often, maybe once in a while thing like alcohol.
Enlighten me.. how?
or more importantly - how is it relevant?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6718|Sydney, Australia
Lol, the govt gets tax revenue from the sale of weed therefore it is economically beneficial.. gg with the simplified economics model..

Edit: oh, and if you want to compare it to alcohol.. you should realise that alcohol is one of the most detrimental things to wider society..
androoz
Banned
+137|5210|United States

mcminty wrote:

Lol, the govt gets tax revenue from the sale of weed therefore it is economically beneficial.. gg with the simplified economics model..
well it may put some people to work, free up prisons, cops wont waste time and money going after people for smoking a plant, etc.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6569

mcminty wrote:

you're missing the important point here though.

without weed:
with weed:
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6467

mkxiii wrote:

mcminty wrote:

androoz wrote:

Enlighten me.. how?
only way it will help the ecomony is if they tax it like they do with tabacco, but then people will get it from other sources which avoid the tax increase, such as, where they get it from at the moment, and as the government arent getting their fair share of that wonga theyll most likely make it illegal to either have at all or get it from sources other than taxed ones

situation if weed made legal = situation at moment

Edit: @Uzi was it Glouchestershire or Staffordshire you said you lived near/in when you arent at uni?
my family are based in gloucestershire, yeah. gloucester/cheltenham and the fine-ass countryside around it, i.e. royal forest of dean
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6233|Uk

mcminty wrote:

any tax would be virtually negligible in the economy to be fair

Edit: i remember you said one of the two, might be at either glouchester/staff next year for uni

Last edited by mkxiii (2010-04-08 07:25:35)

androoz
Banned
+137|5210|United States

Toilet Sex wrote:

mcminty wrote:

without weed:
with weed:
without weed:
with weed:
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6569

androoz wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

mcminty wrote:

without weed:
with weed:
without weed:
with weed:
androoz with or without it:

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17292/twat_hat-p148676343356533076qz14_400.jpg
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6233|Uk

androoz wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

mcminty wrote:

without weed:
with weed:
without weed:
with weed:
people who cant be happy or have fun without weed/alcohol dont deserve to have fun
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6736|Toronto | Canada

Uzique wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Do you guys get a really short Easter break or something? We get a month
i have a month as well but i have to write 15,000 words and revise for 4 exams for april 26th.

hence im going to LDN to camp our fantastic libraries - mostly senate house.

come visit me xx
Woah, thats ridiculous.  We just get a 4 day weekend
androoz
Banned
+137|5210|United States

mkxiii wrote:

androoz wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

without weed:
with weed:
without weed:
with weed:
people who cant be happy or have fun without weed/alcohol dont deserve to have fun
um ok

who says they cant be happy or have fun without it?

/facepalm

edit- mark have you ever had alcohol before, just wondering?

Last edited by androoz (2010-04-08 07:27:51)

Jenspm
penis

mkxiii wrote:

mcminty wrote:

but you've completely ignored other effects from legalisation; I'd predict dropping effectiveness, employment and productivity, thus higher prices and inflation - hardly economically healthy?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6233|Uk

androoz wrote:

mkxiii wrote:

androoz wrote:

without weed:
with weed:
um ok

who says they cant be happy or have fun without it?

/facepalm

edit- mark have you ever had alcohol before, just wondering?
i took it from the "without weed: "
and yeah, i go out drinking couple of times a week, but i dont need to to have fun or do stupid shit, me and my mates just do retarded stuff without being drunk high etc
mcminty

Jenspm wrote:

mkxiii wrote:

mcminty wrote:

but you've completely ignored other effects from legalisation; I'd predict dropping effectiveness, employment and productivity, thus higher prices and inflation - hardly economically healthy?
Zing. The negative externalities and societal costs would outweigh any benefits from increased tax revenue.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6467
legalizing weed wouldn't make the working proletariat a collective of stoned morons

television and mass-media is already keeping the masses sedated under an opiate-haze
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6629

all the way dooownnnn, music makes this thug, calm down

mcminty
Oh of course.. but it's not like weed would help. :p
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6569

But on a happier note, easter eggs on sale at prices so low it's rude not to are the best thing about this time of year
Jenspm
penis

Uzique wrote:

legalizing weed wouldn't make the working proletariat a collective of stoned morons
I never said that, but don't you think it'll increase the number of stoned morons?
mcminty

Toilet Sex wrote:

But on a happier note, easter eggs on sale at prices so low it's rude not to are the best thing about this time of year
yay easter eggs
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6233|Uk
i dont think legalisation would make as big a difference as people think, the main target audience would be chavs and they are intellectually bankrupt already. i think they should make something more lethal legal just for gene pool cleansing purposes (Chlorine maybe?)
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6467
you could legalize any drug tomorrow and it wouldn't do anywhere near as much damage to society as alcohol already does

hell if they sold heroin over the shop-counter you'd struggle to get 45,000 deaths-per-year

alcohol has an impressive strangle-hold on the vices of our western civilization
androoz
Banned
+137|5210|United States

Jenspm wrote:

Uzique wrote:

I never said that, but don't you think it'll increase the number of stoned morons?
more may people may come out of the closet sure, and people who are gonna be stoned morons already are stoned morons lol.

you guys act like everyone who does smoke smokes it all day.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6569

mcminty wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

yay easter eggs
I could eat them all day and night... then probably throw up and die

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard